ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Coomer The Hot Dog Douche Is At It Again! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278176)

HemiEd 11-01-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 10146616)
"That bitch wouldn't have gotten raped if she had paid attention and didn't wear that sexy ass dress..." [/bwillie]

:LOL:

Saul Good 11-01-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b_284 (Post 10147030)
dammit, now I want a hot dog and the closest QT is in Dallas. Thanks slugger. asshole.

Just call Slugger. He can fire a hot dog in your direction at 2,200 feet per second.

HemiEd 11-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10146639)
I am simply floored by all of you on this guys side. Society has certainly taken a turn for the worst. Nobody takes personal accountability for anything nowadays. They always think it's someone elses fault. I mean it doesn't matter what it is, a tornado could come, blow down your house, you'd blame the Weather Channel and sue them.

Clean up on Isle 3

it is someone elses fault, you don't expect flying ****ing hot dogs at a baseball game. The guy isn't looking to get rich here, and if anyone should be accountable, it is the mascot.

it is very unfortunate.

mike_b_284 11-01-2013 02:10 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

This thread is great, you guys are really on a roll. Is it cause it is friday?

Saul Good 11-01-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10147052)
Clean up on Isle 3

it is someone elses fault, you don't expect flying ****ing hot dogs at a baseball game. The guy isn't looking to get rich here, and if anyone should be accountable, it is the mascot.

it is very unfortunate.

Have you ever been to a baseball game? Teams do promotions like this all the time. If you don't expect it, the announcement should clue you in...so should the guy in a giant Lion costume preparing to toss hotdogs.

mike_b_284 11-01-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10147043)
Just call Slugger. He can fire a hot dog in your direction at 2,200 feet per second.

Inter continental ballistic hotdog? I'm putting on my safety goggles.

HemiEd 11-01-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10147068)
Have you ever been to a baseball game? Teams do promotions like this all the time. If you don't expect it, the announcement should clue you in...so should the guy in a giant Lion costume preparing to toss hotdogs.

Yes, yes I have, even a few Royals games. I even saw Steve Busby pitch.

At the drag races, they often shoot T-Shirts to the crowd out of a giant cannon thing, and I just can't imagine someone not being aware of it. However, I bet there are people looking at something else at the time, just like this guy obviously was.

I think the bogie here is that he is not trying to get rich, just basically get his medical bills covered.

KCUnited 11-01-2013 02:17 PM

He's asking for "over 20k", the exact amount isn't specified.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10146961)
It CLEARLY had a chance of inflicting SERIOUS MEDICAL DAMAGE? Really? Surely, then, people must have been running away screaming, "NOOOO! I didn't sign up for this!" while this was going on, then. I mean, throwing lit M-80s into the crowd could clearly cause serious medical damage. Firing water balloons full of boiling grease from the grease traps at fans would clearly cause serious medical damage. If lobbing hotdogs to clamoring fans is CLEARLY going to cause SERIOUS MEDICAL DAMAGE, then surely this guy would have been hit from behind while trying to flee the dangerous situation rather than hit in the eye.

Did it clearly have a chance of inflicting serious medical damage? Yes. How do I know this? Because it happened once, therefore, there is a chance.

The mockery you're making of somebody freaking out about a hot dog promotion is exactly my point. People bring baseball gloves and are always alert during an inning for fear of getting hit with a bat or balll. Nobody expects to get hurt during a hot dog promotion, so why do you keep putting this ridiculous idea into people's heads that people should be paying close attention to a hot dog promotion so as not to get hurt? How about not doing the promotion at all -- is that going to change the outcome of the game?

What are some of the Royals' duty of care? How about insuring that hot dogs are wrapped in something that can't hurt anyone? How about instructing the mascot to lob hot dogs? How about instructing your mascot to lob it to someone who's paying attention, instead of carelessly flipping it behind your back?

Sorter 11-01-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10146978)
You know how you can tell when someone has run out of useful things to say?

They start using All-Caps in their straw-men. Simply making illogical reaches doesn't work any more - it's time to start doing so emphatically.

