ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Michael Lombardi destroys Scott Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266335)

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 09:27 PM

Michael Lombardi destroys Scott Pioli

Holy shit. This is one of Scott's buddies just absolutely chainsawing him to pieces.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...c=374&f=815361

Quote:

"Romeo...this should have been resolved in the offseason...your expertise is defense, we want your influence on defense, but you need to have Romeo Jr, whoever that is, implementing what you need done. You need to oversee the football team."

"Scott's got all the power, so you don't have to look too far to find the blame."

"Haha...I never understood the signing of Stanford Routt. He's a track guy who can cover as long as the game isn't a contact sport. When I left, Al Davis gave him an enormous contract which no one in the building could understand. I told his agent at the combine if you get that deal you're agent of the decade."

"Even the Raiders, when they came into Kansas City, they had no issue who they were going to go after. Clearly they went after Routt and embarrassed him in the game."

"That was a signing that I looked at this offseason and said I don't get it."

"You decided you didn't want to put all the money into Carr and decided that Stanford Routt at 70 percent of the dollar is a better player. Those are the mistakes that you can't miss on. I don't know what tape they watched on Routt that made them decided he was going to be a competitive player. When you have a corner that doesn't want to tackle, you can never balance your defense. It made no sense given Romeo's style of defense."

"Todd's probably at a better place and more comfortable in that environment. In Cleveland we developed...the Patriot Way didn't start in New England, it started in Cleveland. It's a unique way of doing things and you have to start in it from an early age. When you bring in someone from the outside it becomes difficult to incorporate them into that way of thinking. Todd never bought into that way of thinking and it was a difficult marriage."

"Travis Daniels can't cover any of the Steelers receivers, it's gonna be difficult for them to line up and think they have a chance to stop them. They key for the Chiefs is they have to create some turnovers and get Big Ben moving play on a short field." ROFL

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-07-2012 09:32 PM

I liked the part when Michael said Sean Payton not gonna come here with Pioli.

BossChief 11-07-2012 09:32 PM

hahahahahah

BossChief 11-07-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9097223)
I liked the part when Michael said no real coach is gonna come here with Pioli.

He fired the only one he had to hire a foot shuffling porter.

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 09:35 PM

I love the "haha" right before he begins eviscerating Stanford Routt.

Pioli must have pissed off Lombardi somehow.

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 09:35 PM

MIKE LOMBARDI FOR GM!!!!

rabblerouser 11-07-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097232)

well, the worm had to turn eventually.

stonedstooge 11-07-2012 09:41 PM

Somebody's still pissed about the "Executive of the Year" awards. One of Scotty's own seems to think it was doomed from the start

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097233)
MIKE LOMBARDI FOR GM!!!!

No thanks. His track record isn't any better than Pioli's.

Dayze 11-07-2012 09:44 PM

I helped my wife pick her football teams for her football pool at work; they have to list total points for the MNF game as a tie breaker; I listed a compbined points total of 50.

lol

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9097261)
I helped my wife pick her football teams for her football pool at work; they have to list total points for the MNF game as a tie breaker; I listed a compbined points total of 50.

lol

47-3

Dayze 11-07-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9097297)
47-3

she seemed shocked I listed fitty.

I think it'll be like 44 to 10; or something reeruned like that

Sorter 11-07-2012 09:59 PM

Oh, you know Dex is getting a garbage time TD. :)

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9097301)
she seemed shocked I listed fitty.

I think it'll be like 44 to 10; or something reeruned like that

No offense but I have no idea how the Chiefs will score an offensive touchdown against Pittsburgh on MNF.

They couldn't do it against Tampa Freaking Bay.

Chiefaholic 11-07-2012 10:01 PM

I picked 45 on the MNF thinking 35-10 with the Steelers giving the Chiefs short yardage late in the game to run time off the clock.

Dayze 11-07-2012 10:08 PM

I think 3 FGs, and 1 mercy point.

or it'll be like usual; they'll be dominated the entire game, and in the last 6 minutes of the game get a TD and a FG against Pitt's 2nd stringers.
Wallace against Arenas is going to be brutal. among other disasters.

Chiefs=Champions 11-07-2012 10:10 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q05H0Np10Ys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KcMizzou 11-07-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097232)

I thought they were buddies. (And that he always defended Pioli) Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Buehler445 11-07-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9097312)
No offense but I have no idea how the Chiefs will score an offensive touchdown against Pittsburgh on MNF.

That's where I'm at. Particularly since Cassel shits his pants if an 8th grader blitzes him. And Dick LeBeau (sp?) is a goddamned genius. Not to mention Arenas is slow and Crennel doesn't put best on best, just left and right. And Haley knows this.

The only way I see it happening is if Charles goes apeshit crazy or we get turnovers.

L.A. Chieffan 11-07-2012 10:16 PM

I dont think it was that bad. Couple of second guesses maybe but he didnt come outright and call him shitty or anything

hometeam 11-07-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9097312)

I see what you did there

KcMizzou 11-07-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9097311)
Oh, you know Dex is getting a garbage time TD. :)

Bowe, please... I've got Jordy Nelson on a bye.

