ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which unit is more responsible for our six losses? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154171)

morphius 12-11-2006 12:04 AM

I say you have to blame the fans, why, I don't know, but I thought I read that somewhere once...

Easy 6 12-11-2006 08:32 AM

Both groups have taken turns choking in the clutch this year.

The last several years it was the D that gagged, this year its pretty evenly distributed disappointment.

The O's had some well known tough breaks all year = they give up a handful of games. Though the Herm/Mike playcalling braintrust has become a joke. They can still be conservative, but they dont need to be so friggin PREDICTABLE with the timing. Run, run, pass , same 2 run plays from last drive, pass. Our playbook is WAY to cool not to mix it up for Gods SAKE!!!

The D is learning a new system with the ill-fitting, holdover personnel in key spots = they lose a few. It often takes even the All-Timer coaches 2-3 years to put one together. But they are going to HAVE to play a much aggressive brand of cover2 to mask the flaws for now & turn the front 7 loose. Gun has GOT to unleash the blitz's, the Falcon look, send Bell in more to blast someone, the creative chit. Its time to DUMP Plain Jane...NOW!!!

greg63 12-11-2006 08:34 AM

You forgot Special Teams.

InChiefsHeaven 12-11-2006 08:59 AM

I blame Scanlon.

greg63 12-11-2006 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell
I blame Scanlon.

LMAO

Raiderhater 12-11-2006 09:05 AM

You forgot the coaching unit as an option, so my choice is not represented in the poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Miami...defense played well enough to win.

Denver...defense played well enough to win.

Cincinnati...defense played well enough to win.

Ravens...defense played well enough to win.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland...those are on the D, for sure. But the rest of the losses are on our offense, either by complete lack of production or putting too much stress on the D by punting too many times and turning it over.

In Miami the defense played just barely played well enough to win. All aspects of that game were less than spectacular.

Denver was completely on Herm, not the offense. It was Herm's decision not to try and win the game but rather settle for OT. He had a back up QB under center who hadn't started a game in years. I think he should have taken the chance personally because we were expected to lose the game anyway. But that game was all Herm, baby.

Cinci you'll get no argument.

Baltimore was most certainly the O, but the D did fail to come up with a crucial stop in the 4th when we needed it most.

Pittsburgh was an all around team effort, there is no way I'll lay that one at the feet of just D.

Chief Chief 12-11-2006 09:11 AM

Where do I go to vote for "Special Teams. They suck!!!"?

Raiderhater 12-11-2006 09:17 AM

Special teams has not been helpful this year, but neither has that unit specificaly cost us any games.