ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Welp...Laid Off Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281829)

Dayze 02-28-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10459496)
What line of work were you in?

wireless.
I was a project coordinator. the company I worked for was a partner with Sprint/Ericsson/Samsung. Coordinating field teams to insert new routers into BTS cabinets on cell sites; getting new hybrid coax and network vision antennas onto towers. Decommissioning and removal of legacy equipment. Microwave connectivity checks. Fiber insertion and fiber testing. Migrating customer traffic off old 3G equipment, and onto the new NV equipment. Worked with local market managers, construction managers, and Sprint RF.

I ran a few markets; Chicago, Pennsylvania (Rochester, Buffalo,) and Wisconsin. Probably coordinated over 2500 sites. once those completed, I worked in tandem with another coordinator to tackle Ohio (Columbus, Cincinatti)

I've had probably 5 years in the past as a Project Controller (running the financial health of projects).

Dayze 02-28-2014 05:51 PM

thanks for the thoughts and mojo all.

Rain Man 02-28-2014 05:52 PM

For some reason I always envisioned you as running one of those big dinosaur cranes on the Flintstones. Don't know why.

Dayze 02-28-2014 05:56 PM

that's the job I did right out of high school.

KCUnited 02-28-2014 05:57 PM

Sorry to hear that, Dayze. They're going on at my work as I type. Best of luck to you.

Rain Man 02-28-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10459528)
that's the job I did right out of high school.

Yeah, those dinosaur crane jobs are going away.

It seems like your new skill set would be in demand given its specialization. Hopefully that means a short gap between paychecks.

RunKC 02-28-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10459516)
wireless.
I was a project coordinator. the company I worked for was a partner with Sprint/Ericsson/Samsung. Coordinating field teams to insert new routers into BTS cabinets on cell sites; getting new hybrid coax and network vision antennas onto towers. Decommissioning and removal of legacy equipment. Microwave connectivity checks. Fiber insertion and fiber testing. Migrating customer traffic off old 3G equipment, and onto the new NV equipment. Worked with local market managers, construction managers, and Sprint RF.

I ran a few markets; Chicago, Pennsylvania (Rochester, Buffalo,) and Wisconsin. Probably coordinated over 2500 sites. once those completed, I worked in tandem with another coordinator to tackle Ohio (Columbus, Cincinatti)

I've had probably 5 years in the past as a Project Controller (running the financial health of projects).

Do you have your CAPM or PMP? Bc those will help

Donger 02-28-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10459516)
wireless.

Sounds like you should give Black & Veatch a call. They do a bunch of cellular/telecom stuff out of their offices in Corporate Woods.

* unless that is who you worked for *

KCrockaholic 02-28-2014 06:04 PM

Dang. Good stuff. Just curious if it was anything close to Water related stuff. I'm always looking to help people out to get in with my company. Well, people that I actually think could be worth a shit anyways.

In58men 02-28-2014 06:06 PM

You'll find something, everything happens for reason.

Bugeater 02-28-2014 06:07 PM

Sorry to hear this man. You're still better off than Jeremy Maclin though, he has to make $6 last for an entire year.

Dayze 02-28-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10459543)
Sounds like you should give Black & Veatch a call. They do a bunch of cellular/telecom stuff out of their offices in Corporate Woods.

* unless that is who you worked for *

I worked there in that building on a Sprint project for 3 years as a Project Controller from 05 to 08; so yeah, they're always into projects like that.

Dayze 02-28-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10459537)
Do you have your CAPM or PMP? Bc those will help

no; because I don't have a 4 year degree, I needed 8 years of experience for the PMP; which I probably now have (8 yrs experience in PM etc).

you're right, that definitely helps.

booger 02-28-2014 06:14 PM

Sorry to hear this dude. Keep your chin up :thumb:

Dayze 02-28-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10459545)
Dang. Good stuff. Just curious if it was anything close to Water related stuff. I'm always looking to help people out to get in with my company. Well, people that I actually think could be worth a shit anyways.

I worked for a local environmental company as a controller for 3 years; soil studies, water studies etc. But, that lasted 3 years then they didn't get the big contract they were anticipating from the EPA and had to make cuts etc.