:D

DaWolf 11-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097208)
Holy shit. This is one of Scott's buddies just absolutely chainsawing him to pieces.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...c=374&f=815361

To be fair I remember Steven St John insinuating that they were friends in a Lombardi interview months ago and Lombardi made it a point to clarify that he and Scott worked together, but weren't really close. I got the sense from his comment that day that there's no real love lost between those two...

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9097364)
That's where I'm at. Particularly since Cassel shits his pants if an 8th grader blitzes him. And Dick LeBeau (sp?) is a goddamned genius. Not to mention Arenas is slow and Crennel doesn't put best on best, just left and right. And Haley knows this.

The only way I see it happening is if Charles goes apeshit crazy or we get turnovers.

Considering that Todd Haley is more familiar with this personnel than any coach or person on Earth, I'm expecting him to exploit every weakness, offensively and defensively, and help Pittsburgh to utterly destroy the Chiefs and any hope they have for another victory this year.

Buehler445 11-07-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9097382)
Considering that Todd Haley is more familiar with this personnel than any coach or person on Earth, I'm expecting him to exploit every weakness, offensively and defensively, and help Pittsburgh to utterly destroy the Chiefs and any hope they have for another victory this year.

That's what I'm thinking. Even though they probably don't need any inside information to do just that.

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9097380)
To be fair I remember Steven St John insinuating that they were friends in a Lombardi interview months ago and Lombardi made it a point to clarify that he and Scott worked together, but weren't really close. I got the sense from his comment that day that there's no real love lost between those two...

Awesome.

He's always been a fat, balding prick.

Who won't get a cushy media gig for sure when his fraudulent NFL career ends.

Woodchuck 11-07-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9097382)

Yeah but RAC knows him too. RAC tailors his defense to each game. They have sucked this year but, it is a teeny bit valid.

CoMoChief 11-07-2012 10:23 PM

thinking about turning the TV on Mute and just playing Benny Hill music in the background during this next game.

petegz28 11-07-2012 10:24 PM

Did I miss the announcement today that Pioli was fired? The guys in 610 this afternoon were talking like it was a fact that someone new would be picking the new coach and QB for next year.

Woodchuck 11-07-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

That's a good point... However, Lombardi sucked as a GM too so it's kind of meh imo

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9097396)
Did I miss the announcement today that Pioli was fired? The guys in 610 this afternoon were talking like it was a fact that someone new would be picking the new coach and QB for next year.

It's a foregone conclusion at this point.

Pioli is failing at levels we've never seen before.

Not just in team history. In league history.

Buehler445 11-07-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097404)

I'd hate to bet.

The way my year is going, I'm just assuming Pioli RAC and Cassel will be back next year for another round around the merry-go-round.

FAX 11-07-2012 10:30 PM

Mr. Woodsponge Chuckpants is correct. Roleo tailors his defense to each game. In some games, he focuses on giving up the 40 yard run followed by the 20 yard run, the 11 yard run, and the 20 yard pass for the touchdown. In other games, he prefers to allow the unmolested passing attack combined with no tackling.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9097389)
Yeah but RAC knows him too. RAC tailors his defense to each game. They have sucked this year but, it is a teeny bit valid.

Yeah, RAC tailors his defense to give up 42 points a game.

The man is a fat genius.

Does it hurt your brain when you type this shit or is it just us readers?

Sorter 11-07-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9097410)
Mr. Woodsponge Chuckpants is correct. Roleo tailors his defense to each game. In some games, he focuses on giving up the 40 yard run followed by the 20 yard run, the 11 yard run, and the 20 yard pass for the touchdown. In other games, he prefers to allow the unmolested passing attack combined with no tackling.

FAX

I have a feeling this is a TE game. Heath Miller decides to wreck some fools.

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9097412)
I have a feeling this is a TE game. Heath Miller decides to wreck some fools.

I'm expecting Leonard Pope to have a big game.

Just because.

Buehler445 11-07-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9097414)

Just because.

Heh. I saw he was with Pitt and caught his first TD for the season a week or so ago. Good point. I bet he puts up at least a TD.

DaWolf 11-07-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097404)

It's a foregone conclusion for everyone in their right mind.

And then you remember that this is the Chiefs we're talking about...

Sorter 11-07-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9097414)

Just because.

Oh, you KNOW Todd is going to get him a redzone TD.

Ace Gunner 11-07-2012 10:49 PM

"here's what fans have to understand.... Scott has all the authority.... Clark Hunt believes in the structure organizationally and is comfortable with how he set it up -- his GM has all the authority, Carl Peterson had it before Scott, that's the way it is -- you can go back to Marty and Carl having arguments about the line of demarcation in the building"

so, "not together is powerful" ???

petegz28 11-07-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9097410)

FAX

Mr. Fax, you sell RAC short. He is HC now! You totally left out his offensive infulence. While you point out, correctly I might add, that we don't tackle, cover the pass or stop the run, we make up for it in spades on offense by not ever scoring. Please do not sell RAC short again.

