ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Batman Arkham City rocks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251291)

lcarus 10-14-2011 03:20 PM

Batman Arkham City rocks

Got an early copy. It's really sweet. Only game I've really felt like playing in a long time. Think I'm growing out of them. Never thought that could happen, but it is what it is.

Valiant 10-14-2011 03:27 PM

It is cyclical.. Though if the single player is anything like the previous or better then it, it will be game of the year..

I for the longest time got bored with shooters.. Then bored with rpg's now back on shooters.. Sometimes I only play a game to talk to old friends.. Easier to do in shooters..

lcarus 10-14-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7995076)
It is cyclical.. Though if the single player is anything like the previous or better then it, it will be game of the year..

I for the longest time got bored with shooters.. Then bored with rpg's now back on shooters.. Sometimes I only play a game to talk to old friends.. Easier to do in shooters..

I had a good ol time with Modern Warfare 2 for a while. Then got really sick of it. Then Black Ops came and was a total downgrade. Now I just despise COD and all the clones that come with it. The only games that can get me excited are games with serious nostalgia value or a sequel to a game I loved a while back. Hence why Arkham City and Bioshock Infinite are really the only 2 games I've looked forward to in a long time.

crispystl 10-14-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7995055)
Got an early copy. It's really sweet. Only game I've really felt like playing in a long time. Think I'm growing out of them. Never thought that could happen, but it is what it is.

I hardly ever play anymore. My friends and I used to rock Ncaa football four players on the same team and just crank out seasons in franchise mode. Then when I first moved in with my wife I played Ncaa football, COD4 and Battlefield 2 online all the time. Then a couple years ago I moved to N.C. and had to quit smoking bud and I have pretty much quit playing at all. I think it's more because I had to quit smoking than I'm getting older (I'm 29 now) but I miss it and I wish I could still get into it like I used to. With all that said I will buy Battlefield 3 and give that a shot.

keg in kc 10-14-2011 06:28 PM

It's definitely cyclical, and I think it depends on the quality of the games available. I've beta tested The Old Republic over two weekends the last month and a half, probably 50-60 hours each weekend, and played nothing else the rest of the time, aside from a few hours of KOTOR.

I might get Arkham City, but money's real tight this fall. Probably end up getting it on sale a while down the line.

Kraus 10-14-2011 06:39 PM

I loved the first. This one is already bringing in AAA reviews. Can't wait.

SnakeXJones 10-14-2011 06:51 PM

Too bad I cant pickup it up on released day but next paycheck along with Battlefield 3 both will be mine

lcarus 10-14-2011 10:35 PM

What's really sad is that I often don't get into "gaming mode", where I really have the urge to game. It's more that sometimes I get into "nostalgic mode". I play a lot of NES, SNES, and Playstation 1 emulators at work when there's nothing to do. Sadly I have a great time with a lot of those games more than I do with all these amazing looking games that are being pumped out left and right now days.

KcMizzou 10-14-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7995940)
What's really sad is that I often don't get into "gaming mode", where I really have the urge to game. It's more that sometimes I get into "nostalgic mode". I play a lot of NES, SNES, and Playstation 1 emulators at work when there's nothing to do. Sadly I have a great time with a lot of those games more than I do with all these amazing looking games that are being pumped out left and right now days.

I'm the same way. Mainly I use my 360 for Netflix.

But there is the occasional, Mass Effect, Red Dead, Bioshock, that consumes my free time now and then.

In the end, it's worth it.

KcMizzou 10-14-2011 10:43 PM

This game does look badass too though.. BTW

007 10-14-2011 10:48 PM

As much as I am looking forward to this game, I am going to try and wait it out for the price drops.

Taco John 10-15-2011 12:33 AM

I thought I was growing out of games. Then Starcraft II came out. A year later, I'm still hooked...

Imon Yourside 10-15-2011 09:30 AM

I might be interested if it weren't brucey vein, not a batman fan at all. Back to Rage, Orcs must die and Supreme Commander 1. :)

Jerm 10-15-2011 09:47 PM

This and Skyrim will own my soul for the forseeable future...

kysirsoze 10-15-2011 10:50 PM

I pre-ordered this months ago and put it out of my mind. I forgot it was coming out so soon until I saw this thread. Thanks alot, asshole. Now the next three days are to be ****ing torture.