ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What are you Having For Lunch (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133696)

SLAG 01-13-2006 11:56 AM

What are you Having For Lunch
 
What are you Having for Lunch,


I hope this thread to be like the drink of choice thread.

We can Bump PRN.


So what are you Eating for Lunch Today,


Popeyes Chicken For me!

shakesthecat 01-13-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
Popeyes Chicken For me!


Popeyes just opened their first store here in Dez Moinez. There was an article in the paper the other day saying it was so busy, people were waiting 2-3 hours in the drive-thru lane to get their orders.

I'd love to try some, but that's friggin crazy.


Oh and as for my lunch, apparently I'm going without. :deevee:

Donger 01-13-2006 12:01 PM

My wife.

Nzoner 01-13-2006 12:02 PM

I just got back from a local place called Bottoms Up,they're running an ad in my publication this month and I had to go take pics of a tenderloin sandwich they call the Mommy Esther.When I finished they told me I could eat it,the bitch was huge and thick,best tenderloin around by far.

Unfortunately I now feel like I just ate a small pig and need a nap.

angel 01-13-2006 12:03 PM

leftover pizza

SLAG 01-13-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
My wife.


Funny Thats my Desert

Rain Man 01-13-2006 12:04 PM

I'm still deciding. I've got a large number of options, and they all sound good. It's tearing me up inside.

siberian khatru 01-13-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel
leftover pizza

And birthday cake?

Skip Towne 01-13-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
My wife.

That's what I had. I hope seconds are OK with you.

angel 01-13-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
And birthday cake?

I don't like cake-- I usually get the ice cream cake from DQ, and no, there is none leftover

Donger 01-13-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
Funny Thats my Desert

You mean 'dessert,' of course.

ptlyon 01-13-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
My wife.

It's what's for dinner.

Donger 01-13-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
That's what I had. I hope seconds are OK with you.

Watch out: Skip Towne has his annual boner and is looking to score.

VonneMarie 01-13-2006 12:11 PM

Italian BMT from Subway... er, that's what I'm going to have.

Donger 01-13-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel
I don't like cake-- I usually get the ice cream cake from DQ, and no, there is none leftover

Angel, did you and gochiefs form some kind of loose alliance? Why is he now, 'goangel?'

siberian khatru 01-13-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel
I don't like cake-- I usually get the ice cream cake from DQ, and no, there is none leftover

Pigged out, huh? :p

angel 01-13-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Angel, did you and gochiefs form some kind of loose alliance? Why is he now, 'goangel?'

I don't know why he is now called that, and I would appreciate someone changing him back to his real name 'goatcheese' as soon as possible

there has been no such alliance formed-- I assume since yesterday was the Angel Lounge, that might have something to do with it, but I know not for sure why this has happened

journeyscarab 01-13-2006 12:20 PM

PBJ (peanut butter and jelly), pringles, nanner, Simply Asia noodle soup (Shutaki Mushroom).

Rain Man 01-13-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
You mean 'dessert,' of course.

Actually, her womb was a barren place where his seed could not find purchase.

Reaper16 01-13-2006 12:23 PM

I wish I was having a mixed plate from Gates.

I'm stuck with a meatball sub from Quiznos.

kc rush 01-13-2006 12:24 PM

boring turkey sandwich

Donger 01-13-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Actually, her womb was a barren place where his seed could not find purchase.

ROFL

Sometimes it's a hard world for small things.

shaneo69 01-13-2006 12:24 PM

Had some Lion's Choice roast beef and chili cheese fries.

Beats Lattimer's Arby's crap any day.

StcChief 01-13-2006 12:25 PM

Turkey chili with Northern beans.

cadmonkey 01-13-2006 12:27 PM

I just had a turkey club, 2 bud lights and 2 shots of tequilla. mmmmmmmmmmmmm good!

greg63 01-13-2006 12:50 PM

Vegetable soup.

Nzoner 01-13-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
I just had a turkey club, 2 bud lights and 2 shots of tequilla. mmmmmmmmmmmmm good!

The tequila sounds very good.

Dartgod 01-13-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
The tequila sounds very good.

Hey, how did those margs turn out?

