ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Average U.S. Gas Prices Drop 25 Cents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127345)

Donger 10-24-2005 08:35 AM

Average U.S. Gas Prices Drop 25 Cents

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051024/...tkBHNlYwM3MTg-

CAMARILLO, Calif. - Retail gas prices across the nation fell an average of 25 cents in the past two weeks as refineries in the Gulf Coast steadily resumed production, according to a survey released Sunday.

Still, prices remained slightly higher than pre-Hurricane Katrina levels.

The weighted average price for all three grades declined to $2.69 a gallon on Oct. 21, said Trilby Lundberg, who publishes the semimonthly Lundberg Survey of 7,000 gas stations around the country.

Self-serve regular averaged $2.66 a gallon nationwide. The price for midgrade was $2.76, while premium-grade hit $2.86.

The average pump price for all three grades is still 3 cents per gallon higher than before Hurricane Katrina barreled into the Gulf Coast, Lundberg said.

Several factors contributed to the recent decline, including a seasonal decrease in demand and the resumption of production at many refineries knocked off-line by hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

"The supply and demand were grossly out of balance and remain somewhat out of balance in the gas market," Lundberg said. "But that balance is normalizing as refining capacity is brought back up."

Lundberg said she expected the cost-cutting to continue in the coming weeks unless an extreme winter drives up heating oil demand and affects the price of crude oil and its derivatives.

The lowest average price in the nation for regular unleaded among the stations surveyed was $2.20 a gallon in Tulsa, Okla. The highest price was $3.01 in Honolulu.

Donger 10-24-2005 08:35 AM

Let's keep demand low, folks.

Phobia 10-24-2005 08:37 AM

I've seen it well under $2.20 in KC.

I need to know when Deisel will follow.

Lzen 10-24-2005 08:38 AM

Yeah, I noticed that they have gone down a lot since August. I still want to see gas get back under $2 a gallon, though. It was nice for a change to fill up my truck this weekend for $2.13 a gallon.

Lzen 10-24-2005 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

Oh yeah, that's gotta suck for you. Diesel is still around $3-$3.50 a gallon here.

Saulbadguy 10-24-2005 08:45 AM

Noone really believed me when I said Gas would be under $2.00 within a year.

Saulbadguy 10-24-2005 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Yeah, I noticed that they have gone down a lot since August. I still want to see gas get back under $2 a gallon, though. It was nice for a change to fill up my truck this weekend for $2.13 a gallon.

Keep your eye on the station at 6th & Clay. They were at $2.09 recently.

Donger 10-24-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

I wouldn't expect it to drop as gasoline has. Not the right time of year, I'm afraid.

Kyle401 10-24-2005 08:48 AM

Diesel is closely related to #2 heating oil which is in high demand right now. Diesel prices will probably remain fairly high through the winter.

*edit* Demand for Diesel usually drops some around mid-November as most farmers and heavy construction (earthmovers etc.) crews are not working during that time. The price may fall a little then.

Donger 10-24-2005 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Noone really believed me when I said Gas would be under $2.00 within a year.

It's possible, but I think unlikely. I think it will bottom out right around $2.20, national retail average.

Iowanian 10-24-2005 09:03 AM

Call me when it gets down where it really needs to be....$1.40-$1.50.

Personally...I'd like to see pillaging and refinery construction until its 1.25......only long enough to develop the renewable fuels far enough to tell the Oil producing nations to Eff off.......and use US/Tejas/friendly oil for our petroleum based manufactured products.

ROYC75 10-24-2005 09:17 AM

CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY DIESEL HAS NOT DROPPED ?

OK, I had my little fit for the day, but diesel price's has major implications on my business .

Frosty 10-24-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
It was nice for a change to fill up my truck this weekend for $2.13 a gallon.

Geez, I was excited when it fell to $2.79 over the weekend. Now I'm pissed. :mad:

Donger 10-24-2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY DIESEL HAS NOT DROPPED ?

OK, I had my little fit for the day, but diesel price's has major implications on my business .

The simple answer? Because demand for diesel is at its annual peak right now.

htismaqe 10-24-2005 09:32 AM

I got some this morning for $2.17 along my usual route.

I'm guessing that our local Wal-Mart is under $2.10 right now.