ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My game take and I ask , Are the Chiefs soft ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147439)

ROYC75 09-10-2006 11:42 PM

My game take and I ask , Are the Chiefs soft ?

Herm took it easy on the guys in TC. Are we soft ? We had injuries to the OL in TC, along with John and Willie retirements. Could it be that Solari didn't get to spend the time with the OL as years before ? Solari is going thru a learning experence as OC with this team as well, that's on the job training.

We all know it starts up front, on the OL and the DL. The fumbles by Huard were just as much the OL's fault as Huard.

The play calling was horrible. The 2nd drive was good until the 3rd and 5 call where we run it instead of passing it. Damn, didn't that remind you of Martyball with Jimmy Raye calling the plays.

But that drive, we ran it well and passed it well until that 3 & 5 call.We moved the ball easily at that point. Even the 1st series we moved the ball but the fumble killed us. The rest of the game we got away from that mixture of play calling.

I do feel the D was much better than last year. Without a doubt, we must be able to stop the no huddle offense, we just seem to be out of place .

We sucked today.......... I fear it is going to be a very long season. It's an even year to boot. We hardly ever do well in even years and we have never had a new HC take us to the playoffs in their 1st year.

Halfcan 09-10-2006 11:49 PM

Herm was too easy on them in Training camp-and it showed.

Phobia 09-10-2006 11:51 PM

Herm was easy on them? I don't see that.

I do think the team is soft but I think that's an attitude brought by DV and one that Herm is trying to combat.

OnTheWarpath15 09-10-2006 11:51 PM

I'm much more concerned with the O at this point. OL was beyond bad. I agree that the 3rd-and-5 playcall really changed the game.....LJ getting <20 carries in any game, much less one in the rain is unacceptable.

I thought the D played decent. 10 points from a short field, (thanks Dante and Colquitt)

Had you told me before the game that:

Palmer < 130 passing, 0 TD

Rudi < 100 rushing

Chad < 50 receiving, 0 TD

I would have been shocked. Can't pin this one on the D.......

ChiefFan31 09-10-2006 11:53 PM

Try not to Doom and Gloom, although it is tough considering we are going to Denver next week.

Give the guys a chance, as far as the coaching.

But your right to Despair about line play IMO.

Turley holds his own so to speak, but he still gets tossed around too much. I really do hope he is able to add that extra ten pounds that has been talked about so much.

Sampson isnt the best, but has to be better than I-65 playing RT. Hopefully we get him back next week.

I am hoping that the D-Line will step up as the season progresses. Did you see Sims getting fired up today? Kinda funny...

Bugeater 09-10-2006 11:53 PM

I always thought the DV Chiefs were soft. No killer instinct. If you're implying that Herm's Chiefs are even softer, that's a scary thought. :eek:

007 09-10-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
I always thought the DV Chiefs were soft. No killer instinct. If you're implying that Herm's Chiefs are even softer, that's a scary thought. :eek:

DVs offense had a killer instinct. Are you kidding me?

Tribal Warfare 09-10-2006 11:55 PM

I don't think they're "soft" KC looked pretty stout on the defensive side of the ball, but the O-line lost them the game plain and simple.

greg63 09-10-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

???? :hmmm:

Bugeater 09-10-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru

The team as a whole didn't. How many times did they let an opponent back into a game? Philly last year comes to mind...

greg63 09-11-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Ditto!

007 09-11-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

The team as a whole didn't. How many times did they let an opponent back into a game? Philly last year comes to mind...

PHilly was an abirition. (sp)

The defense sucked.

The O had a killer instinct.

Bugeater 09-11-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
???? :hmmm:

!!!! :harumph:

Bugeater 09-11-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

PHilly was an abirition. (sp)