ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football First openly gay NFL player to come out soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271468)

Deberg_1990 03-26-2013 06:51 AM

First openly gay NFL player to come out soon?

Would this really be that big a deal anymore??

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...er-to-come-out

Former NFL player Scott Fujita has seen enough. He's tired of the bigotry. He wants it to end. He's not alone.

Players like Fujita, along with a coalition of current and former NFL players, and NFL team owners, a music mogul and others, are working diligently to create a safe atmosphere for the day history will happen: when an openly gay man will be a member of an NFL club. People like Fujita -- brave people -- are attempting to make the issue a non-issue for when that day comes.

And there are serious indications that day may come sooner than later. While I've long believed I would not see an openly gay NFL player for decades, that might be wrong.

Based on interviews over the past several weeks with current and former players, I'm told that a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly within the next few months -- and after doing so, the player would attempt to continue his career.

I'm told this player feels the time is now for someone to take this step -- despite homophobic remarks from San Francisco 49ers defensive back Chris Culliver and the controversy arising recently at the Indianapolis Scouting combine, when prospects were asked questions about their sexuality.

This player's true concern, I'm told, is not the reaction inside an NFL locker room but outside of it. The player fears he will suffer serious harm from homophobic fans, and that is the only thing preventing him from coming out. My sources will not say who this alleged player is.

There has never been an active openly gay player in a major American team sport, but the information I've gathered on the player in question comes from several current and former players.

"I honestly think the players of the NFL have been ready for an openly gay player for quite some time now," said Fujita, a free agent linebacker who has played for the Chiefs, Cowboys, Saints and Browns. "Trust me, the coming out of a player would create much bigger waves outside the locker room than inside. The way I've seen the conversation around LGBT issues evolve, especially in the past few years, has been encouraging. Guys are more accepting than they used to be. Even those who raise personal objections to homosexuality, some of whom are good friends of mine, would still be able to coexist and accept a gay teammate."

Over the past few days there's been a flurry of activity on the issue including a brief filed by Fujita and others in support of a marriage equality case before the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear oral arguments on California's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage. Opponents of the proposition say it discriminates against gay men and women.

To Fujita and others, this is an important case that could have ramifications in the NFL. If the Supreme Court overturns Proposition 8, it would send yet another signal to closeted gay NFL players that the environment is changing for the better.

The brief's supporters are impressive. They include: Giants co-owner Steve Tisch; Demaurice Smith, executive director of the NFLPA; Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo; Marie Tillman, co-founder of the Pat Tillman Foundation; Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam Records; former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans; Browns center Alex Mack; and NFL players Connor Barwin, D'Qwell Jackson, Tom Crabtree, Eric Winston and Scott Shanle, among others.

There is a feeling among people who have fought this battle for years that a corner is about to be turned. I don't know. While my faith in humanity remains tepid, it's balanced by my faith in people like Fujita.

Demonpenz 03-26-2013 06:53 AM

Oral

Marco Polo 03-26-2013 06:57 AM

Not to turn this into a DC thread, but it shouldn't matter. I'll take a gay elite QB over a straight marginal QB any day on my team.

Demonpenz 03-26-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9529896)
Not to turn this into a DC thread, but it shouldn't matter. I'll take a gay elite QB over a straight marginal QB any day on my team.

how would he ever throw with all that leather on?

Ceej 03-26-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

If I am the center I hope the offense is shotgun based only.

Bugeater 03-26-2013 07:11 AM

Tebow.

CoMoChief 03-26-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9529913)
Tebow.

I would hope not only for the reason that I'm sick n tired of hearing about Tebow.

If he came out gay, then we'd never hear the end of Tebow.

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 07:14 AM

Could it have been easier on Cassel if he had come out?

Deberg_1990 03-26-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

I'll take a gay elite QB over a straight marginal QB any day on my team.

I dont consider Phillip Rivers elite.

Dayze 03-26-2013 07:20 AM

Clay plays football?

Chiefshrink 03-26-2013 07:23 AM

NFL is trying to prepare a soft landing for Manti and continue it's political progressive march for political correctness as it continues to ruin the game making it softer with all the rule changes and making sure those players who enjoy being around naked cock in the locker room feel comfortable:rolleyes:

Dayze 03-26-2013 07:26 AM

he'll most assuredly lead with the head.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 07:30 AM

I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

Chiefshrink 03-26-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9529936)
he'll most assuredly lead with his head.

You just lit the fire for all the TE jokes coming.

suds79 03-26-2013 07:35 AM

I have an announcement to make.... (standing up on my soap box)

"I'm straight. Thank you."

What's the relevancy here? We all care the same about my announcement as to a NFL player being gay.

Seriously who cares? My reaction would be "Okay. That's fine. Why are you telling me this?"

Might as well tell me if you like turtles while you're at it.

