ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why is the NFL important? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300567)

BlackOp 06-26-2016 02:05 AM

Why is the NFL important?

What service does it provide? The ability to brag that your demographical location is FAR superior to the others?..Hatfields and McCoy....ape-like territorial piss-wars?...it make no rational sense when you step back and reflect.

The synthetic rivalry is so intense...they can exploit you for $35 to park and $9 a beer....just to show how serious you re about your..."something".

It's a joke..being played on all suckers. It doesn't differentiate...just steals your cash.

They are a mega-corporation...and their main objective if to exploit you for $$..while acting like they are actual living breathing entities. It's sham 101.

#BlackPlauge

kjwood75nro 06-26-2016 02:13 AM

Every castle needs a jester.

TimBone 06-26-2016 02:14 AM

Why is it so important to step back before you think about it?

BlackOp 06-26-2016 02:16 AM

Nobody in KC cares about the Vikings....its just Bernays's derivative emotional extortion

BlackOp 06-26-2016 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12290477)
Why is it so important to step back before you think about it?

Because when you get the sense you are being exploited...you usually are. The whole master/slave thing....

BlackOp 06-26-2016 02:27 AM

My OP was a question..why do you care enough to spend money that toggles into the "gouge" range...

Is the appeal an organic community in a digital world? Is the community more important than the actual sport?

I'm essentially asking..why do you give a shit?

Fire Me Boy! 06-26-2016 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12290481)
My OP was a question..why do you care enough to spend money that toggles into the "gouge" range...

Is the appeal an organic community in a digital world? Is the community more important than the actual sport?

I'm essentially asking..why do you give a shit?

It's entertainment and escapism.

TimeForWasp 06-26-2016 04:51 AM

Crack is a bad drug.

Gonzo 06-26-2016 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65TPT (Post 12290490)
Crack is a bad drug.

Oh no, there's no crack smoking here. The hippie lettuce is strong with this one. I'm thinking a playlist filled exclusively with Greatful Dead and Widespread Panic songs is set to go at all times.

milkman 06-26-2016 05:07 AM

I think the answer is pretty obvious.

For generations, hell centuries, fathers and sons have bonded over sports, and emotional attachments are made to the teams that you've bonded over.

That bonding has grown to include mothers and daughters over the last few generations.

Bugeater 06-26-2016 06:04 AM

It's something to do.

Kidd Lex 06-26-2016 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12290492)
I think the answer is pretty obvious.

For generations, hell centuries, fathers and sons have bonded over sports, and emotional attachments are made to the teams that you've bonded over.

That bonding has grown to include mothers and daughters over the last few generations.

This. For many sports becomes a large portion of ones culture of sorts. All of my family and friends are diehard Royals and Chiefs fans, and for many who move away we still keep in touch and discuss our teams on almost a daily basis. To milkman point, my closest bonds to my dad and grandfather also had to do with sports, and them coaching me and bonding over the teams we followed. As one who's travelled and worked across the US, sports are not pretend, they are a part of what makes you who you are and how people get to know one another. There is a big difference for sports fan watching Cleveland or Kansas City celebrate a championship versus NYC.

When you start thinking like you are life can lose its luster. Cheer up, not everything has to be a world changing event.

King_Chief_Fan 06-26-2016 06:31 AM

Life is full of other things
NFL is not that important
Fun entertainment but not a requirement or all that important

Red Dawg 06-26-2016 06:33 AM

Importance of anything depends on what you compare it to. NFL is just for fun. I love it.

hometeam 06-26-2016 07:59 AM

Its an entertainment service.
People will pay what the market can support for any particular service or good.