ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Rambo arrives at JC Penney (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269052)

Hammock Parties 01-18-2013 03:15 PM

Rambo arrives at JC Penney

No one harmed. :hail:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/18...#ixzz2IMZk1joJ

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncsta...opper118AP.jpg

Quote:

Hours after President Barack Obama called on Congress to ban military-style assault weapons, one man's protest raised some eyebrows at a Utah store.

An Odgen woman took some photos of a man inside a J.C. Penney on Wednesday with an assault weapon slung over his shoulder.
Cindy Yorgason says that even for a firearm-friendly state like Utah, it was out of the ordinary.

Yorgason took two photos of the man and posted them on Facebook, where they received hundreds of comments and have been shared more than a thousand times.

The Salt Lake Tribune identified the man as 22-year-old Joseph Kelley, who says he was trying to demonstrate that the weapons aren't dangerous when handled by law-abiding people.

Kelley says the AR-15 he was carrying was unloaded, which is legal.

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:16 PM

So..........this isn't a story worth reporting at all...

ptlyon 01-18-2013 03:19 PM

God damn ammo!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-18-2013 03:19 PM

What they failed to tell you was he had the shit beat out of him as he left the store by three gang bangers that now own an AR15

ptlyon 01-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9331252)
What they failed to tell you was he had the shit beat out of him as he left the store by three gang bangers that now own an AR15

Doubt the pussies would try

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9331252)
What they failed to tell you was he had the shit beat out of him ...

Highly unlikely...

saphojunkie 01-18-2013 03:22 PM

What a ****. I'm sure people ****ing love seeing a dude wearing an assault rifle in a public place. I hope this guy was stabbed to death.

KCUnited 01-18-2013 03:22 PM

I'm sure the 2 women who still shop at Penney's were terrified.

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9331267)
I'm sure the 2 women who still shop at Penney's were terrified.

This.

Easy 6 01-18-2013 03:25 PM

Yeah, thats a bit much... and an unloaded rifle isnt any better than a club, he damn sure could get whipped and have it taken.

ptlyon 01-18-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9331265)
What a ****. I'm sure people ****ing love seeing a dude wearing an assault rifle in a public place. I hope this guy was stabbed to death.

And that folks, is why we have a society problem, not a gun problem

listopencil 01-18-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

We need an Executive Order mandating knife control immediately.

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

What the **** is wrong with you?...

KChiefer 01-18-2013 04:25 PM

Fannie packs are back, yay!!!

stevieray 01-18-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

as long as they aren't assault knives....

Bump 01-18-2013 04:36 PM

Good for that guy! I applaud his efforts.

oldman 01-18-2013 04:41 PM

What a bozo. If you're going to carry a weapon for protection, make sure the damn thing is loaded. If you carry one like this clown did, someone is going to whip your butt, take it from you, and they will load it.

J Diddy 01-18-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9331284)
What the **** is wrong with you?...

whatever. If I'm in Wal-Mart grocery shopping with my kid you can bet your ass I would feel very uncomfortable with some guy picking up milk next to me while wearing an assault rifle on his shoulder. In fact the only thing that would make me feel somewhat comfortable is if I'm carrying. The real question is should I have to have a ****ing gun on me to go to the store for fear of some whacko with an assault rifle on his shoulder will be there?

What about the next guy who protests by bringing a stick of dynamite in the store? Is that okay since he might be a good guy who won't use it?

bowener 01-18-2013 04:47 PM

He must be hung like a horse.

KChiefer 01-18-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9331389)
What a bozo. If you're going to carry a weapon for protection, make sure the damn thing is loaded. If you carry one like this clown did, someone is going to whip your butt, take it from you, and they will load it.

Yeah, I always carry a box of random ammunition just in case I come across someone with an unloaded gun who's ass I can kick.

-King- 01-18-2013 04:48 PM

He's a ****ing piece of shit for that. I'm all for people having their weapons, but walking around with an AR-15 is not okay. Walking around with any gun that's not concealed isn't okay IMO.

I give this topic 1.5 more pages before it's in DC.

-King- 01-18-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9331393)
whatever. If I'm in Wal-Mart grocery shopping with my kid you can bet your ass I would feel very uncomfortable with some guy picking up milk next to me while wearing an assault rifle on his shoulder. In fact the only thing that would make me feel somewhat comfortable is if I'm carrying. The real question is should I have to have a ****ing gun on me to go to the store for fear of some whacko with an assault rifle on his shoulder will be there?

What about the next guy who protests by bringing a stick of dynamite in the store? Is that okay since he might be a good guy who won't use it?

THIS!

Fish 01-18-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9331401)
He's a ****ing piece of shit for that. I'm all for people having their weapons, but walking around with an AR-15 is not okay. Walking around with any gun that's not concealed isn't okay IMO.

I give this topic 1.5 more pages before it's in DC.

Why would it be OK concealed?

listopencil 01-18-2013 04:53 PM

I do have an issue with the way it is slung. It would look a lot cooler at a higher angle, and I wouldn't want to get poked with the end of the barrel if I was standing in line next to him.

listopencil 01-18-2013 04:54 PM

Can that weapon be slung like this?

http://cdn.cyclingforums.com/5/5a/5a...tingMatch.jpeg

candyman 01-18-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9331404)

What you dont know about cant hurt you...wait

KChiefer 01-18-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

IMO, walking around a department store with a rifle is much like someone walking around with a python or tarantula. It's a public disturbance that's not needed. Put the tarantula in your pocket please.

-King- 01-18-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

You don't cause a panic if it's concealed. A person walking into a store with an AR-15 in full view is very likely to incite panic.

candyman 01-18-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9331399)
Yeah, I always carry a box of random ammunition just in case I come across someone with an unloaded gun who's ass I can kick.

LMAO

stevieray 01-18-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9331401)
Walking around with any gun that's not concealed isn't okay IMO.

...you wouldn't like Arizona.

Fish 01-18-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9331430)
You don't cause a panic if it's concealed. A person walking into a store with an AR-15 in full view is very likely to incite panic.

Not that I agree with the way the guy did this... But I do understand the point he was trying to make, which is reinforced by the comments here.

It's the same gun whether it's tucked in his belt concealed, or slung on his back. You are in no more danger with it slung on his back than you are with it hidden away. And in fact, you're likely safer with the gun visible. To a responsible gun owner, there's no difference. To someone completely unfamiliar with guns, it's reason to freak the **** out. Even if that person would be fine knowing there's concealed carry and someone in the vicinity is probably carrying right then. Why should the simple visibility make that drastic of a difference between knowing somebody's probably carrying a gun and "Holy **** that guy has a gun!" If more people were safely and responsibly familiar with guns, maybe we could bridge that gap between the two reactions....

Not saying everyone should throw their gun over their shoulder and head out to pick up some Cap'n Crunch. But seeing a weapon carried in public by a normal responsible citizen shouldn't instantly cause terror.

Valiant 01-18-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9331472)
...you wouldn't like Arizona.

Don't confuse the people.. They live in their own world and do not understand things are not all the same.. I have never been scared seeing most people carry weapons in public.. It might be, most are law abiding citizens.. Now the minority of that, sure you have a point.. But then you are not trying to restrict them, you are trying to do it to the whole, which is the problem.

Sure, you don't normally see this in most areas. He is making a point. Especially over the whole so called scary looking rifle law. No rifles killed those kids. It was handguns, handguns that could be easily concealed. But that is not the main topic for some reason by the media(who glamorize the murderers) and politicians..

candyman 01-18-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9331506)
Don't confuse the people.. They live in their own world and do not understand things are not all the same.. I have never been scared seeing most people carry weapons in public.. It might be, most are law abiding citizens.. Now the minority of that, sure you have a point.. But then you are not trying to restrict them, you are trying to do it to the whole, which is the problem.

Sure, you don't normally see this in most areas. He is making a point. Especially over the whole so called scary looking rifle law. No rifles killed those kids. It was handguns, handguns that could be easily concealed. But that is not the main topic for some reason by the media(who glamorize the murderers) and politicians..

Are you sure? Ive read conflicting reports on this. Originally it was the AR-15 they found in the trunk that was never used, then it was used and it was a shotgun found in the trunk.

KChiefer 01-18-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9331522)
Are you sure? Ive read conflicting reports on this. Originally it was the AR-15 they found in the trunk that was never used, then it was used and it was a shotgun found in the trunk.

Dude's full of it and propagating conspiracy theories.

The only evidence that it was only handguns was a lone NBC Today report that they even said was unconfirmed. All others have stated an AR-15 was used.

big nasty kcnut 01-18-2013 06:30 PM

Oh sure whine about this it's a everyday deal in israel.

houstonwhodat 01-18-2013 06:34 PM

It doesn't matter what weapons that asshole used in Newtown.

If he didn't have any guns and wanted to kill them kids he would have found something else to use trust me.

listopencil 01-18-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9331487)
Not that I agree with the way the guy did this... But I do understand the point he was trying to make, which is reinforced by the comments here.

It's the same gun whether it's tucked in his belt concealed, or slung on his back. You are in no more danger with it slung on his back than you are with it hidden away. And in fact, you're likely safer with the gun visible. To a responsible gun owner, there's no difference. To someone completely unfamiliar with guns, it's reason to freak the **** out. Even if that person would be fine knowing there's concealed carry and someone in the vicinity is probably carrying right then. Why should the simple visibility make that drastic of a difference between knowing somebody's probably carrying a gun and "Holy **** that guy has a gun!" If more people were safely and responsibly familiar with guns, maybe we could bridge that gap between the two reactions....

Not saying everyone should throw their gun over their shoulder and head out to pick up some Cap'n Crunch. But seeing a weapon carried in public by a normal responsible citizen shouldn't instantly cause terror.

All joking aside, I don't like a wep being slung so its barrel is near horizontal. I guess it is that "treat every gun like it's loaded, keep it pointed downrange, don't aim it at someone unless you plan to shoot them" thing I was raised with. Not that it is more dangerous to sling an unloaded weapon in that way, but it gets my attention in a negative way. I consider it poor etiquette.

notorious 01-18-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9331701)
"treat every gun like it's loaded, keep it pointed downrange, don't aim it at someone unless you plan to shoot them" .

This.

First thing I said when I saw this picture.

Nightfyre 01-18-2013 09:40 PM

I would probably be uncomfortable in that situation. I don't know why. After all, I was probably in greater danger from some of the idiots at Army basic. LMAO.

jspchief 01-18-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Because it wouldn't look like someone who's about to start shooting the place up?

Anyone who doesn't see the idiocy of this protest needs to have their head examined.