Tribal Warfare 03-26-2013 07:38 AM

seriously, tolerance won't mean shit in the locker room unless it's in their contract and/or they'll get fined. It's just how it is, you can't change someone's personal opinion on this issue.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 07:45 AM

I've never understood why anyone would care either way unless he tried to grab your pecker or some shit. The pat on the butt may turn from male bonding to creepy though.

tooge 03-26-2013 07:56 AM

If the guy can play football, I don't care if he's gay or not, I want him on my team. If he sucks (at football), then I don't want him on my team. Very simple.

Anyone who feels differently is ignorant. People are born gay and don't have any control over it. People who are ignorant are born ignorant and don't have any control over it.

I hope whoever the guy is that comes out is a well known player and not some practice squad guy.

tooge 03-26-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9529936)
he'll most assuredly lead with his head.

too funny. Rep.

MahiMike 03-26-2013 07:58 AM

Here's my take on bundle of stickss on teams. Why is it ok for these guys to be in the same locker room/shower as other guys? I mean, if this is ok then why can't straight guys go into women's locker rooms/showers?

It ain't fair!

Tribal Warfare 03-26-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9529967)
If the guy can play football, I don't care if he's gay or not, I want him on my team. If he sucks (at football), then I don't want him on my team. Very simple.

Anyone who feels differently is ignorant. People are born gay and don't have any control over it. People who are ignorant are born ignorant and don't have any control over it.

I hope whoever the guy is that comes out is a well known player and not some practice squad guy.

Not me, but a lot believe differently, and ( not to put into D.C. forum context) It's hardwired into religion.

Jerm 03-26-2013 08:02 AM

When the Te'o story broke, Mike Freeman went on Twitter and heavily insinuated he was gay and it was a cover up...wonder if that's the case. Why else would whoever this is wait a few months?

OrlandoChief 03-26-2013 08:04 AM

Thought the Winston cut was financial,,,, but this makes more sense.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9529970)
Here's my take on pillowbiters on teams. Why is it ok for these guys to be in the same locker room/shower as other guys? I mean, if this is ok then why can't straight guys go into women's locker rooms/showers?

It ain't fair!

You're joking, but it's a fair point you stumbled across. As you see, "sexual harassment" has been discussed ad nauseam by the feminists for the past 50 years in America. Workplace agression! Sue everybody! On and on and on....lawsuit after lawsuit. Those gawd damn caveman males keep reverting to knuckle dragging and sexual prowess.

It's just who men are: pigs.

But these same people turn right around and demand - not ask but demand - that a gay guy be brought into the showering areas of a football team. That the male instincts - so obvious and so commonplace when sexually attacking women in the workplace - suddenly disappears completely when it's a GAY guy. (We only harass when we are straight apparently)

Truly amazing.

HoneyBadger 03-26-2013 08:07 AM

This will lead to a thread being created about the use of the word "gay" and how it is highly offensive so we should stop using it.

KCUnited 03-26-2013 08:13 AM

That Browns uni could use a little sprucing.

Chiefshrink 03-26-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9529939)
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

But you see you are the '****ing moron' NOW in our political correct progressive society,according too many on this board :rolleyes:

But I agree with you. You are going to tell me that a cute heterosexual college softball chick who plays with half of her team that are lesbians actually feels comfortable in the showers and doesn't feel like she is being looked on as a potentially new strap on victim:rolleyes:

I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.

Understand that the term "homophobia" is a made up phony clinical term by the political left made to look legit listing it in the DSM of mental health in order to continue the assault on our Judeo/Christian values of our culture.

Bottom line: IT IS NORMAL to feel 'uncomfortable' around homosexuals of your same sex in the shower BUT the progressive politically correct will always tell you otherwise:rolleyes:

Prison Bitch, MahiMike, even PGM hints at uncomfortableness, but guys it IS NORMAL to feel this way and you ARE NOT WRONG FOR FEELING THIS WAY:thumb:

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9529977)
You're joking, but it's a fair point you stumbled across. As you see, "sexual harassment" has been discussed ad nauseam by the feminists for the past 50 years in America. Workplace agression! Sue everybody! On and on and on....lawsuit after lawsuit. Those gawd damn caveman males keep reverting to knuckle dragging and sexual prowess.

But these same people turn right around and demand - not ask but demand - that a gay guy be brought into the showering areas of a football team. That the male instincts - so obvious and so commonplace when sexually attacking women in the workplace - suddenly disappears completely when it's a GAY guy. (We only harass when we are straight apparently)

Truly amazing.

:rolleyes:

I am sure every gay guy in the locker room is wandering around grabbing everyone's junk and asking for BJs.

Fritz88 03-26-2013 08:19 AM

Probably some no name special teamer who wants to make history.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens when he comes out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink 03-26-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9529977)

Truly amazing.

