ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Nat'l Security It's time for large # of troops to GTFO of Afghanistan. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213880)

patteeu 01-13-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9308223)
the neo-con's like to label Obama as some kind of wimpy liberal etc. etc. But, anyone that is paying attention has to realize he is killing people all over the world and doing it pretty ruthlessly without attracting the public's questions of what the **** is going on?

Killing people, especially when it's easy, isn't what defines the difference between a wimp and a courageous leader.

BigRedChief 01-13-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9315598)
If Karzai is as corrupt as you say both Obama and Bush ****ed up. I don't disagree with you, just stating it the way I see it.

And if you don't like nation building you sure can't approve of what we're doing in the rest of the ME.

We are no longer nation building in the ME. We just pay money to get what we want. Google what we are doing in Qatar and Bahrain.

Our "friends" our shooting us in the back and as we sleep. WTF should we tolerate that? The military wants no part of Afghanistan. Obama's plan is use drones, SO and a few bases to take out Al-Qaeda cells when they spring up and over the border in Pakistan. We can't fix Afghanistan.

Mesa Goat Man 01-14-2013 02:47 PM

We don't win wars because that does not make the Military Industrial Complex any money. Can fodder is what the American Soldier is for the MIC.

BigRedChief 01-14-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesa Goat Man (Post 9317797)
We don't win wars because that does not make the Military Industrial Complex any money. Can fodder is what the American Soldier is for the MIC.

You should stick to the government faked the moon landings discussions.

mlyonsd 01-14-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9315846)
We are no longer nation building in the ME. We just pay money to get what we want. Google what we are doing in Qatar and Bahrain.

Our "friends" our shooting us in the back and as we sleep. WTF should we tolerate that? The military wants no part of Afghanistan. Obama's plan is use drones, SO and a few bases to take out Al-Qaeda cells when they spring up and over the border in Pakistan. We can't fix Afghanistan.

So what happens if we keep bases and the country falls apart?

Realize I'm agreeing with you that it is time to come home. I'm trying to figure out at what level we should back up the government.

BigRedChief 01-14-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9319018)
So what happens if we keep bases and the country falls apart?

Realize I'm agreeing with you that it is time to come home. I'm trying to figure out at what level we should back up the government.

It's limited. We defend our bases. We have several aircraft carriers in the area and the 3rd largest naval base in the world right across the bay. Shit goes south, they can respond.