I had a garlic crusted shrimp caesar salad from Applebee's today. Yummmmy!

plbrdude 01-13-2006 01:23 PM

mmmmmmmmm i had leftover boiled cabbage and pork chop and a salad. an orange for dessert. and throw in a glass of v8

ptlyon 01-13-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plbrdude
mmmmmmmmm i had leftover boiled cabbage and pork chop and a salad. an orange for dessert. and throw in a glass of v8


No wonder they call you plbrdude

bogie 01-13-2006 01:26 PM

Not lunch time yet. But I brought burrito's from home. I like to melt american cheese on top and spread ranch dressing. yum.

chasedude 01-13-2006 01:26 PM

Boneless BBQ chicken wings and a bowl of pasta salad.

ChiTown 01-13-2006 01:29 PM

My wife called me up and invited me home for lunch. My youngest had a play date over at his buddies.

Time well spent! :)

Nzoner 01-13-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Hey, how did those margs turn out?

I didn't get to make them,I got so wasted the Friday before NYE I didn't have a drop the rest of the weekend.

My plan is to make a batch for my annual Superbowl party.

SLAG 01-13-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
I didn't get to make them,I got so wasted the Friday before NYE I didn't have a drop the rest of the weekend.

My plan is to make a batch for my annual Superbowl party.


You Rolling with some HD over there?

rageeumr 01-13-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
I just got back from a local place called Bottoms Up,they're running an ad in my publication this month and I had to go take pics of a tenderloin sandwich they call the Mommy Esther.When I finished they told me I could eat it,the bitch was huge and thick,best tenderloin around by far.

Unfortunately I now feel like I just ate a small pig and need a nap.

Bottoms Up? The one on "The Ave"?? I've got some pretty funny memories from that place but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable eating there.....

Nzoner 01-13-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
You Rolling with some HD over there?

Unfortunately no,however,the game will be on all 7 tv's and we'll have quite a food spread as well as a one day fantasy football pot,quarter pots,etc.I'll be posting a thread inviting the planet as the time gets closer.

luv 01-13-2006 01:54 PM

Oh yeah. Lunch. I should probably grab something before I go to work.

luv 01-13-2006 02:00 PM

Why is there a glass of beer next to the header about food? Are you allowed to drink alcoholic beverages on your lunch break at work? :p

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-13-2006 02:00 PM

EAT PORK.

Nzoner 01-13-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr
Bottoms Up? The one on "The Ave"?? I've got some pretty funny memories from that place but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable eating there.....

Yep,that's the one,not sure I want to know about your memories but personally I know the owners and have been in the kitchen and have always had excellent food.

rageeumr 01-13-2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
Yep,that's the one,not sure I want to know about your memories but personally I know the owners and have been in the kitchen and have always had excellent food.

That is good to hear. I suppose a place always looks a little dirtier on a Saturday night. :)

Nzoner 01-13-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr
That is good to hear. I suppose a place always looks a little dirtier on a Saturday night. :)

I hear ya,the place can definitely get a little rowdy on the weekend nights and even though I've heard people refer to it as a hole in the wall etc. those kinds of places usually have a tendency to put out some decent food and this one is no exception.

chief52 01-13-2006 02:09 PM

I just picked up a fresh Dungeness crab on the docks. I made a great crab sandwich. It is my first one of the year as the season just opened here. In my mind there is nothing more tasty that fresh Dungeness...Humboldt County's own.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-13-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
My wife.


:Lin:

Nzoner 01-13-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
I just picked up a fresh Dungeness crab on the docks. I made a great crab sandwich. It is my first one of the year as the season just opened here. In my mind there is nothing more tasty that fresh Dungeness...Humboldt County's own.

I've had a craving of late for a cookie.

chief52 01-13-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
I've had a craving of late for a cookie.

I will remember that on my next trip to KC... :)

Donger 01-13-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer
:Lin:

Pardon me?

BIG_DADDY 01-13-2006 02:18 PM

Tri-Tip samich. :drool:

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-13-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Pardon me?

Just Kiddin with ya ROFL Don't take it personal!

bgguitarman 01-13-2006 02:23 PM

Gorats in Omaha....Warren Buffet decided to eat there today too with some of his shareholders so it took forever.

SLAG 01-13-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgguitarman
Gorats in Omaha....Warren Buffet decided to eat there today too with some of his shareholders so it took forever.


I wish i was in His Will

journeyscarab 01-13-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgguitarman
Gorats in Omaha....Warren Buffet decided to eat there today too with some of his shareholders so it took forever.

How about Romeos or Jerichos? When I had to come to Omaha The Green Onion was always a place to visit. Two drinks for the price of one!

