ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ****Official Black Monday Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268177)

GoChargers 01-05-2013 01:34 PM

It's not the coaching search I'm most worried about. It's the GM search. Now, it turns out Acee was wrong and Marc Ross IS getting an interview, but if they were really THAT high on Raye, they could have saved the expenses and promoted him already.

I do want to believe that Dean won't cheap out as usual, but this franchise needs to earn my trust back.

ChiefMojo 01-05-2013 01:46 PM

Doesn't the Chargers want Arians with Reid off the board? I have to admit, the GM search is puzzling me for San Diego. If it is Raye, why not make the move days ago?

Buck 01-05-2013 03:50 PM

Let them do their due diligence and make sure they are absolutely hiring the best guy for the spot.

ILChief 01-05-2013 09:11 PM

@JasonColeYahoo: WIP reporting that the Eagles close to a deal with Chip Kelly. Makes sense when you consider personnel Eagles have, particularly with Vick

CaliforniaChief 01-05-2013 09:15 PM

This "close to a deal" stuff is ridiculous.

Reid was "close to a deal" with the Cardinals.
Chip Kelly was "close to a deal" after meeting with the Browns for 15 minutes.
Now Chip Kelly is "close to a deal" with the Eagles?

Sounds like he's going to Buffalo.

CaliforniaChief 01-05-2013 09:15 PM

And I wasn't knocking you, IL chief...you're just quoting the tweet. Thanks for the info.

mnchiefsguy 01-05-2013 09:18 PM

OP needs some serious updating...we got a coach now in KC!

ILChief 01-05-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9286677)
And I wasn't knocking you, IL chief...you're just quoting the tweet. Thanks for the info.

No problem. I agree, everyone is in such a hurry to be first

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9251521)

****IN FIRED
Scott Pioli

Nice touch.

Sassy Squatch 01-06-2013 07:46 AM

Marrone agrees to coach Bills.

GoChargers 01-06-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross is scheduled to interview for the Jets GM job on Monday and the Panthers GM job on Tuesday.
Now I guarantee the Chargers end up with Jimmy Raye as GM and some soft vanilla retread like Lovie Smith. The Chargers will never win a Super Bowl under Spanos family ownership.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-06-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9286675)
This "close to a deal" stuff is ridiculous.

Reid was "close to a deal" with the Cardinals.
Chip Kelly was "close to a deal" after meeting with the Browns for 15 minutes.
Now Chip Kelly is "close to a deal" with the Eagles?

Sounds like he's going to Buffalo.

Reminds me of all the bullshit posted here from that hack Incarcerated Bob during the offseason. Every ****ing day someone would post his "BREAKING NFL NEWS" and nearly every damn time it was crap.

Crush 01-06-2013 12:38 PM

Doug Marrone is going to the Bills? Good for both parties.

Dylan 01-06-2013 01:56 PM

I was listening to Mike Francesa on WFAN this morning. He says four teams tried to hire Reid besides the Chiefs.

According to Francesa, Reid turned down a team who would get rid of their coaching staff if he would accept the offer - The incumbent coach will remain head coach.

Francesa claims Kelly and Sabin are staying put.

Sassy Squatch 01-06-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9288384)
I was listening to Mike Francesa on WFAN this morning. He says four teams tried to hire Reid besides the Chiefs.

According to Francesa, Reid turned down a team who would get rid of their coaching staff if he would accept the offer - The incumbent coach will remain head coach.

Francesa claims Kelly and Sabin are staying put.

If thats true, then Clark looks even more impressive. He went out and nabbed him up without him even going for another interview.