ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***OFFICIAL KU VS. OSU GAME THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270210)

ChiTown 02-20-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9418518)
Huh? Did you mean Smart?

Markel Brown is very good, but I think he means Marcus Smart

Braincase 02-20-2013 10:29 AM

If KU plays like they have the last two games, I think they'll be just fine at the end of the night. No back flips, but walking with a swagger.

WhawhaWhat 02-20-2013 10:35 AM

I am a Mizzou grad and fan, but I am really looking forward to this game. I really enjoy watching Ben McLemore and Marcus Smart play and I think the game tonight is going to be great in a great atmosphere.

Prison Bitch 02-20-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9418595)
Markel Brown is very good, but I think he means Marcus Smart

Yeah, I know he does. He's not a basketball fan though, he admitted.

Mr. Laz 02-20-2013 10:58 AM

what will KU do about OSU pulling Withey away from the basket?

Lzen 02-20-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9418496)
Any smart KU fan knows this is not a cake walk.

ROFL

Saul Good 02-20-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9418673)
Yeah, I know he does. He's not a basketball fan though, he admitted.

I'm a basketball fan. I'm just more of a football fan. That's not why I said Brown instead of Smart, though. That was just me not being very...um...smart.

kstater 02-20-2013 11:05 AM

Best wishes in joining the Cats atop the standings again.

Saul Good 02-20-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9418703)
what will KU do about OSU pulling Withey away from the basket?

What CAN you do, really? I spouse you can switch to zone if you're getting killed by it. OSU doesn't really have a big time post presence. You would think Withey would dominate, but he struggles on both sides of the ball when playing teams that play this style.

Pablo 02-20-2013 11:22 AM

This one should be fun. Just hope we get solid play from EJ and limit the number of easy shots Smart gets. Can't wait until 8. Rock Chalk!

Lzen 02-20-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

“From a competitive standpoint, we did find that sort of disrespectful,” said KU junior forward Justin Wesley. “At the end of the day, that was a good team. They did deserve the win. Hopefully we can keep the backflips from coming this time.”
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/f...ens_basketball

Mr. Laz 02-20-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9418737)
What CAN you do, really? I spouse you can switch to zone if you're getting killed by it. OSU doesn't really have a big time post presence. You would think Withey would dominate, but he struggles on both sides of the ball when playing teams that play this style.

zone defense off and on throughout the game

make sure you have withey on the worse outside shooter when not in zone

make them pay on the defense end(which means don't allow the 2 small guys to double Withey)

saphojunkie 02-20-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9418444)
This is a really interesting matchup. Looking forward to it.

Smart may be the best player in the country.

McLemore has the ability to be the best player in the country on any given night, but he hasn't even been the best player on his own team this year.

I can't wait to see who wins that matchup.

Uh... yes he has.

KC_Connection 02-20-2013 11:55 AM

I'm tired of this whining from some of the players about the back flip. If they didn't want the guy to do a back flip in celebration, they shouldn't have bitched out on their home court and let him walk all over them during that game. Smart can and should celebrate that win however he pleases, it was a big one.

saphojunkie 02-20-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9418479)
No but I refuse to bury my head in the sand and over look what happened at during that 3 game stretch...

Guess we will see tonight. But this isnt a cake walk for KU... They have to play flawless tonight in order to beat OSU...

Wow... flawless? We're really giving OSU that much credit here? Look, they're a good team, a really good team, but neither KU nor OSU has to play flawless to win. Chill out with the hyperbole.

OSU played damn near flawlessly - certainly Markel Brown did - last game. If you expect him to go off from three again you're putting a lot of faith in an action that is difficult to replicate.