ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Texas A&M LT Joeckel is coming out for draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268622)

htismaqe 01-08-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9296490)
Its not a good QB class. If you have the choice between drafting a Willie Roaf or a Christian Ponder with the no. 1 overall pick. What do you think the best choice is for the future of this franchise?

The "2nd Tier" aren't any different in many respects than the "first tier".

Luke Joeckel isn't Willie Roaf.

He isn't even Jake Long.

If Luke Joeckel is Willie Roaf then Geno Smith is Tom Brady.

Seriously, just stop. It's making you look stupid.

Deberg_1990 01-08-2013 01:49 PM

I think Joekel would "fit in well" with the Chiefs

Signed, Piolli

Molitoth 01-08-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Its not a good QB class. If you have the choice between drafting a Willie Roaf or a Christian Ponder with the no. 1 overall pick. What do you think the best choice is for the future of this franchise?

:spock::rolleyes::huh:

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Luke Joekel isn't Willie Roaf and Geno Smith isn't Christian Ponder.

I'll go ahead and be lukewarm on Geno and Wilson for the sake of comparison.

Which would make this a better football team next year: Jake Long or Jake Locker?

A) Locker/Albert
B) Alex Smith/Long

A seems like a no-brainer.

WildTurkey 01-08-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Joeckel is not even close to being Willie Roaf. IMO he's not even an improvement over Albert

tyton75 01-08-2013 01:57 PM

I love how the thought isn't even considered and I'm just blasted for coming up with a differing opinion.

While Geno was awesome against walk-over opponents, he was no better than average most of the year. Assuming he is the one that everyone here is SO desperate to draft no.1 OVERALL.

Wouldn't you think it might make a little sense to look around and see if we can find someone who was actually a stand out in their position in college?

htismaqe 01-08-2013 01:57 PM

So I turn on WHB and they're taking calls...

Caller #1: What if we take that tackle from Texas A&M and get a QB later? Maybe we could get Matt Barkley in the 2nd...

Caller #2: If we can get the 2010 Matt Cassel - 27 TDs, 7 INTs - I'll take it.

Caller #3: You're gonna think I'm nuts but why is nobody talking about Chase Daniel.

the Talking Can 01-08-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9296524)
I love how the thought isn't even considered and I'm just blasted for coming up with a differing opinion.

While Geno was awesome against walk-over opponents, he was no better than average most of the year. Assuming he is the one that everyone here is SO desperate to draft no.1 OVERALL.

Wouldn't you think it might make a little sense to look around and see if we can find someone who was actually a stand out in their position in college?

wouldn't it make sense to kill yourself?

sure would save us the time...

htismaqe 01-08-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

You weren't blasted for having a differing opinion. You were blasted for having a WRONG opinion.

It's always the same - Geno isn't Christian Ponder or Blaine Gabbert. But Luke Joeckel is the next Willie Roaf, Manti Te'o is the next Ray Lewis, and Jarvis Jones is the next Derrick Thomas.

It's ridiculous hyperbole and a blatant double standard.

WildTurkey 01-08-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

History has shown that when a #1 pick is used on anything other than a qb it usually doesn't work out. Long over Ryan is the most recent example.

AussieChiefsFan 01-08-2013 02:03 PM

Before it was Teo, now it's gonna be this guy.

htismaqe 01-08-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9296541)
History has shown that when a #1 pick is used on anything other than a qb it usually doesn't work out. Long over Ryan is the most recent example.

Forget Long over Ryan. Let's just look at Long.

Pretty solid for his first 4 seasons and then started tailing off. Has had a couple of nagging injuries and now the Dolphins are hinting at needing to replace him.

Even without Matt Rayn in the discussion, that pick was a DISASTER.

And Long was a superior prospect to Joeckel.

the Talking Can 01-08-2013 02:04 PM

anything but a QB

ABAQB

WildTurkey 01-08-2013 02:06 PM

Look at the remaining teams in the playoffs. The majority of the teams are built around a QB not a LT.

DaWolf 01-08-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9296528)
So I turn on WHB and they're taking calls...

Caller #1: What if we take that tackle from Texas A&M and get a QB later? Maybe we could get Matt Barkley in the 2nd...

Caller #2: If we can get the 2010 Matt Cassel - 27 TDs, 7 INTs - I'll take it.

Caller #3: You're gonna think I'm nuts but why is nobody talking about Chase Daniel.

There was a caller the other day who argued we should trade the #1 overall pick for Cousins... :shake: