ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bill Kuharich (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266340)

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 10:12 AM

Can we get out of this endless cycle of hiring all these broke dick ****ing NFL retreads from the past 30 years?

These guys are fired/available for hiring for a reason. They are too ****ing old, too set in the past and don't have shit to bring to the table in terms of advancing the state of football to the point of modernization.

Let's bring in some new blood. I am totally sick of these ****ing broke dick halfwits.

GM: Marc Ross
- Current Director of College Scouting for the NY Giants. 39, smart as hell and has proven he's got an eye for talent.

HC: Brian Kelly
- Current HC at Notre Dame who's done wonders with both the Golden Domers and Cincy.

OC: Bobby Petrino, former Arkansas HC
- While I wouldn't want Bobby anywhere near a HC job, the guy can call a kick ass offense than wins and pushes the ball up and down the field.

DC: Dick Bumpus, TCU
- One of the most innovative and successful people on the defensive side of the ball at any level.

There you go. Wasn't that easy?

milkman 12-19-2012 10:13 AM

I am probably in the minority here, but I would definitely be on board if Kuharich were looked at.

I think he was under appreciated for the job he did here.

My only real concern in retaining and promting him back in'09 was that he'd keep Herman ****ing Edwards on as HC.

But I liked hm a hell of a lot more even then than Pioli.

KurtCobain 12-19-2012 10:13 AM

No to a college staff.

milkman 12-19-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9223604)
Can we get out of this endless cycle of hiring all these broke dick ****ing NFL retreads from the past 30 years?

These guys are fired/available for hiring for a reason. They are too ****ing old, too set in the past and don't have shit to bring to the table in terms of advancing the state of football to the point of modernization.

Let's bring in some new blood. I am totally sick of these ****ing broke dick halfwits.

GM: Marc Ross
- Current Director of College Scouting for the NY Giants. 39, smart as hell and has proven he's got an eye for talent.

HC: Brian Kelly
- Current HC at Notre Dame who's done wonders with both the Golden Domers and Cincy.

OC: Bobby Petrino, former Arkansas HC
- While I wouldn't want Bobby anywhere near a HC job, the guy can call a kick ass offense than wins and pushes the ball up and down the field.

DC: Dick Bumpus, TCU
- One of the most innovative and successful people on the defensive side of the ball at any level.

There you go. Wasn't that easy?

I've been on the Ross for GM bandwagon for a while.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Brian Kelley leaves ND.

I'd take David Shaw as an option, and a guy that really intrigues me that no one talks about is Marc Trestman.

KurtCobain 12-19-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9223617)

This. He has a chance to build a dynasty and be a legend there.

Lex Luthor 12-19-2012 10:19 AM

I just HOPE the debate is Kuharich versus Ross versus Polian, and NOT why the hell didn't Clark fire Pioli.

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9223608)
No to a college staff.

Stunning. Thanks for the detailed and comphrensive response.

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9223628)
This. He has a chance to build a dynasty and be a legend there.

He has a chance to build a dynasty and be a legend here.

Your point?

Lex Luthor 12-19-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

That would be just fine with me.

Quote:

Complete agree. Notre Dame is his dream job. There's no way he leaves it.

Quote:

I'd take David Shaw as an option,

Hadn't really considered him, but if he learned anything from Harbaugh, I could live with that.

Quote:

and a guy that really intrigues me that no one talks about is Marc Trestman.

Hadn't really considered him either, but if he's anything like Marv Levy, I could live with that too.

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

I'd take David Shaw as an option, and a guy that really intrigues me that no one talks about is Marc Trestman.

Trestman is the coaching equivilent of Warren Moon.

Actually, the guy wouldn't be a bad choice at all. He's been a pretty good/really good OC from what I remember and he's showing he can be a good coach up in Canada.

I wouldn't mind Trestman one single bit, especially with a new QB such as Geno Smith.

Lex Luthor 12-19-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9223657)
He has a chance to build a dynasty and be a legend here.

Your point?

Brian Kelly has wanted to coach at Notre Dame his entire life.

He's already well on his way to being a legend there. Do you really think he has a realistic chance of building a dynasty with the Chiefs?

Really?

Titty Meat 12-19-2012 10:30 AM

Kelly is a good coach but let's not act like winning at Notre Dame is hard to do. I havent really seen anything that screams "NFL" with Brian Kelly and he has no NFL background.

Shaw would be a great hire. He coached Andrew Luck and Stanford has actually gotten a bit better since Harbaugh left. Shaw also runs a pro style offense. I would love to hire Shaw but it will be hard to get him from his alma mater.

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9223673)
Brian Kelly has wanted to coach at Notre Dame his entire life.

He's already well on his way to being a legend there. Do you really think he has a realistic chance of building a dynasty with the Chiefs?

Really?

I wouldn't know that. I've never spoke to the guy and it's not like he's an alumni or anything.

And as bad as Notre Dame was record wise under Charlie Weis, it's not like he stepped into a perfect transition at Notre Dame. And I think he did an excellent job at Cincinnati.

And let's face facts - nobody knew this guy before this past year. One good year at Notre Dame and now he's "the dynasty?"

Rausch 12-19-2012 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9223675)
Kelly is a good coach but let's not act like winning at Notre Dame is hard to do.

:spock:

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9223675)
Kelly is a good coach but let's not act like winning at Notre Dame is hard to do. I havent really seen anything that screams "NFL" with Brian Kelly and he has no NFL background.

Shaw would be a great hire. He coached Andrew Luck and Stanford has actually gotten a bit better since Harbaugh left. Shaw also runs a pro style offense. I would love to hire Shaw but it will be hard to get him from his alma mater.

See? That makes more sense than the Kelly argument.

And even though Kelly doesn't have NFL experience, I don't think that's a negative. The guy can coach football. And the NFL is simply littered with ****ing halfwit retreads that get jobs just because "they've worked in the NFL before" - your exact reasoning why Kelly shouldn't be hired.

Guys like Crennel and Daboll can continue to get high level coaching jobs in the NFL simply because GM's and owners are terrified of going outside the system and can't imagine innovation and modernization. Because most of the owners are old, crusty ****ers who've lived the past 30 years in the NFL. I mean, because of the logic you've given, Brian Daboll continues to have a job in the NFL. That's some seriously ****ed up, dipshit, closeminded logic.