Progressive Marxist Politically Correct Lefty Dems !! Don't ya Love'EM ???:rolleyes:

MTG#10 03-26-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a fukkking moron.

Racist

Chiefshrink 03-26-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9530006)
Racist

Race has nothing to do with sexual preference. You are a 'DUNCE' !

loochy 03-26-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9530011)

Did you look at his quote? That one flew right past you...

loochy 03-26-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9529998)
:rolleyes:

I am sure every gay guy in the locker room is wandering around grabbing everyone's junk and asking for BJs.

If I was a dude in a locker room full of women that's what I'd be doing.

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530018)

It's strange how every straight guy wants to rape a chick, yet every gay guy is harmless as a lamb. Double standard?

Discuss Thrower 03-26-2013 08:31 AM

My money's on Eric Winston.

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9530024)

Thickening, jus' Thickening.

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530018)

If the locker room was your place of work, then that would be sexual harrassment.

Frazod 03-26-2013 08:35 AM

God I'm sick of hearing about this shit.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9529997)
But you see you are the '****ing moron' NOW in our political correct progressive society,according too many on this board :rolleyes:

But I agree with you. You are going to tell me that a cute heterosexual college softball chick who plays with half of her team that are lesbians actually feels comfortable in the showers and doesn't feel like she is being looked on as a potentially new strap on victim:rolleyes:

I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.

Understand that the term "homophobia" is a made up phony clinical term by the political left made to look legit listing it in the DSM of mental health in order to continue the assault on our Judeo/Christian values of our culture.

Bottom line: IT IS NORMAL to feel 'uncomfortable' around homosexuals of your same sex in the shower BUT the progressive politically correct will always tell you otherwise:rolleyes:

Prison Bitch, MahiMike, even PGM hints at uncomfortableness, but guys it IS NORMAL to feel this way and you ARE NOT WRONG FOR FEELING THIS WAY:thumb:

Lol, I wouldn't care. I'm a nevernude anyway :thumb:

Brock 03-26-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

What is it like to be such a scared puss?

KCUnited 03-26-2013 08:37 AM

Shouldn't be an issue, butt sects of people are really ignorant.

Sully 03-26-2013 08:37 AM

Hilarious.
"I don't want an openly gay guy in my lockerroom, because he might look at my coin purse!"
As opposed to
"I want him to stay closeted, because then he won't look at my...
Oh...
Never mind."

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9530026)
If the locker room was your place of work, then that would be sexual harrassment.

It should not be, equal rights man.

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Someone didn't learn their greek roots in middle school.

WV 03-26-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9530024)

He does have a purty mouth on him.

ndws 03-26-2013 08:40 AM

I guess this is why they're called wide receivers.

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9530040)
I guess this is why they're called wide receivers.

Tight Ends?

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9530035)
Shouldn't be an issue, butt sects of people are really ignorant.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/27957439.jpg

Sully 03-26-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

:

This would be a lot more convincing if it wasn't part of a 5+ paragraph post fantasizing, I mean describing, why we should all be afraid of gays in a lockerroom.

ndws 03-26-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9530041)
Tight Ends?

I'm guessing thats how they get their start?

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:44 AM

Coaches new rallying cry...

"Let's win one for the cock sucker!"

ndws 03-26-2013 08:47 AM

Look for the one center who NEVER wants to line up in shotgun or pistol.

lcarus 03-26-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9530020)
It's strange how every straight guy wants to rape a chick, yet every gay guy is harmless as a lamb. Double standard?

I know right?! What's up with that.

http://knappy-head.com/blog/wp-conte...3/newsweek.jpg

tooge 03-26-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

this post makes a lot of sense coming from a guy that goes by "prison bitch".

Just because you took it in the ass in prison doesn't mean a gay guy would want to even touch you. They'd probably find you gross.

journeyscarab 03-26-2013 08:55 AM

I'm so sick of hearing about everyone's sexual preferences. Whatever happened to just keep it to yourself and do your job? I - don't - care and you cannot make me care.

Deberg_1990 03-26-2013 08:56 AM

If you have ever showered in a common/public locker room (Im assuming we all have at one time or another) then chances are good there was at least one gay guy in there. and yet somehow all of us straight guys managed to make it out without getting raped? amazing.

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9530084)
If you have ever showered in a common/public locker room (Im assuming we all have at one time or another) then chances are good there was at least one gay guy in there. and yet somehow all of us straight guys managed to make it out without getting raped? amazing.

Some dude took pics of your junk and it's all over tha intrawebz!!!!!!

Discuss Thrower 03-26-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Gay guys can be a great asset to a chapter; they tend to bring girls around.

