ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favorites (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269516)

MagicHef 05-13-2013 06:29 PM

Wait... Dawn has to apologize to Brenda for voting her off (a strategic move that was clearly her best move for advancing in the game) but Brenda doesn't have to apologize for forcing Dawn to take out her teeth (a revenge move simply to humiliate Dawn that obviously did not benefit Brenda, since she wasn't in the game any more)?

Also, has there ever been anyone more bitter than Brenda?

Chiefnj2 05-14-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9678902)
thank GOD she didn't win!
I gagged when she went running to cochran when he won that last competition. those faces she was always making....bleh....

also, glad Brandon wasn't on the reunion show. what a waste of flesh.

I think some people on the jury were up in the air between Dawn and Cochran and when Malcolm first spoke and told her he was trying to help her - he was being sincere. I think the jury wanted Dawn to own up to the fact that she was playing a game and put aside her so called morals to do so. They wanted her to be 100% honest and she couldn't just come clean. Her argument, which she didn't do a good job of making was that she and Cochran played the exact same game except she was the one who got dirty doing it while Cochran sat in the background and reaped the benefits.

OmahaChief 05-14-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9679523)
Wait... Dawn has to apologize to Brenda for voting her off (a strategic move that was clearly her best move for advancing in the game) but Brenda doesn't have to apologize for forcing Dawn to take out her teeth (a revenge move simply to humiliate Dawn that obviously did not benefit Brenda, since she wasn't in the game any more)?

Yes. Susan on the first season of was the most bitter of all.

Buck 05-14-2013 08:57 AM

Did Cochran get all 9 jury votes? Jeff only read off the first 5 because it was enough.

MagicHef 05-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9681155)
Did Cochran get all 9 jury votes? Jeff only read off the first 5 because it was enough.

Yep, only the 3rd unanimous winner.

Buck 05-14-2013 09:02 AM

The file I watched of the reunion was corrupt and I only got to the part where that little girl w/ braces was talking about Malcolm. Is there any reason to find a new file and watch the last 10 min or so w/ the non-jury members? Do they even appear?

MagicHef 05-14-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9681165)
The file I watched of the reunion was corrupt and I only got to the part where that little girl w/ braces was talking about Malcolm. Is there any reason to find a new file and watch the last 10 min or so w/ the non-jury members? Do they even appear?

No. No one that wasn't on the jury spoke at all. Neither did Sherri. They basically spent the whole time with poor, poor Brenda. Fairly ridiculous that 3 people that weren't on this season all got more screentime than one of the final 3.

frankotank 05-14-2013 10:36 AM

sherri just crapped the bed man. she got nervous and scared and seemingly forgot what she was going to say. she could have pointed out her leading the charge to dismantle the two couples....and she didn't even mention it. not that it would have helped her much.

Lex Luthor 05-14-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9679523)

I guess I missed the part where Brenda "forced" Dawn to take out her teeth. Did she wrestle her to the ground and yank the teeth out herself, or did she pull a knife on Dawn and threaten to slice her up if she didn't take those teeth out?

The only thing Brenda did wrong was to be a little too gullible. She was stupid enough to think that the woman she saved from having numerous emotional breakdowns would actually be honest with her.

Lex Luthor 05-14-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9681418)
sherri just crapped the bed man. she got nervous and scared and seemingly forgot what she was going to say. she could have pointed out her leading the charge to dismantle the two couples....and she didn't even mention it. not that it would have helped her much.

And yet Sherry's best moment was when Erick tried to bully her and she told firmly him to go sit down, and he did. If she had shown that much chutzpah earlier in the game, she wouldn't have been mocked and ridiculed at the end.

Bump 05-14-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9681652)
And yet Sherry's best moment was when Erick tried to bully her and she told firmly him to go sit down, and he did. If she had shown that much chutzpah earlier in the game, she wouldn't have been mocked and ridiculed at the end.

ya she pwned that dude

Fairplay 05-14-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9681365)
They basically spent the whole time with poor, poor Brenda. Fairly ridiculous that 3 people that weren't on this season all got more screentime than one of the final 3.

Brendas hot let's cut her some slack. ;)

MagicHef 05-14-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9681648)
I guess I missed the part where Brenda "forced" Dawn to take out her teeth. Did she wrestle her to the ground and yank the teeth out herself, or did she pull a knife on Dawn and threaten to slice her up if she didn't take those teeth out?

The only thing Brenda did wrong was to be a little too gullible. She was stupid enough to think that the woman she saved from having numerous emotional breakdowns would actually be honest with her.

Force - verb - to compel to do something

I didn't say physically force.

Anyway, why should Dawn apologize if Brenda doesn't need to? One was a back-stabbing strategic move the likes of which we've seen a hundred times on Survivor, the other was revenge that served no purpose other than to humiliate.

Lex Luthor 05-15-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9681743)
Force - verb - to compel to do something

I didn't say physically force.

Anyway, why should Dawn apologize if Brenda doesn't need to? One was a back-stabbing strategic move the likes of which we've seen a hundred times on Survivor, the other was revenge that served no purpose other than to humiliate.

Nobody can force you to do anything by simply saying "take out your teeth". All Dawn had to say was "I'm not going to do it. Drop it." No humiliation in saying that.

I'm guessing that if Dawn had offered up a sincere apology on the reunion show, Brenda probably would have too. But Dawn's "apology" was the equivalent of "I'm sorry your tender little feelings were hurt. Thanks for being there when I was an emotional wreck, but the fact is that I never gave a shit about you, so get over it".

MagicHef 05-15-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9684107)
All Dawn had to say was "I'm not going to take my teeth out. Drop it." No humiliation in saying that.

I'm guessing that if Dawn had offered up a sincere apology on the reunion show, Brenda probably would have too. But Dawn's "apology" was the equivalent of "I'm sorry your tender little feelings were hurt. Thanks for being there when I was an emotional wreck, but I never gave a shit about you, so get over it".

I was a little upset that Dawn apologized as much as she did. I wish she had said, "I made a strategic move to better my position in the game. I'm not going to give up a shot at winning to protect Brenda's feelings."

Honestly how stupid is Brenda? She really believed that everyone would just offer her a spot in the final 3 because she gave them the family visit? She was so upset that they lied to her just one vote after she did the exact same thing to Andrea.

Another thing that no one mentions is how Brenda completely screwed Dawn over for nothing but her own benefit when she took the family visit away from Dawn to curry favor with the rest of the players.