ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

keg in kc 04-23-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9617031)
How do you know these are mistakes until the season starts????????

Wouldn't be much conversation if people didn't have and share a variety of opinions.

Rausch 04-23-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9617031)
How do you know these are mistakes until the season starts????????

It's not a mistake to get taken on a trade?

We overpaid for Smith and now we're going to trade a top 10 LT for a 2nd (if reports are true) and then turn around and spend the no 1 pick on another LT.

KC is constantly getting hosed in trades (value.)

Deberg_1990 04-23-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9617042)

We overpaid for Smith and now we're going to trade a top 10 LT for a 2nd (if reports are true) and then turn around and spend the no 1 pick on another LT.

If Smith plays well and get the team to the playoffs, how did we get taken? Point is, we dont know if we got taken yet or not.

TEX 04-23-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9617042)

Is Brandon Albert really a top 10 LT? Hard to say, but I do get your point.

philfree 04-23-2013 12:24 PM

We don't know that we paid to much for Alex Smith until the games are played. If he's putting up a 100 QB rating like he has the last 2 years then what we gave isn't to much at all IMO. After all it is the most valuable position on the field.

BossChief 04-23-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9617050)
Is Brandon Albert really a top 10 LT? Hard to say, but I do get your point.

He only gave up one sack all year.

If he's not top ten, he's damn close.

He has been highly effective the last two years and wants market value and to be allowed to continue to play the position he has played for us the last 5 years.

I can't see how they think the team is improved by replacing Albert (who is entering his prime) with a rookie that is coming from a spread offense and only getting a late second for our own
top ten left tackle.

Shit, the way they got RAPED on the Alex Smith trade, I wouldn't be shocked to find out we only get a third for Albert.

It's all about principle.
Dorsey and Reid don't want to overpay for any position so they laid out what they would pay Albert and said "that's it"

Why?

Because they already knew their pick was gonna be Joeckel...the player they see as the BPA in the draft.

ptlyon 04-23-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9617047)
If Smith plays well and get the team to the playoffs, how did we get taken?

If youre referring to Alex, Phobia has a better chance at getting pregnant.

OnTheWarpath15 04-23-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

If Smith plays well and get the team to the playoffs, how did we get taken? Point is, we dont know if we got taken yet or not.

Sad that to some (most) fans, just getting to the playoffs defines success.

Discuss Thrower 04-23-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

He has to take KC to the conference championship, especially if they deal Albert to pick up Jekyll.

Anything short of that is failure.

Marcellus 04-23-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9617016)
What CP wanted them to do is not repeat the mistakes of the past...

You are pretty correct about this Rausch here is the difference in my mind.

You and Clanus and others are running around here flipping out because you think your fears of what will happen are actual fact and basically have already occurred. You are making all of these statements and arguments as if all of the things you think could go wrong have already happened and we are sitting here at 8-8 headed into the 2016 draft.

I have fears that Alex Smith may bomb, those fears aren't any worse than what my fears would be if Geno Smith was drafted and bombed.

To some of you it would be fine if Geno bombed because we drafted him.
Thing is Dorsey and Reid don't give a shit about that because they have no reason to be concerned with whether we drafted our QB or not.

They just want to win, contrary to CP's belief.

There are people recently arguing that Sanchez may have succeeded here. LMAO

WTF does that tell you about what CP wants? They want a drafted QB and nothing less will make anyone happy.

patteeu 04-23-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9617079)

It's even sadder that some fans can find no happiness in anything short of a Super Bowl victory (and it remains to be seen whether they can find happiness in that).

Kidd Lex 04-23-2013 12:28 PM

Must every thread disseminate into an Alex Smith debate? I need to stick to GoT & female teacher rape threads I guess.

Marcellus 04-23-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9617079)

I think we all know we need playoff wins. Whats your criteria for success?

keg in kc 04-23-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Let's say you really want a twinkie.

A guy three doors down has the only one left for miles around, and you offer him 20 bucks for it sight unseen. He agrees with a smile and you make your swap. Turns out it's smashed up and expired 4 years ago, but, eh, it's a twinkie, so you really can't tell a difference.

Later that afternoon you're talking to another neighbor and he asks asks you why you paid so much, first 'cause it was just a twinkie and who the hell would pay $20 for one of those, and then 'cause last he heard Junior was only asking 2.50 for it. So...did you get taken, or should you just be happy that you got your twinkie fix?

OnTheWarpath15 04-23-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9617085)
I think we all know we need playoff wins. Whats your criteria for success?

When you make win now moves, you better win now.

I think it's been pretty clear the last 6+ years on this board that expectations are tempered if you're breaking in a franchise QB.

No excuses for another 30 year old, 7-8 year veteran.