ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Batman: Arkham Knight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281935)

keg in kc 03-04-2014 11:52 AM

Batman: Arkham Knight

Maybe the last. Set a year after Arkham City.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NkuD0Inb9Gs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More from Game Informer:
Quote:

Rocksteady is hoping to raise the bar even higher on what will be its final Arkham game. Set after the events of Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Knight may just end the Dark Knight's journey.

As you've probably guessed from the cover imagery, the Batmobile is finally a core element of the gameplay. An entirely new area of Gotham City, far larger than Arkham City, has much wider streets to accommodate the new driving gameplay that is designed to integrate smoothly with Batman's gliding and grappling traversal. Batman chases down super villains Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and more.

Arkham Knight will release later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

jiveturkey 03-04-2014 12:30 PM

Holy shit!

Mother****erJones 03-04-2014 01:05 PM

Absolutely love these games

mnchiefsguy 03-04-2014 01:07 PM

PS4, Xbox1 and PC only...guess I will either have to upgrade the PC or get a PS4/Xbox1, since this looks like it could be great.

kaplin42 03-04-2014 01:50 PM

I need a towel and a cigarette!

Javabean 03-04-2014 01:56 PM

New box art leaked:

http://i.imgur.com/HdJfhPa.jpg

millz 03-04-2014 02:24 PM

thank god it's only on next gen and not on ps3 anymore. while i love these games, they didn't show any gameplay.

love these games but i want a next gen spidey

007 03-04-2014 05:00 PM

ROCKSTEADY

Sure-Oz 03-04-2014 06:32 PM

I'm glad i own a ps4 now!

Ragged Robin 03-04-2014 09:22 PM

Meh. The first two were great because they had an incredible story which was written by an actual comic writer, Paul Dini who they essentially let go after Arkham City. The last one they did was meh and no surprise here, the trailer features what? Batman punching bad guys and riding around in the batmobile.. no story element to be found.

I also hate how the horrible the bat suit looks. I thought they got it just about perfect in Arkham Origins (less uber clunky armor, shorter, more traditional ears) but this is like three steps back.

keg in kc 03-04-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10467307)
Meh. The first two were great because they had an incredible story which was written by an actual comic writer, Paul Dini who they essentially let go after Arkham City. The last one they did was meh and no surprise here, the trailer features what? Batman punching bad guys and riding around in the batmobile.. no story element to be found.

The last game wasn't done by the studio that did the first two (rocksteady). It was a licensed game done by WB Montreal. While I don't think Dini is involved, as you mention, Rocksteady has returned to develop the third game. It's essentially a sequel to Arkham City and I'm thinking of it as the conclusion of a trilogy starting with Arkham Asylum.

WhiteWhale 03-04-2014 09:38 PM

Aw ****... they're FINALLY putting you in the batmobile?

About dayum time!

kcxiv 03-04-2014 09:40 PM

i got bored playing Arkham City, i didnt even pass it. Loved AA though

WhiteWhale 03-04-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10467319)
The last game wasn't done by the studio that did the first two (rocksteady). It was a licensed game done by WB Montreal. While I don't think Dini is involved, as you mention, Rocksteady has returned to develop the third game. It's essentially a sequel to Arkham City and I'm thinking of it as the conclusion of a trilogy starting with Arkham Asylum.

Exactly what got me jazzed. Should be cool. Rocksteady made GREAT games.

Gravedigger 03-04-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10467319)

Wonder if they bring back Kevin Conroy for this game instead of that guy who did the voice in Origins. I liked him, but he's no Conroy.