ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who would you want as our next HC: Billick, Cowher or Gruden? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264570)

Discuss Thrower 10-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970777)
Petrino will never gain the trust of an NFL owner, ever again.

He's a brilliant offensive mind but the guy is a train wreck off the football field.

But what's worse: his ditching of Atlanta after the Vick thing or his screwing of another's wife along with abusing his position as a program head in college?

Mr. Flopnuts 10-02-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970777)
Petrino will never gain the trust of an NFL owner, ever again.

He's a brilliant offensive mind but the guy is a train wreck off the football field.

I think you're right. But I'd take the chance on him, because frankly, I don't care who he ****s if we win football games. But I don't think he'll ever coach in the NFL again.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8970813)
I think you're right. But I'd take the chance on him, because frankly, I don't care who he ****s if we win football games. But I don't think he'll ever coach in the NFL again.

I'm with you there. I just don't think any NFL owner trusts him again.

I'm guessing he'll get another shot soon at a BCS school. I'd sure take him at Kansas over Charlie Weis!

Richard_Cuckold 10-02-2012 01:54 PM

Cowher all the way.
He'd at least make the Chiefs competitive

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970823)
I'm with you there. I just don't think any NFL owner trusts him again.

I'm guessing he'll get another shot soon at a BCS school. I'd sure take him at Kansas over Charlie Weis!

Idk about that, we've assembled a super bowl caliber staff here in Lawrence.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8970793)
But what's worse: his ditching of Atlanta after the Vick thing or his screwing of another's wife along with abusing his position as a program head in college?

Quitting 13 games into his rookie season is far worse than bangin' some broad. It shows a true lack of responsibility, not only to the owner and players but to the fans as well.

If he had finished the season and parted ways with Atlanta, I think that he'd get another shot, affair and all. But he just didn't burn a bridge with Arthur Blank in 2007, he burned that bridge with every NFL owner.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8970828)
Idk about that, we've assembled a super bowl caliber staff here in Lawrence.

I like Charlie Weis and think that he'll do a fine job at KU. But in all honesty, Petrino has a far better head coaching resume than Weis at the college level.

Look no further than Arkansas's collapse this season as proof.

listopencil 10-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8970552)
However, NO COACH has EVER won a Super Bowl with two different franchises.

Yeah, the thing is, no coach is going to step in to KC and immediately turn the Chiefs into a dominant team. You guys need to make the move from shitty, to respectable, to contender. Give a guy like Cowher (or maybe Gruden) four years to build up your franchise. Let him put a staff together but stay on the lookout for an up and coming coordinator. I know that the ultimate goal for every team every year is to win the Super Bowl. That's great. My ultimate goal is to be happy, peaceful and wise. That's not going to happen every day, and KC isn't going to win the Super Bowl every year.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 8970827)
Cowher all the way.
He'd at least make the Chiefs competitive

Billick and Gruden would make them "competitive" but none of these guy is "The Answer".

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970839)
I like Charlie Weis and think that he'll do a fine job at KU. But in all honesty, Petrino has a far better head coaching resume than Weis at the college level.

Look no further than Arkansas's collapse this season as proof.

Oh, I think he may end up lifting us from laughing stock status, I was moreso referring to the inane expectations people had for him around campus earlier this year.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8970844)
Oh, I think he may end up lifting us from laughing stock status, I was moreso referring to the inane expectations people had for him around campus earlier this year.

Eh, well, you're all college kids. It's fun to be positive! When I was at K-State, they were awful and we wore beer cartons on our heads during the games. When I later transferred to KU, no one even attended the football games.

At least you have something to get excited about! :)

Chiefspants 10-02-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8970850)
Eh, well, you're all college kids. It's fun to be positive! When I was at K-State, they were awful and we wore beer cartons on our heads during the games. When I later transferred to KU, no one even attended the football games.

At least you have something to get excited about! :)

Basketball season is around the corner...after all. ;)

In all seriousness, football has always been my favorite sport, and I can not tell you how awesome it would be if we became respectable again. Soft schedule or not, the 2007 season was incredible, (I also loved the 2003, 2005 and 2008 seasons, we were in no way a powerhouse, but simply to be in bowl contention was something to be excited about.) People often criticize KU students for being fair-weathered about football, but, I think we're merely suffering from the same disease that's being inflicted on Chiefs and Royals fans; after so many years of futility, people just lose hope.

gblowfish 10-02-2012 02:08 PM

Dig up Vince Lombardi, get some DNA, clone him.

Beerthirty 10-02-2012 02:38 PM

With the players we have now. If Marty started next week coaching the Chiefs. We would win this crappy division. We would get our asses handed to us in the playoffs but we would make the playoffs even with Cassel.

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 02:41 PM

Cowher is a winner and can build an organization. All the hate for him on here makes about as much sense as the hate for Trent Green.