ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU's Snyder treatment for throat cancer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305958)

Mr. Laz 02-13-2017 03:39 PM

KSU's Snyder treatment for throat cancer

Kansas State coach Bill Snyder undergoing treatment for throat cancer
8:40 AM, Feb 13, 2017

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas State head football coach Bill Snyder is currently undergoing treatment for throat cancer, according to a statement released by the Kansas State Athletic Department.

Synder is quoted saying the following in the statement:

“I feel bad having to release this information about my health in this manner prior to sharing it in person with so many personal friends, distant family, players and their families, past and present, and many of the Kansas State football family so close to our program,” Snyder said. “But, with so much talk presently out there, I certainly owe it to everyone to make them aware of my condition.

"I have been diagnosed with throat cancer and have been receiving outpatient treatment at the KU Medical Center for about three weeks and am getting along very well. The doctors and staffs at both KU Med and M.D. Anderson (in Houston, Texas) have been great; working so very well together to finalize the overall treatment plan which is being conducted in Kansas City. Both ‘teams’ have projected a positive outcome and have worked out a schedule that allows me to be in Kansas City for my regular treatments and still be back in the office on a regular basis through the first week of March. Sean, along with our coaching and support staffs, remain highly productive in carrying out their responsibilities keeping us on track."

According to his doctors, Snyder’s treatment for throat cancer will not prevent him from coaching and the prognosis is good.

He has coached at K-State for 25 years. When the university hired him in 1988, the team was in the midst of a 27-game losing streak.

Snyder left K-State in 2005, but returned to the sidelines in Manhattan in 2009.

During a 9-4 year in 2016, Snyder passed the 200 win total for his career.

gblowfish 02-13-2017 03:50 PM

I hope he'll be OK. I'm a Mizzou Tiger, but I've always respected Bill Snyder. He does it the right way. Hope he gets well and can retire on his own terms.

Lzen 02-13-2017 03:50 PM

Saw this earlier today. I have a hard time seeing how he's going to coach if his throat is recovering. I have to imagine that chemo will do a number on his voice. Hard to be a head coach with no voice.

Buehler445 02-13-2017 03:55 PM

All the best from a hawk fan. No ill will towards that guy.

Fish 02-13-2017 04:03 PM

I love Snyder. But I think it might be time to hang em up. With his age, there's no way he can maintain any kind of respected leadership role...

LiveSteam 02-13-2017 04:35 PM

God speed::Husker Nation

LiveSteam 02-13-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12739209)
I love Snyder. But I think it might be time to hang em up. With his age, there's no way he can maintain any kind of respected leadership role...

The man took the worst division one football program EVER! And made them a house hold name.
A coach like that gets to pick when he wants to retire.
The last leader KSU employed,didnt go to well

Fish 02-13-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 12739277)
The man took the worst division one football program EVER! And made them a house hold name.
A coach like that gets to pick when he wants to retire.
The last leader KSU employed,didnt go to well

Your knowledge of the situation is worse than your grammar.

Reerun_KC 02-13-2017 04:55 PM

Prayers and Godspeed to you coach Snyder. A true legend.

LiveSteam 02-13-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12739284)
Your knowledge of the situation is worse than your grammar.

Not really

Ken Bone 02-13-2017 05:34 PM

Praying for Coach Snyder and his family, he's a sweet man.

WilliamTheIrish 02-13-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12739184)
Saw this earlier today. I have a hard time seeing how he's going to coach if his throat is recovering. I have to imagine that chemo will do a number on his voice. Hard to be a head coach with no voice.

While I don't have any real knowledge of his medical situation, I'd guess it's more of a radiation specific treatment. The beam can be focused to the area of cells very precisely. But the esophagus tissue is extremely radiosensitive which can lead to all sorts of complications. It's possible he'll have both. And the effects can be very difficult on a 72 year old man.

Other than that, I agree with you and fish. The guy is 72 with grandkids. Hang it up and enjoy it. But it's his life and he can choose his own path.

Al Czervik 02-13-2017 06:38 PM

One of the top 5 CFB coaches ever....
Get well HCBS....

Bugeater 02-13-2017 06:55 PM

Damn, anything cancer related at his age is scary. Wishing for the best for him.

Bugeater 02-13-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 12739309)
Not really

That's true. Nothing is worse than your grammar.