Sorter 11-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9097460)
Mr. Fax, you sell RAC short. He is HC now! You totally left out his offensive infulence. While you point out, correctly I might add, that we don't tackle, cover the pass or stop the run, we make up for it in spades on offense by not ever scoring. Please do not sell RAC short again.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/29842764.jpg

petegz28 11-07-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9097473)

If the object of the game was to get as close as you possibly could to taking a lead then ****ing it up...we would be champs!

Easy 6 11-07-2012 11:48 PM

Jeeesh, where to begin...

Lombardi was blunt, honest, forthright, pick an honest word.

At some point though, i became convinced he was 100% shilling for pioli... he was the kind of spokesman for THE WAY, that pioli WISHES he was.

But he did atleast implicate pioli with "he wasnt going to take a job where he wasnt in control of every aspect, nothing was going to happen in that building without his ok".

Then he gets to Haley... "his roots werent based in the program, he wasnt buying in, wasnt the right marriage"... thats when i shut it off, every word screamed shill.

THAT is when i really decided that this was a sham, it had pioli favor call all over it... God forbid Haley not buy into this loser ass "program" that only exists in piolis mind, how dare he questions and ask for leeway.

Maybe i heard it wrong, been wrong before, but this time... i doubt it... this was the interview pioli WISHES he could've given.

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 11:50 PM

It wasn't a freaking sham.

He nailed Pioli to the wall over Routt and Romeo.

Scott is melting.

petegz28 11-07-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097575)
It wasn't a freaking sham.

He nailed Pioli to the wall over Routt and Romeo.

Scott is melting.

Dude, we are going to have to put you on suicide watch when we find out for sure that Pioli was extended last year and will be our GM for 3 more years.

mcaj22 11-07-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9097569)

At some point though, i became convinced he was 100% shilling for pioli... he was the kind of spokesman for THE WAY, that pioli WISHES he was.

But he did atleast implicate pioli with "he wasnt going to take a job where he wasnt in control of every aspect, nothing was going to happen in that building without his ok".

Then he gets to Haley... "his roots werent based in the program, he wasnt buying in, wasnt the right marriage"... thats when i shut it off, every word screamed shill.

THAT is when i really decided that this was a sham, it had pioli favor call all over it... God forbid Haley not buy into this loser ass "program" that only exists in piolis mind, how dare he questions and ask for leeway.

Maybe i heard it wrong, been wrong before, but this time... i doubt it... this was the interview pioli WISHES he could've given.

thats essentially what i got out of it as well

Lombardi helping his buddy out

the obvious mistake was Routt at 70 percent of the dollar, when Pioli probably regrets not drafting a CB in the first or second round to cover his ass

Hammock Parties 11-08-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9097581)
Dude, we are going to have to put you on suicide watch when we find out for sure that Pioli was extended last year and will be our GM for 3 more years.

Not happening.

I can see the future and it has been so since January.

MMXcalibur 11-08-2012 12:10 AM

The sooner this entire franchise is given an enema, the better. We don't deserve this incompetence...

Dayze 11-08-2012 12:15 AM

I can't imagine the town's reaction if he was extended. well, I 'could', but I wonder how big the mushroom cloud would be.

Tribal Warfare 11-08-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9097644)
I can't imagine the town's reaction if he was extended. well, I 'could', but I wonder how big the mushroom cloud would be.

It would be anger then Arrowhead will be a ghost town due to apathy.

ncCHIEFfan 11-08-2012 05:35 AM

For Lombardi to speak like he did ( very honestly ) , do you guys think he is trying to get back in game?

Maybe even looking at KC for his chance?

ncCHIEFfan 11-08-2012 05:40 AM

or perhaps he is just letting the fans know that next year our head coach will be one from "The Way"

McDaniels?

I cannot tell if this is going to get better or worse. Yes I know it its not much room left to get worse.

BlackHelicopters 11-08-2012 07:08 AM

I think Vince Lombardi himself would have trouble with this cursed franchise.

King_Chief_Fan 11-08-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097621)
Not happening.

I can see the future and it has been so since January.

do you want to bet?
oh wait, nevermind you won't honor it.

rabblerouser 11-09-2012 03:31 AM

oh, hindsight...you are cruel and ironic ;

I suppose you could write that line and still be objective in your view of a situation, if you were an outside observer. In this case, though, a columnist for the league’s website is serving as a mouthpiece for a general manager. Michael Lombardi and Scott Pioli are as thick as thieves, and if there is an article with that title on the league’s website, it might as well have come from Pioli’s mouth. Haley’s in trouble, and will be scapegoated via Michael Lombardi.'

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...attacking-him/

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-09-2012 04:01 AM

How much money would it take to get that plane and Banner to crash into our offense

WhiteWhale 11-09-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9097569)

It's all nonsense anyway. Lombardi IS a Pioli mouthpiece and this was a defense article masquerading as something else.

The team isn't struggling because Haley didn't buy into the 'Patriot way'. The 'patriot way' is an excuse for Pioli to fire him when he really fired him because Haley defiantly stood up against his bullying.