ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New York Post NFL writer on Clark - "Didn’t strike me as the sharpest guy around." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267365)

PunkinDrublic 12-04-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180293)
ROFL

I wonder if people realize what SMU's academic standards are?

I live right by SMU. It's pretty much known as Highland Park community college. Basically it's for rich kids who couldn't get into a more prestigous school. With that being said, being valedictorian at any University is impressive

Jenson71 12-04-2012 02:10 PM

That was really rude of him.

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 02:10 PM

Even if you think SMU is a bullshit school (which it ISN'T), he was a an analyst at GOLDMAN SACHS. They don't hire mouth breathers. This isn't the firm from "AMERICAN PSYCHO." Clark didn't sit around listening to his goddamn walkman and filling in crossword puzzles.

Baby Lee 12-04-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9180116)
Pioli: What are you gonna do, fire me? [bounces basketball off back of Clark's head] Huh, tough guy? [bounce] Soccer boy! [bounce] Let's see you cry. [bounce] C'mon, squirt a few tears. [bounce] One, two, three -- cry [bounce] One, two, three -- cry [bounce]

Funny thing is, I can picture BOTH Pioli as Dr. Evil [duh] AND Clark as Seth Green.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9180379)
I live right by SMU. It's pretty much known as Highland Park community college. Basically it's for rich kids who couldn't get into a more prestigous school. With that being said, being valedictorian at any University is impressive

It's not Stanford or Ivy League, for sure.

It's not a "state school" either.

keg in kc 12-04-2012 02:13 PM

In my experience it's never wise to try and gauge someone's intelligence based on how they come across in a conversation. Intelligence and communication skills don't always go hand-in-hand.

ChiTown 12-04-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180393)

There's a reason why they call SMU the Harvard of the South, and it's not because of their ultra liberal educational agenda.

gblowfish 12-04-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180393)

I'm sure Clark went to school there because he's a legacy, and his daddy was a major booster.

RealSNR 12-04-2012 02:19 PM

Laughing at the guys who probably scrape shit for a living saying just because Clark was a valedictorian at SMU doesn't mean he's smart.

Just because you're not book smart doesn't mean YOUR version of smart is equal to book smart. It's not. Not even close.

Jenson71 12-04-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9180405)
There's a reason why they call SMU the Harvard of the South, and it's not because of their ultra liberal educational agenda.

There's a reason Harvard doesn't call itself the "SMU of the North."

htismaqe 12-04-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9180407)
I'm sure Clark went to school there because he's a legacy, and his daddy was a major booster.

I am sure he was ACCEPTED there because of those 2 things, yes.

But neither of those things factored into him graduating FIRST in his class.

bobinkc 12-04-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9180390)
Even if you think SMU is a bullshit school (which it ISN'T), he was a an analyst at GOLDMAN SACHS. They don't hire mouth breathers. This isn't the firm from "AMERICAN PSYCHO." Clark didn't sit around listening to his goddamn walkman and filling in crossword puzzles.

Holy shit. Saying someone is "smart" just because they were an analyst at Goldman Sachs. That is some funny shit right there.

ChiTown 12-04-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9180412)
Laughing at the guys who probably scrape shit for a living saying just because Clark was a valedictorian at SMU doesn't mean he's smart.

Just because you're not book smart doesn't mean YOUR version of smart is equal to book smart. It's not. Not even close.

Agreed

Valedictorian is NOT an award you can buy, it's meritorious. I don't particularly care for Clark as an NFL Owner, but people trying to paint him as dumb, really need to check themselves.

bobinkc 12-04-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180416)
I am sure he was ACCEPTED there because of those 2 things, yes.

But neither of those things factored into him graduating FIRST in his class.

Who knows...maybe he spent all his money on people to do his papers for him.

ChiTown 12-04-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9180413)
There's a reason Harvard doesn't call itself the "SMU of the North."

Agreed.