ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL.com Video Preview of Chiefs at Raiders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197454)

KCJohnny 11-27-2008 07:37 AM

NFL.com Video Preview of Chiefs at Raiders

Video here

Pretty cool video, great comments from Lenny Dawson on Thiggy. Chiefs are NOT the same team that lost 23-8 in September.

Stopping the run is all KC has to do. Russell's #s are ice cold, including a 6-17 for 55 passing yards performance against the Chiefs. KC is averaging 378 YPG and 24 PPG over the last 4 contests - and have beaten Oakland 5 straight times in the Black Hole.

A real test for the young (18 rookies) Chiefs roster - and the defense that only has to keep the Raider rushing attack under 200 yards to win. I like the Chiefs in this one, 27-17.

Thigpen 21-36, 270 yds, 2 TDs.

KC Star preview here.

Bowser 11-27-2008 08:52 AM

The Chiefs are going to get stomped. Again.

Our defense is THAT bad.

KCJohnny 11-27-2008 09:18 AM

Nah. Thigpen will get his points. Chiefs will score at least 24 which should be enough.

Bowser 11-27-2008 09:25 AM

The one thing about our defense that I don't get is why we are in a zone constantly. I know Herm and Gun came out and said that they like to keep it simple for the young guys, and the fact that we are seemingly plugging in someone new every week, but man, these guys are S-L-O-W. Nobody can get there on a blitz, and nobody can get to their area fast enough in zone. I'd just as soon change it up and blitz more. Better to die by the blitz than to die sitting back watching it come at you and still not being able to stop it.

IF, and a big IF, Russell can manage the game like he did against the Broncos, we aren't going to win. BUt the fact that they pulled it off IN Denver doesn't give me hope.

But I'll agree that Thigpen will throw for 250+ and get his 2-3 TD's. I'd really like to see both Bowe and Gonzalez end up with 80 catches and 10 TD's apiece for the year.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5252315)
Stopping the run is all KC has to do.

ROFL

KCJohnny 11-27-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5252428)
The one thing about our defense that I don't get is why we are in a zone constantly. I know Herm and Gun came out and said that they like to keep it simple for the young guys, and the fact that we are seemingly plugging in someone new every week, but man, these guys are S-L-O-W. Nobody can get there on a blitz, and nobody can get to their area fast enough in zone. I'd just as soon change it up and blitz more. Better to die by the blitz than to die sitting back watching it come at you and still not being able to stop it.

IF, and a big IF, Russell can manage the game like he did against the Broncos, we aren't going to win. BUt the fact that they pulled it off IN Denver doesn't give me hope.

But I'll agree that Thigpen will throw for 250+ and get his 2-3 TD's. I'd really like to see both Bowe and Gonzalez end up with 80 catches and 10 TD's apiece for the year.

Denver is actually worse against the run than we are (stats be damned) and Oakland exploited that (didn't we roll up 200+ yards rushing and 33 points against the donks?). We can win this game by making Russell beat us with his arm. I think this is a much more basic contest than most NFL games. Chiefs can pass or run. Raiders can only run. Raiders D is very good. Chiefs D is pathetic. The way I see it this is a chess game, and the Chiefs have the easier task. If they fail, pin the failure on the coaching staff, not so much the players.

I still smell a KC win here.

Lonewolf Ed 11-27-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5252431)
ROFL

I do hope they can stop the run. It's just the worst losing twice to the Raiders in the same season. :grr:

StcChief 11-27-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 5252549)
I do hope they can stop the run. It's just the worst losing twice to the Raiders in the same season. :grr:

agred...
but I don't see how our D will stop Chicken Legs McFadden and Fargus.....

and no D rush...which leaves JaMarcus Bust to waddle around a pick us apart.

KCJohnny 11-28-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 5252573)
agred...
but I don't see how our D will stop Chicken Legs McFadden and Fargus.....

and no D rush...which leaves JaMarcus Bust to waddle around a pick us apart.

Yeah, but this time there are 2 differences:
We have become a takeaway machine since September (21 5th best in NFL) and also scoring a heckuva lot more than 12.5 PPG like we were then. I think that may tilt things our way a bit.

BigRock 11-28-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5252432)
We can win this game by making Russell beat us with his arm.

Everyone knew that going into the first game. Knowing it and making it happen are two totally different things.

Mojo Rising 11-28-2008 02:18 AM

Does it matter? 1 team has 3 wins the only 1 (out of the the 25).

KCJohnny 11-28-2008 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 5253721)
Everyone knew that going into the first game. Knowing it and making it happen are two totally different things.

W/L notwithstanding, the offense is much better today than it was back in September. I don't see the Chiefs having any trouble scoring 24-30 points. The challenge will be holding the Raiders to under 30 in the first half.

blueballs 11-28-2008 03:45 AM

I ate too much and can't sleep
hope to soon drop off a Raider soon
so I can get back to heavenly slumber

ziggysocki 11-28-2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 5253776)
I ate too much and can't sleep
hope to soon drop off a Raider soon
so I can get back to heavenly slumber

Don't forget to wipe your Charger and flush the Bronco.

Bowser 11-28-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 5253706)
Yeah, but this time there are 2 differences:
We have become a takeaway machine since September (21 5th best in NFL) and also scoring a heckuva lot more than 12.5 PPG like we were then. I think that may tilt things our way a bit.

We're only +4. We're giving it away almost as fast as we take it.