ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Would you be okay with ONE MORE year of this bullshit for Manziel and/or picks? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267805)

O.city 12-18-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9221830)
I've said it before, but: I lean towards drafting Smith this year. I don't expect a Luck to emerge miraculously next year. This was just pondering. I'm fine with the responses thus far; I kind of expected it.

To address your question about who would draft up: NY Jets. Don't underestimate the persuasive force of ESPN. They are not just journalists anymore, considering the vested interest they have in the New York market. People who have defected from "the mothership"- Dan Patrick being the most notable- will tell you that there are concerted efforts by management to affect change in cities that carry a significant viewing market, to improve ratings.

Alternatively, Philly. That fanbase, and the local media, are savage. Public outcry and pressure can force a GMs hand. Again, to be fair, there's a lot of public outcry here, so it is somewhat similar. But nothing close to what it can be/ already is in Philly

The reason the tradeback for the Rams was so great last year, was because they already had a QB and needed to build around him.

Thats where you start. It's not intelligent to think otherwise at this point.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9221838)
:(

Those one who sucks the peniss already have us in the top 5 AGAIN next year.

I'd be willing to tank again to be able to pair Chocolate Pain with Marqise Lee.

JIMP. Way JIMP.

Chief Roundup 12-18-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9221727)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

"ONE MORE year..."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

How many years have you been saying "next year?"

Almost as long as the Cubs fans have been saying that shit.

Demonpenz 12-18-2012 03:35 PM

We need another year like this one like Aaliyah needs another suitcase in her plane.

Stanley Nickels 12-18-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9221827)
No way. This is the most important position in sports and ours is currently occupied by clowns. We have a chance to take the best available one in the entire 2013 class.

We'd be fools to pass on it that.

I think this is the trump card. If you fail on this pick-- it's not likely, but always possible-- you'll be in position in 2014 or 2015 to do it again.

It's a weak argument to say that I truly have no opinion on the matter, because there's no accountability to my point if I can dismiss it as simply a musing, but this truly was just a request for feedback.

Stanley Nickels 12-18-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9221850)
I'd be willing to tank again to be able to pair Chocolate Pain with Marqise Lee.

JIMP. Way JIMP.

That's how WalterFootball has it at present. Lee is incredible.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9221733)
That's fine. I agree with you, to an extent. The thread was mostly to entertain the idea, but I'd probably say "stop relying on the future and focus on the present". Which, ironically, is the opposite of what most posters on here thought of the Royals' trade for Shields.

The thought I had is, if NYJ have immense public pressure to draft a QB this year, they'll likely need to move up (even though that'll mark the second time in four years they'll have done that) and we could stand to reap significant benefits, and there is no single "absolute, can't miss" QB prospect in this year's class.

Tell me about all these players we could draft with those picks.

We'd be getting a Rams-type deal for this pick, right? For this valuable pick that (supposedly) no NFL team wants.

The NFL isn't ****ing Madden.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221847)
The reason the tradeback for the Rams was so great last year, was because they already had a QB and needed to build around him.

Thats where you start. It's not intelligent to think otherwise at this point.

And even then, they may have been wrong to do what they did.

Honestly - wouldn't they have been better off trading Bradford to the Chiefs for their 2nd rounder and using their first on RGIII?

I guess we won't truly know for several more years, but the charge that RGIII has brought to the Washington fanbase would have been huge for the Rams.

You don't !@#$ around with the QB position in this league.

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 03:41 PM

Manziel is Tebow 2.0

No thanks.

ndws 12-18-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9221828)
fixatedwithdraftingmidgets.com

It was a play on the big WBC discussion in another thread

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 03:44 PM

This question would actually make a ton of sense next season.

If you're sitting there holding #1 overall with a glaring need at QB and Aaron Murray is the best on the board....along with Jadeveon Clowney. "Do you go through another year of this bullshit" in order to take Clowney over the QB?

Then, and only then, is it worth discussing. You have a legitimate ass-kicker in Clowney that can have almost as significant an impact as a QB could. And you don't have even a Geno Smith available.

Then you take the DE and worry about QB later. But this damn sure isn't the year for it.

bevischief 12-18-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9221805)
Will do, champ. I apologize for entertaining a thought by asking for feedback.

Draft planet would have been a better place to bring this up than the Lounge.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9221874)
Manziel is Tebow 2.0

No thanks.

Except for the fact that Manziel is small enough to ride on Tebow's back like Master Blaster...

Yeah, Tebow 2.0.

Stanley Nickels 12-18-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9221889)
Draft planet would have been a better place to bring this up than the Lounge.

Fair point. My bad.

FlaChief58 12-18-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221897)
Except for the fact that Manziel is small enough to ride on Tebow's back like Master Blaster...

Yeah, Tebow 2.0.

ROFL