ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Monte Kiffin resigns from USC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267203)

Ace Gunner 11-30-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9162925)
And yet you're a fan of Cowher?

Give me a break.

Gruden > Cowher.

Cowher is proof any reerun can coach the Steelers and given almost two decades, can win a championship.

okoye35chiefs 11-30-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9162900)
Even he got tired of Lane.

73 years old next year and looking to get back into the NFL?

this....73!

mdchiefsfan 11-30-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning
Basically Pioli is a GM who will let players like Devard Darling flourish.
Menage twa. LMAO

chiefzilla1501 11-30-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163237)
Dude, Chuckys offense is VERY similar to what we run now. Its the WCO...dump offs and short passes are the bread and butter.

Why do you think he got by with shitty QBs the whole time?

If we bring in Chucky, we are gonna do one of two things:

1) Draft Barkley at first overall
2) Draft a defensive player first overall and a QB in the second or third.

The guy passed on Aaron Rodgers for Cadillac Williams in 2005.

Think about that for a second.

With Cohwer, at least we have a shot at taking Geno.

Here's a real interesting article:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ime/57816080/1

You are right. But a few key things to keep in mind. Remember that Chan Gailey ran a smash mouth offense, then adjusted to the spread for the Chiefs. Shanahan was a WCO guy but developed more of a shotgun offense in Washington to suit RGIII. Gruden's been out of the game for a while and he's smart enough to see from the booth what's going on. In fact, from what I remember, he was doing heavy research for years on the spread offense because he thought it was intriguing.

I don't know if I'd want Gruden. But he's an intriguing hire because I have a feeling he's going to develop an offense nobody's expecting. And I bet it won't be west coast.

chiefzilla1501 11-30-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9163927)
Here's a real interesting article:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ime/57816080/1

You are right. But a few key things to keep in mind. Remember that Chan Gailey ran a smash mouth offense, then adjusted to the spread for the Chiefs. Shanahan was a WCO guy but developed more of a shotgun offense in Washington to suit RGIII. Gruden's been out of the game for a while and he's smart enough to see from the booth what's going on. In fact, from what I remember, he was doing heavy research for years on the spread offense because he thought it was intriguing.

I don't know if I'd want Gruden. But he's an intriguing hire because I have a feeling he's going to develop an offense nobody's expecting. And I bet it won't be west coast.

Surprised nobody's commented on this.

Gruden has studied Chip Kelly's offense. A ton. It either means he's interested in coaching on the college level. Or it means he wants to run an offense with more spread design.

I wasn't a big fan of Gruden, until I thought of this. What would people think about Chucky if he ran more of a spread, particularly one influenced by Chip Kelly?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-30-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9162941)
Hahaha no.

Cowher would make this defense borderline elite overnight with the pieces we have and the offense would be respectable with Geno Smith and these pieces.

Gruden would make the offense better, but would be turning over half the defense.

Again.

I like Chucky, but Cowher would be the better bag o' dickhammers in the retread derby.

rtmike 11-30-2012 05:49 PM

Pretty sure I read it on here but supposedly Gruden said he hated Kansas City, called it a dump or something? Can't remember what exactly was said.

Easy 6 11-30-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9165326)
Pretty sure I read it on here but supposedly Gruden said he hated Kansas City, called it a dump or something? Can't remember what exactly was said.

Yeah, he has too much of a fat head to want KC, i bet he wants dallas where he can be a big limelight sucking star.

DaneMcCloud 11-30-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9165370)
Yeah, he has too much of a fat head to want KC, i bet he wants dallas where he can be a big limelight sucking star.

I'm sure that ego is definitely a part of a coach's decision, as well it should, IMO.

If a guy doesn't think he's worthy of one of the highest profile positions in the NFL, personally, I'd want nothing to do with him.

Unfortunately for Chiefs fans, they and Jacksonville are fighting it out for low man on the totem pole when it comes to desired cities in which to coach an NFL team. But for two different reasons (ownership versus fan interest).

I'll be shocked if the Chiefs make a high profile hire at head coach or GM.

ChiefAshhole20 11-30-2012 09:06 PM

I'm not quite sure why there's all the love for Cowher/Gruden when they've been away from coaching all these years, I just feel like if we're going to turn this team around, we need a coach with heart and a somewhat successful background like Andy Reid.

He's pretty much definitely getting the boot after this year, and has struggled this year because of personal problems, a DC who doesn't know how to design a scheme for their all-world talent, and an O-line with a different combination of starters on a weekly basis. He's had a bad year, and he seems like the type of person that would want to redeem himself after a season like this. And where better to rejuvenate your career than a small-market, under the radar team loaded with talent (just not coached well), the first-overall opportunity to handpick your future, and all the BBQ you can eat (seemed to sway Winston to join).

We get him, a GM who knows how to evaluate talent, and a DC who knows what their doing (dream scenario would be Ron Rivera) and I think this team has a shot at really becoming a force this next season as well as for years to come...

Easy 6 11-30-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9165473)
I'm sure that ego is definitely a part of a coach's decision, as well it should, IMO.

If a guy doesn't think he's worthy of one of the highest profile positions in the NFL, personally, I'd want nothing to do with him.

No doubt gruden still has the energy and keeps up with the game, a healthy ego is mandatory... he's a very legit candidate.

But if he doesnt want Kansas City, i dont want him.

I bet Haley wanted KC.

Hammock Parties 11-30-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9163871)
Dexter has the measurables to do that...his shuttle time was ELITE and that is the most relevant test for slot guys because it tests their ability to maintain speed in and out of breaks. The guy is never gonna be a 1300-1500 yard guy, but he can reach the levels I posted with consistency.

Yeah if only he could catch the ball. Or make one play after the catch. Or catch a ball past 8 yards. ROFL