ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc There's something howling right outside my house (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263339)

Rain Man 09-07-2012 11:37 PM

It could be a midget tornado.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-07-2012 11:39 PM

Whatever it was hasn't made a sound in about 15 minutes and I'm disappointed.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-07-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8887504)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J6NuhlibHsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sound like any of these?

No... deeper, more drawn out and more masculine.

cdcox 09-07-2012 11:43 PM

Has it been going on for 6 nights in a row? Do you have a horse called wildfire?

If so, I'm betting on a hoot owl.

KcMizzou 09-07-2012 11:46 PM

It might be a raccoon. Those little bastards make some odd sounds. I once took a bag of garbage out to a dumpster, and there was one of those little bastards staring me in the face... like "What'cha got there?"

Freaked me the hell out. But he wasn't scared.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-07-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8887521)
Has it been going on for 6 nights in a row? Do you have a horse called wildfire?

If so, I'm betting on a hoot owl.

First night... and thank you MMM.

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8887525)
It might be a raccoon. Those little bastards make some odd sounds. I once took a bag of garbage out to a dumpster, and there was one of those little bastards staring me in the face... like "What'cha got there?"

I took the trash out one night when we first bought our house. I heard this loud rumble. Scared the shit out of me.

It only turned out to be a 10 point Buck running down the empty lot next door and within 5 feet of me dumping the trash.

No biggie.

:doh!:

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-07-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

LMAO

The same thing has happened to me. They don't even care that you're there. If you have something with you they just want that.

"leave it and go away, I have shit to do here."

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

It might be a raccoon. Those little bastards make some odd sounds.

Just more proof that it's Lumpy.

I hear she wears a mask, as well.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-07-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8887536)
Just more proof that it's Lumpy.

I hear she wears a mask, as well.

Lump left me for Gonzo. She doesn't howl outside my window anymore.

Shaid 09-07-2012 11:54 PM

Go pet it.

cdcox 09-07-2012 11:59 PM

I put oil in my truck this morning. I opened the hood and there is a freaking squirrel inside the engine compartment.

I left my insulated coffee mug (the kind with a lid) in my office over the labor day weekend. Dumped it out on Tuesday and this giant cockroach splatters into the sink.

Nature just needs to stay away.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-08-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8887542)
Seriously, I lifted that plastic lid, and there he was. Staring me in the face. I just chucked it in. They're brave.

Very similar to my experience. The lid was open when I got there. I heard rumbling from within and waited. Big ol coon climbed up the far side and sat on the side of the dumpster and looked at me. I talked to him for probably a whole minute while he stared and tilted his head a couple times. Then I dropped my bag in and he watched it and looked back at me and back down and back at me again. I said "there's some goodies in there, have at it" and I left. I'm sure he had at it.

KcMizzou 09-08-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8887555)
I put oil in my truck this morning. I opened the hood and there is a freaking squirrel inside the engine compartment.

I left my insulated coffee mug (the kind with a lid) in my office over the labor day weekend. Dumped it out on Tuesday and this giant cockroach splatters into the sink.

Go pet them.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-08-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8887555)

Squirrels and coons... OK. Roaches......... hell no. Throw away that mug.