ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278534)

otherstar 12-09-2013 07:57 AM

That sounds awesome (like Lord of the Rings Online, on serious STEROIDS). LOTRO just started using trait trees most love them (myself included). Depending on the cost, I may have to give this one a try!

The Franchise 12-09-2013 10:10 AM

For once I'd like to see a game that relies on player choices....to actually make the choices worthwhile. Half the time the rewards for either choice are garbage. Want to make it tough for me to stop taking the wrong side? Give me a reward that actually makes me want to choose the correct side.

allen_kcCard 12-09-2013 10:27 AM

As much as it would frustrate me in ways, I would love to see a game actually make the game damn near unplayable if you keep making the wrong choices. Like if you run around just killing anything that moves, get to a point where you can't do anything at all because mobs of guards and vigilantes swarm you and even the worst of the worst in the world refuse to deal with you.

allen_kcCard 12-09-2013 10:35 AM

Would also like to make this game my excuse for getting an updated system. Although trying to sell the house to get something large enough that my 4 month old actually has a room of his own might put a damper on that budget item.

Hammock Parties 12-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10263088)
As much as it would frustrate me in ways, I would love to see a game actually make the game damn near unplayable if you keep making the wrong choices. Like if you run around just killing anything that moves, get to a point where you can't do anything at all because mobs of guards and vigilantes swarm you and even the worst of the worst in the world refuse to deal with you.

Actually it should make it incredibly hard...but the longer you persevere the bigger badass you become...and eventually you can overcome incredible odds as a super badass ranger...holy shit.

Valiant 12-09-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10263088)

daggerfall

Pants 12-09-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10263048)
For once I'd like to see a game that relies on player choices....to actually make the choices worthwhile. Half the time the rewards for either choice are garbage. Want to make it tough for me to stop taking the wrong side? Give me a reward that actually makes me want to choose the correct side.

I feel the best games are the ones with morally ambiguous choices. I feel like black or white choices are boring.

I loved the choice you had to make in the first Witcher. I could see good reasons to go with either one and it was incredibly difficult to decide. We need more games like that, IMO.

htismaqe 12-09-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10264781)
I feel the best games are the ones with morally ambiguous choices. I feel like black or white choices are boring.

I loved the choice you had to make in the first Witcher. I could see good reasons to go with either one and it was incredibly difficult to decide. We need more games like that, IMO.

The thing is, some of the situations I'm reading in the GI article aren't morally ambiguous. It's pretty black and white what you SHOULD do from a moral perspective. They're introducing a decision point as a gameplay mechanism, not a plot device (although it certainly figures into the plot).

It's a bit different than the Witcher I think but the Witcher is a good example because it was pretty unique/innovative and I think this has that kind of potential.

Hammock Parties 01-23-2014 02:53 PM

omfg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7fB64APq_jk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 01-23-2014 02:56 PM

Holy ****.

loochy 01-23-2014 03:09 PM

pretty cool.

i dont know if i like the wraith thing though

keg in kc 01-23-2014 03:10 PM

Not sure I like the looks of that combat.

The Franchise 01-23-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10389512)
Not sure I like the looks of that combat.

That's probably the only thing out of that...that I have questions about. It looked like at one point that he hit the enemy with a clean slash....but the enemy continued forward with his combo anyways.

htismaqe 01-23-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10389517)
That's probably the only thing out of that...that I have questions about. It looked like at one point that he hit the enemy with a clean slash....but the enemy continued forward with his combo anyways.

Collision detection is something that can be continuously tweaked...

Fish 01-23-2014 03:18 PM

Holy ****ing ****. That's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.