ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In big win, Chiefs find a leader in Romeo Crennel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253947)

Hammock Parties 12-19-2011 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8218489)
Something happens in the NFL that has never happened before every season.

http://www.150.si.edu/150trav/remember/r1118a.jpg

Phobia 12-19-2011 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8218484)
Find me a 64-year old interim head coach who went on to win a SB.

If Crennel is our HC and actually wins a SB here it will shock everyone in the NFL. It would be unprecedented.

Sorry for being concerned when 50 years of NFL history says this won't work out.

And FYI, Dick was younger than Romeo when he won it.

50 years of NFL history says that a QB won't throw a TD in 41 consecutive games either. 50 years of NFL history says that nobody will touch Tom Dempsey's 63 yard FG.
Weeb Ewbank, Tom Coughlin, and Dick Vermeil all won SuperBowls in their 60's. Dick was 63ish when he won it with the Rams.

I'm not even certain I want Crennel coaching the Chiefs in 2012 yet but your thought process is ridiculous.

Holladay 12-19-2011 05:22 AM

Was thinking bout this today. Haley, wet behind the ears. No street cred. Saw the lil man (Pioli) during the Hunt and Poili presser (Poili looked whipped). Romeo told Poili who was gonna start at QB (no lap dog).

Romeo has been there done that, as a head coach (his record wasnt great...nor were his QB's).

The key here is that Romeo is older then the youngster (Pioli), has respect from his players (Haley didnt) and which other Head Coach prospect would you rather have (other the Fisher)?

Point is, Romeo has had a QB contriversy, has the backing of the team, Pioli will HAVE to listen to the Head Coach due to his age and experience (street cred).

Holladay 12-19-2011 05:24 AM

It all, as we saw, comes down to Clark.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8218496)
50 years of NFL history says that a QB won't throw a TD in 41 consecutive games either. 50 years of NFL history says that nobody will touch Tom Dempsey's 63 yard FG.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Individual records are bound to fall.

You can bring up other old head coaches but that's not really an argument for Romeo. All those guys were proven head coaches.

Slainte 12-19-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8218505)
You're comparing apples to oranges.

That's what you did when you compared the current situation to what happened with Gantz and the players 25 years ago.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-19-2011 07:20 AM

The defensive players openly campaigned for Gunther. We saw how that worked out.

Deberg_1990 12-19-2011 07:36 AM

IM very weary of Romeo. I like the guy, but hes old and dude basically did nothing in Cleveland. Even Bellichek had 1 decent season with a playoff win in Cleveland. IM fearful that all this is is a Post Haley hangover bump.......

Molitoth 12-19-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Find me a 64-year old interim head coach who went on to win a SB.
Find me a team with a first time starting QB with the team for a month and a freshly hired interim head coach that goes on to beat the defending super bowl champs currently undefeated.

Quote:

Something happens in the NFL that has never happened before every season.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-19-2011 08:16 AM

More WPI junk.

Phobia 12-19-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8218654)
More WPI junk.

Uh. No. Star link. Star product.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-19-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8218765)
Uh. No. Star link. Star product.

My bad LoL

Chiefnj2 12-19-2011 09:08 AM

“Everything was different,” McClain said of the past week. “More meeting time. More football time. Learning your opponent better, understanding your opponent. I know I watched more film this week than I watched all year. Everything was different, man. Good different.”

What was Haley doing all year with the team? Were they still on their preseason schedule?

splatbass 12-19-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8218443)
This is dangerous. Chiefs players are lobbying openly for Crennel to get the job.

64-year old interim head coaches don't win shit in this league.

His age shouldn't be a problem. Marv Levy went to the SB 4 times at Crennel's age. I wouldn't worry about it. Young kids like you don't realize that 64 isn't that old these days.

BoneKrusher 12-19-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8218775)
“Everything was different,” McClain said of the past week. “More meeting time. More football time. Learning your opponent better, understanding your opponent. I know I watched more film this week than I watched all year. Everything was different, man. Good different.”

What was Haley doing all year with the team? Were they still on their preseason schedule?

it seems Haley was busy figuring out ways to screw Pioli..