Saul and BWillie have certainly acquitted themselves nicely thus far.

Carry on, gents. You're doing great.

LMAO

gblowfish 11-01-2013 02:26 PM

Sluggggrrr is going to need some sympathy lap dances to get his groove back on...

jettio 11-01-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10146943)
Yeah. You have to be at the game to know what a hot dog toss is like. Maybe this one used hot dogs made of steel being thrown by Randy Johnson...or maybe some guy got hit in the face by a hot dog because he sucks at life.

Looks like Saul Good's description of this particular event assumed a lot of facts beyond "what a hot dog toss is like". You proclaimed exactly, as if you adopted it entirely.

Why would there have to be some absolute rule making all incidents liability? Or, the converse rule that all incidents equal no liability?

IMO, it ought to be a matter of fact depending on what happened and the matter of law should not be absolute either way.

Saul Good 11-01-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10147091)
Yes, yes I have, even a few Royals games. I even saw Steve Busby pitch.

At the drag races, they often shoot T-Shirts to the crowd out of a giant cannon thing, and I just can't imagine someone not being aware of it. However, I bet there are people looking at something else at the time, just like this guy obviously was.

I think the bogie here is that he is not trying to get rich, just basically get his medical bills covered.

Then why did you just say that you don't expect it? You do expect it because you've seen it happen at every Royals game for a decade.

I sympathisize with the guy. I really do. They Royals should pay for his medical bills, but they shouldn't be legally obligated to. There was nothing dangerous about what they did. It was a freak accident that couldn't have been reasonably anticipated, and this guy could have protected himself by doing literally anything to avoid it.

Going to a Major League baseball game is different than going to the library. It's an interactive experience with tens of thousands of people there to be entertained by not only the game itself, but by the fountains, the food, the music, the carousel, the hot dog race, the kiss cam, and...yes...the mascot tossing t-shirts, hotdogs, etc. to the fans. If those activities are so dangerous as to present an obvious threat, reasonable people should not be there in the first place.

Saul Good 11-01-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10147128)
Did it clearly have a chance of inflicting serious medical damage? Yes. How do I know this? Because it happened once, therefore, there is a chance.

The mockery you're making of somebody freaking out about a hot dog promotion is exactly my point. People bring baseball gloves and are always alert during an inning for fear of getting hit with a bat or balll. Nobody expects to get hurt during a hot dog promotion, so why do you keep putting this ridiculous idea into people's heads that people should be paying close attention to a hot dog promotion so as not to get hurt? How about not doing the promotion at all -- is that going to change the outcome of the game?

What are some of the Royals' duty of care? How about insuring that hot dogs are wrapped in something that can't hurt anyone? How about instructing the mascot to lob hot dogs? How about instructing your mascot to lob it to someone who's paying attention, instead of carelessly flipping it behind your back?

What should they wrap a hotdog in? It's already in a ****ing bun. Should it be wrapped inside something softer than a bun? Something less dangerous than white bread?

It isn't "clearly dangerous" just because someone got hurt. It took a freak accident by an idiot to get hurt. It's possible to get hurt by any number of things if you're the person who is both dumb enough and unlucky enough to find yourself hurt in a hotdog toss at a baseball game. The possibility that something could hurt someone isn't enough that a reasonable person should anticipate it happening.

jettio 11-01-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10147013)
This event is like the climax scene from Ghostbusters where the guy can't clear his mind, so he thinks of the most harmless thing possible...the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. He might as well have imagined a big fuzzy costumed character tossing hot dogs to fans at a baseball game.

To say that the Royals should have anticipated someone getting injured is preposterous. Fans at a professional sporting event should be expected to have a minimum amount of awareness of what is going on around them. If you don't notice that everyone around you is clamoring for hot dogs being tossed by the giant Lion mascot standing 20 feet away from you...that's on you.

If everybody around was clamoring to catch the hot dog, then why didn't one of them catch it before it hit this guy's eye?

Could it be that he threw it too hard and too low for the people that wanted to catch it to catch it?