ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Palmer: A closer look at four years of ***** draft busts with the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269502)

PaulAllen 01-30-2013 06:37 PM

Simply put, who did Scott hit on besides Berry (no brainer) and Houston (complete luck)?

And to say trading for Cassel was a good risk is laughable.

J Diddy 01-30-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9365808)
Simply put, who did Scott hit on besides Berry (no brainer) and Houston (complete luck)?

And to say trading for Cassel was a good risk is laughable.

Houston wasn't a luck pick, it was a balls pick. Some had Houston going into the 1st round until his marijuana episode. Pioli just had the balls to pick him first.

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9365799)
The Asamoah pick was fine. Decker's JAG anyway.

Decker was a playmaker with Tebow and a pretty awesome WR with Manning, which is what anyone with some talent should be.

He's about as good as Dwayne Bowe in my eyes. Maybe a bit worse, but a very talented WR.

PaulAllen 01-30-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9365812)
Houston wasn't a luck pick, it was a balls pick. Some had Houston going into the 1st round until his marijuana episode. ***** just had the balls to pick him first.

Everybody knew Houston had first round skills. It was pure luck he fell that far.

jspchief 01-30-2013 07:55 PM

While the "who he should have drafted" part of the article is hard to take seriously, the overall theme of the article is still sound. Pioli did a terrible job drafting, and Reid will pay the price when has to find starters because of it. This team was never solid enough to be using high picks on luxury selections like McCluster and Arenas.

CaliforniaChief 01-30-2013 08:01 PM

Yeah, I think it's more valid to take each pick as they are, not who went after them. And with that said, you can accurately judge him on not getting a playmaker with the #3 pick and grabbing a 5 tech DE, spending a 2nd rounder and $63 million on a busted QB, and missing on both of his head coaches. Everything else is pretty much a co-morbidity.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9365818)
Everybody knew Houston had first round skills. It was pure luck he fell that far.

Not luck at all. He's a pothead.

PaulAllen 01-30-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9366093)
Not luck at all. He's a pothead.

Lucky for us. I say we give every first rounder a joint.

Easy 6 01-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9366024)
This team was never solid enough to be using high picks on luxury selections like McCluster and Arenas.

Truth.

rocknrolla 01-30-2013 09:49 PM

“You’ve got to draft well,” Reid said. “I don’t think you build your team in free agency. That’s not how you go about it, and I’ve experienced that. I’ve seen that firsthand. You can afford to bring a guy in here or there (through free agency), but you better have that nucleus of guys you raised up.”

Its great to have a coach that admits and learned from his mistakes.

2bikemike 01-30-2013 10:56 PM

Nothing like reliving the ineptness of the front office. :toast: Heres to hoping the new regime gets it right.

RunKC 01-30-2013 11:01 PM

I still remember yelling "**** you Pioli" when we drafted Javier Arenas at 50.

Why the **** would anybody draft a non-starter with a top 50 pick? The guy can't play on the outside. Only nickel.

And I'll defend a couple of Pioli picks here. Asamoah was a solid pick and I still think Hudson will be a good OL for years to come.

Sorter 01-30-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9366552)
I still remember yelling "**** you *****" when we drafted Javier Arenas at 50.

Why the **** would anybody draft a non-starter with a top 50 pick? The guy can't play on the outside. Only nickel.

And I'll defend a couple of ***** picks here. Asamoah was a solid pick and I still think Hudson will be a good OL for years to come.

With the way the league is now, your nickel/3rd corner plays enough snaps and is important enough to be considered a starter imo. Pioli just ****ed up and drafted a poor one.

KCrockaholic 01-30-2013 11:38 PM

The star has lost all creativity.

mcaj22 01-30-2013 11:47 PM

i clicked this thread hoping to see

Chiefs selected: Jon Baldwin, WR
Could have had: anyone else, anyone at all

i am disappoint