MOhillbilly 01-13-2006 02:29 PM

hotfries and a cup of joe.

bgguitarman 01-13-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
I wish i was in His Will

Don't We All!!!

bgguitarman 01-13-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab
How about Romeos or Jerichos? When I had to come to Omaha The Green Onion was always a place to visit. Two drinks for the price of one!

Romeos is awesome and so The Green Onion! How about Runza baby!!! A Nebraska special.

ENDelt260 01-13-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2rite
Why is there a glass of beer next to the header about food? Are you allowed to drink alcoholic beverages on your lunch break at work? :p

I've had a beer or two with lunch before. It's not that big a deal.

Today I had a chicken burrito especial from Rubio's.

journeyscarab 01-13-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgguitarman
Romeos is awesome and so The Green Onion! How about Runza baby!!! A Nebraska special.

Runza's rock. I'll have to hit the one in Lawrence when my son's CYO team plays there in a few weeks. It's been a while since I had a Runza!

Gonzo 01-13-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgguitarman
Don't We All!!!


Maybe he will leave you the dresser he used to make his wife sleep in!!!
_____________________________________________________________

Goldmember: Can I paint his yoo-hoo gold now? It's kind of my thing, you know...
Dr. Evil: How 'bout no, you crazy Dutch bastard!

bgguitarman 01-13-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo8888
Maybe he will leave you the dresser he used to make his wife sleep in!!!
_____________________________________________________________

Goldmember: Can I paint his yoo-hoo gold now? It's kind of my thing, you know...
Dr. Evil: How 'bout no, you crazy Dutch bastard!


Rep!

cadmonkey 01-13-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
The tequila sounds very good.


Patron Silver, you tell me :)

cadmonkey 01-13-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
My wife called me up and invited me home for lunch. My youngest had a play date over at his buddies.

Time well spent! :)


I'm assuming that means a play date with your wife.......

Nzoner 01-13-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
Patron Silver, you tell me :)

Can't say I've had it,I'll ask tonight as we're going to a little place downtown to hear some live blues.

bgguitarman 01-13-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
Patron Silver, you tell me :)

My favorite!!!!! Rep man!

bgguitarman 01-13-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
Patron Silver, you tell me :)


A bar here in Omaha on Tuesdays has $2.75 patron shots. They have the Anejo, the Reposado, the Silver, and the coffee flavored one.

ENDelt260 01-13-2006 03:46 PM

Coffee flavored tequilla? I thought tequilla was supposed to be tequilla flavored. Next you'll be telling me about almond tequilla.

Katipan 01-13-2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Coffee flavored tequilla? I thought tequilla was supposed to be tequilla flavored. Next you'll be telling me about almond tequilla.

You'll be puking on my almond tequilla tonight.

Boozer 01-13-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab
Runza's rock. I'll have to hit the one in Lawrence when my son's CYO team plays there in a few weeks. It's been a while since I had a Runza!

It Runza down your leg.

ENDelt260 01-13-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
You'll be puking on my almond tequilla tonight.

That doesn't sound like a very fun date.

Katipan 01-13-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
That doesn't sound like a very fun date.

You can put whatever juice you want in it, baby.

ChiefsFire 01-13-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
You can put whatever juice you want in it, baby.

do you two have your own language??


always sounds like gibberish

ENDelt260 01-13-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire
do you two have your own language??


always sounds like gibberish

Sometimes some Tagalog creeps in.

Katipan 01-13-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire
do you two have your own language??


always sounds like gibberish

always?

ChiefsFire 01-13-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
always?

maybe its just when one of the three of us is drunk

i dunno

Katipan 01-13-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire
maybe its just when one of the three of us is drunk

i dunno

oh ok. so yeah. always.

we're a little obnoxious but we make up for it by being such assholes.

ChiefsFire 01-13-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
oh ok. so yeah. always.

we're a little obnoxious but we make up for it by being such assholes.

i heard Delt never met an asshole he didnt like

ENDelt260 01-13-2006 05:51 PM

I like some more than others

sedated 01-13-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
My wife.


the other white meat?

ENDelt260 01-13-2006 07:30 PM

His wife is black.

Over-Head 01-13-2006 07:34 PM

Well it's way past lunch, hell it's almost 5 past 10pm here on the rock.
But for supper I made
-Scallops sauteed (sp) in white wine and butter with a hint of baccon tossed in for good measure
-Fresh pan fried Cod
-Salt fish cakes
-Lobster tails
-King crab leggs
and started off with fresh tiger shrimp.

Me and the Mrs. wanted seafood tonight. :thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.