RealSNR 03-26-2013 08:57 AM

IT'S MATT CASSEL YOU ****ING MORONS

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9530087)

Then I would prefer to shower with their Assets not their asses.

tooge 03-26-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

agreed. I am also uncomfortable sitting near morbidly obese people, people that are chain smoking, people with reeruned kids, etc. That doesn't mean they don't have the same rights as I do. The shower thing is interesting to say the least. I'm not gay, so I don't know how it works with gays and attraction. I don't automatically want to **** every chick I see, and I don't guess that the case would be any different with gays in a locker room.

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9530089)
IT'S MATT CASSEL YOU ****ING MORONS

Q

Page 1!

:D

MTG#10 03-26-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9530011)

You dont say? :hmmm:

Sully 03-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9530084)

That's the funny thing about all this. It's not about a gay guy in the NFL. It's about an openly gay guy, because if there's one thing we know, it's that if there's anyone more sexually aggressive than a gay guy, it's an openly gay guy!!!
They want to put it in every ass they see!!!

mikey23545 03-26-2013 09:05 AM

Might as well start up the Male Lingerie League now...

tooge 03-26-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9530109)
That's the funny thing about all this. It's not about a gay guy in the NFL. It's about an openly gay guy, because if there's one thing we know, it's that if there's anyone more sexually aggressive than a gay guy, it's an openly gay guy!!!
They want to put it in every ass they see!!!

Bingo. Here's the crux of the issue. Its known that there are already gay men playing in the NFL, and there have been for years. So, you wanna KNOW if the guys in your shower are gay or just guess?

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9530004)
Progressive Marxist Politically Correct Lefty Dems !! Don't ya Love'EM ???:rolleyes:

yes, they are awesome. :shake:

It will be interesting to see hoe the left handles the first openly gay man. He'll have to undergo major sexual harassment training and senstiivity classes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2013 09:10 AM

Good for Peyton. You go girl!
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy 03-26-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9530087)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HiNXjs3idgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan 03-26-2013 09:11 AM

Peyton manning wont come out and risk his Image-lol

kcjayhawks5 03-26-2013 09:17 AM

Peyton Manning

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

I'm really hoping your handle is an allusion to the Chiefs' playoff performance over the past 20 years, and that you're not an actual psychologist(/iatrist). Unless you "earned" your degree from U. of Phoenix Online, there's no way a psychology professional could ever be this dense. I refuse to believe that.

Rain Man 03-26-2013 09:19 AM

Looking at some of the comments in here, I would reluctantly offer an observation. What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive? Most women don't find me attractive, so I have to think the same dynamic would be at play with men.

On the NFL question, I don't necessarily see a player as being in "danger" from homophobic fans or discrimination or anything like that. I see the biggest problem being that he works in a jungle with some of the meanest and most aggressive people on earth. Anything you reveal that can potentially be used to distract you or upset you on the field will be used. If he comes out, he can expect to get about 8,000 anti-gay comments per game from his opponents, and it's not really a gay thing. It's a competitive thing.

RyFo18 03-26-2013 09:20 AM

I know who it is.

loochy 03-26-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9530146)
What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive? Most women don't find me attractive, so I have to think the same dynamic would be at play with men.

It's the same reason that they think women would find them attractive even though they are old, not smart, balding, have a beer gut, and have hairy backs.

Quote:

On the NFL question, I don't necessarily see a player as being in "danger" from homophobic fans or discrimination or anything like that. I see the biggest problem being that he works in a jungle with some of the meanest and most aggressive people on earth. Anything you reveal that can potentially be used to distract you or upset you on the field will be used. If he comes out, he can expect to get about 8,000 anti-gay comments per game from his opponents, and it's not really a gay thing. It's a competitive thing.

word dawg

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9530122)
yes, they are awesome. :shake:

It will be interesting to see hoe the left handles the first openly gay man. He'll have to undergo major sexual harassment training and senstiivity classes.

Quit pigeonholing an entire political ideology into a neat package of convenient stereotypes; it's strawman bullshit for weak arguments. Sexual equality is not the same as hyper-liberal political correctness. Homosexuality is not as simple as "choice", whether you choose to believe it or not. Hyper-liberal political correctness is a choice. Quit grouping the two together simply because you disagree with both.

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive?

Very well put. I used to work at Apple with a number of gay men, and learned that homosexual attraction is no different than heterosexual attraction. Physical and emotional chemistry are just as necessary. The only difference is, the male sex drive doesn't change in homosexuals, so they're more likely to be sexually active. That doesn't mean they'll just **** anything, though.

Rain Man 03-26-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530155)

word dawg

[Fist bump.]

loochy 03-26-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9530163)
Very well put. I used to work at Apple with a number of gay men, and learned that homosexual attraction is no different than heterosexual attraction. Physical and emotional chemistry are just as necessary. The only difference is, the male sex drive doesn't change in homosexuals, so they're more likely to be sexually active. That doesn't mean they'll just **** anything, though.

this does not compute

guys go after anything