ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How to beat the COLTS: part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155610)

mcan 01-02-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
shouldn't the title of thread be How to beat the COLTS: part III

:banghead:

Except I didn't post a thread explaining how to do it back in '95. I didn't even really know how to use the internet... But in '03 I explained quite clearly what we should have done.

Logical 01-02-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan
It could just be a resolution thing. Sometimes he just has a slight tilt to his head, and it's pretty subtle. But the clip you just showed looks like it's gone. I hope that's the exception to the rule, and the Chiefs can get back in Peyton's face this Saturday...

I'm going to keep on looking around.

Manning could walk up to the line and tell our DTs thesnap count and it would not make a difference 90% of the time.

Skip Towne 01-02-2007 07:25 PM

I was watching a college game a month or so ago and the centers for both teams would look back at the QB then raise up the head and snap it. Neither D line seemed to pick up on it. I mentioned it in the game thread but nobody seemed to think anything of it.

Simply Red 01-02-2007 07:34 PM

No offense to what anyone may speculate, but; I'm not buying that this happens that consistently. It appears to be the same thing as one telling the line to begin coming in when they hear the QB say; "Hut." He may snap it 8 times out of ten at that very time or he may not snap it 8 times out of ten while saying, "Hut." So what I'm saying is I believe it is merely a guess.

unothadeal 01-02-2007 08:31 PM

From what I see he snaps the ball every time AFTER HE RAISES HIS HEAD. He may not raise his head every time, but when he does, he will snap it immediatly

unothadeal 01-02-2007 08:33 PM

Oh, and mcan. Did Hicks say thanks kid sarcastically or was he sincere?

mcan 01-03-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdog414141
Oh, and mcan. Did Hicks say thanks kid sarcastically or was he sincere?

It wasn't really "sarcasm" per say, but he definately blew me off. Kind of like, "All right, thanks... Enjoy the game! ...What the hell was he yelling about?"

007 01-03-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

In my own defense, I'm hardly "Joe Average" football fan. I watch a lot of tape, and have all the games going back to 2000. I really do think a few teams in the league have spotted it, and have kept it 'mum' so as not to tip their hand. Ever wonder how New England's defense seems to get in Peyton's face on every play and force bad throws and interceptions? :hmmm:

Yeah, gotta love that Keira Knightley.

So, anybody have an inside track as to the email addresses of some Chiefs coaches? I'm thinking of sending a "heads up" email titled "Jeff Saturday" to Gunther Cunningham and Tim Krumrie.

Keira Knightley?

Wow she looks totally different in that pic than any pic I have ever seen her in.

Halfcan 01-03-2007 01:52 AM

Funny I don't think Manning has ever complained about Jeff Saturday's Head?

unothadeal 01-03-2007 01:55 AM

:clap:

mcan 01-09-2007 07:42 PM

I just thought I'd bump this thread and gloat a bit. Again, Jeff Saturday spent all day bobbing his head, and again, the Chiefs didn't get any pressure on Manning. For some reason, Manning's passes were as attracted to Ty Law as I am to Keira Knightley, but it wasn't because of our rush.

Too bad a 27 year old college kid with no coaching experience can see it, but our defense can't.

crazycoffey 01-09-2007 07:48 PM

yeah, I thought about you during the game, I have to say it wasn't with Kindness.

I never noticed this and I was looking for it.

Hammock Parties 01-09-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

I just thought I'd bump this thread and gloat a bit. Again, Jeff Saturday spent all day bobbing his head, and again, the Chiefs didn't get any pressure on Manning. For some reason, Manning's passes were as attracted to Ty Law as I am to Keira Knightley, but it wasn't because of our rush.

Too bad a 27 year old college kid with no coaching experience can see it, but our defense can't.

It's not like it would have made a difference. Our offense blew the game, not the defense. We got enough pressure on Manning...more than most teams.

mcan 01-09-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
yeah, I thought about you during the game, I have to say it wasn't with Kindness.

I never noticed this and I was looking for it.

are you serious?! Just go to the highlights on NFL.com. They only show Jeff Saturday on five plays, and he does it BIG TIME in three of them, and just a little bit on two... That's 100% of their big plays that could have been stopped had somebody been paying attention.

C-Mac 01-09-2007 10:09 PM

I remembered this thread and mentioned it to my son when I saw it happen in the game, so I know Saturday did it for sure a few times.