ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ok so I'm curious if this scenario happens (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270644)

chiefscafan 03-02-2013 12:58 PM

Ok so I'm curious if this scenario happens

What if Oakland wants geno but jets , buffalo, and cardinals want him.

Those who know draft compensation what could we realistically get for trading down.

Mother****erJones 03-02-2013 01:00 PM

It depends on how much they really want him. Which isnt much I'm guessing because he isn't heavily coveted. Hopefully we could get a 2nd and next years 1 for moving back far enough

Mr_Tomahawk 03-02-2013 01:00 PM

Alex Smith.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 01:00 PM

The number 2 pick is worth less points than the 1. Why not just trade with Jacksonville? That's what we've done to ourselves. Again.

KCUnited 03-02-2013 01:01 PM

I'm sure Jacksonville could get a pretty nice haul.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-02-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9457006)
It depends on how much they really want him. Which isnt much I'm guessing because he isn't heavily coveted. Hopefully we could get a 2nd and next years 1 for moving back far enough

This , so we can draft Johnny Football and finally have our QBOTF.

Rasputin 03-02-2013 01:02 PM

I agree with Mr.Flopnuts Jags are the team that could score a deal to move back. Teams know we wont draft a QB and are lame ducks with picking LT Jackoff (sp)

philfree 03-02-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9457015)
I agree with Mr.Flopnuts Jags are the team that could score a deal to move back. Teams know we wont draft a QB and are lame ducks with picking LT Jackoff (sp)

If there's two or three teams wanting Geno Smith I'm not sure trading up to #2 will cut it unless that happens after we've already made our pick. I would think that if a team is counting on G. Smith for their QB they'd want to secure him before the draft. The only way that happens is by trading up to #1.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-02-2013 01:20 PM

We should just draft his ass and as each teams gets on the clock offer him up for trade.

**** the Jaguars !

Hound333 03-02-2013 01:24 PM

The jags get a trade down only if one team wants Geno. If its two teams they will be bidding with us. You can't take the chance that the other team would trade up to 1.

TribalElder 03-02-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9457007)
Alex Smith Sucks.

fixed

B14ckmon 03-02-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hound333 (Post 9457075)
The jags get a trade down only if one team wants Geno. If its two teams they will be bidding with us. You can't take the chance that the other team would trade up to 1.

Unless Reid has a bunch of people in mind he wants in the first round, the asking price will be higher. Reports seem to indicate that he wants Joeckel, while the Jags have been mocked like 15 different players because of all the possibilities of who they could pick. I think it's much more likely that the Jaguars asking price will be lower even if 3 teams are bidding for it.

Hound333 03-02-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9457087)
Unless Reid has a bunch of people in mind he wants in the first round, the asking price will be higher. Reports seem to indicate that he wants Joeckel, while the Jags have been mocked like 15 different players because of all the possibilities of who they could pick. I think it's much more likely that the Jaguars asking price will be lower even if 3 teams are bidding for it.

True, but if your the Bills or Raiders, do you wait till the Chiefs pick and hope that the Cards don't grab the KC pick or do you just pony up. I guess the whole business is a gamble but if I think Geno is my man, im talking to KC and not screwing around.

philfree 03-02-2013 01:35 PM

The only way a team is guaranteed Geno Smith is by getting the #1 pick before the draft. I would think that waiting till draft day to see what happened witht he first pick would be risky as hell and really foolish. And no team is going to trade up to #2 before the draft to get Geno because they'll just get leap frogged by the other team that wants him. If two teams are gunning for Geno Smith they're going to have to deal with the Chiefs.

B14ckmon 03-02-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hound333 (Post 9457091)
True, but if your the Bills or Raiders, do you wait till the Chiefs pick and hope that the Cards don't grab the KC pick or do you just pony up. I guess the whole business is a gamble but if I think Geno is my man, im talking to KC and not screwing around.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting the Chiefs might take Geno? Because there is no chance that's happening.