ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Michael Lombardi destroys Scott Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266335)

petegz28 11-07-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097575)
It wasn't a freaking sham.

He nailed Pioli to the wall over Routt and Romeo.

Scott is melting.

Dude, we are going to have to put you on suicide watch when we find out for sure that Pioli was extended last year and will be our GM for 3 more years.

mcaj22 11-07-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9097569)
Jeeesh, where to begin...

Lombardi was blunt, honest, forthright, pick an honest word.

At some point though, i became convinced he was 100% shilling for pioli... he was the kind of spokesman for THE WAY, that pioli WISHES he was.

But he did atleast implicate pioli with "he wasnt going to take a job where he wasnt in control of every aspect, nothing was going to happen in that building without his ok".

Then he gets to Haley... "his roots werent based in the program, he wasnt buying in, wasnt the right marriage"... thats when i shut it off, every word screamed shill.

THAT is when i really decided that this was a sham, it had pioli favor call all over it... God forbid Haley not buy into this loser ass "program" that only exists in piolis mind, how dare he questions and ask for leeway.

Maybe i heard it wrong, been wrong before, but this time... i doubt it... this was the interview pioli WISHES he could've given.

thats essentially what i got out of it as well

Lombardi helping his buddy out

the obvious mistake was Routt at 70 percent of the dollar, when Pioli probably regrets not drafting a CB in the first or second round to cover his ass

Hammock Parties 11-08-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9097581)
Dude, we are going to have to put you on suicide watch when we find out for sure that Pioli was extended last year and will be our GM for 3 more years.

Not happening.

I can see the future and it has been so since January.

MMXcalibur 11-08-2012 12:10 AM

The sooner this entire franchise is given an enema, the better. We don't deserve this incompetence...

Dayze 11-08-2012 12:15 AM

I can't imagine the town's reaction if he was extended. well, I 'could', but I wonder how big the mushroom cloud would be.

Tribal Warfare 11-08-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9097644)
I can't imagine the town's reaction if he was extended. well, I 'could', but I wonder how big the mushroom cloud would be.

It would be anger then Arrowhead will be a ghost town due to apathy.

ncCHIEFfan 11-08-2012 05:35 AM

For Lombardi to speak like he did ( very honestly ) , do you guys think he is trying to get back in game?

Maybe even looking at KC for his chance?

ncCHIEFfan 11-08-2012 05:40 AM

or perhaps he is just letting the fans know that next year our head coach will be one from "The Way"

McDaniels?

I cannot tell if this is going to get better or worse. Yes I know it its not much room left to get worse.

BlackHelicopters 11-08-2012 07:08 AM

I think Vince Lombardi himself would have trouble with this cursed franchise.

King_Chief_Fan 11-08-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097621)
Not happening.

I can see the future and it has been so since January.

do you want to bet?
oh wait, nevermind you won't honor it.

rabblerouser 11-09-2012 03:31 AM

oh, hindsight...you are cruel and ironic ;

I suppose you could write that line and still be objective in your view of a situation, if you were an outside observer. In this case, though, a columnist for the league’s website is serving as a mouthpiece for a general manager. Michael Lombardi and Scott Pioli are as thick as thieves, and if there is an article with that title on the league’s website, it might as well have come from Pioli’s mouth. Haley’s in trouble, and will be scapegoated via Michael Lombardi.'

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...attacking-him/

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-09-2012 04:01 AM

How much money would it take to get that plane and Banner to crash into our offense

WhiteWhale 11-09-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9097569)
Jeeesh, where to begin...

Lombardi was blunt, honest, forthright, pick an honest word.

At some point though, i became convinced he was 100% shilling for pioli... he was the kind of spokesman for THE WAY, that pioli WISHES he was.

But he did atleast implicate pioli with "he wasnt going to take a job where he wasnt in control of every aspect, nothing was going to happen in that building without his ok".

Then he gets to Haley... "his roots werent based in the program, he wasnt buying in, wasnt the right marriage"... thats when i shut it off, every word screamed shill.

THAT is when i really decided that this was a sham, it had pioli favor call all over it... God forbid Haley not buy into this loser ass "program" that only exists in piolis mind, how dare he questions and ask for leeway.

Maybe i heard it wrong, been wrong before, but this time... i doubt it... this was the interview pioli WISHES he could've given.

It's all nonsense anyway. Lombardi IS a Pioli mouthpiece and this was a defense article masquerading as something else.

The team isn't struggling because Haley didn't buy into the 'Patriot way'. The 'patriot way' is an excuse for Pioli to fire him when he really fired him because Haley defiantly stood up against his bullying.