ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

evenfall 11-30-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8156616)
Wazzu has a conference that is expanding, not crumbling. I will be very happy with any of the three Venables, Sykes, Fedore... but not sure any of them will be clamouring to get to Lawrence unless they are blown away with a great offer.

You must not have heard about all the upgrades the Big 12 is making these days ;)

Saulbadguy 11-30-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8156574)
UCLA will always be little brother to USC. Maybe he would rather be on the coast.

LMAO

Braincase 11-30-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8156623)
You must not have heard about all the upgrades the Big 12 is making these days ;)

No doubt. We got rid of Missouri! Woot!

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-30-2011 03:07 PM

K-State might not have gotten "It's Patterson!" But the Big XII certainly did.

Reerun_KC 11-30-2011 04:38 PM

Well whos next on the list?

Saul Good 11-30-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8156562)
Head-scratcher.

What's Wazzu have that KU doesn't? I mean that in all seriousness; that program sucks.

At least at KU, he'd be able to use his old recruiting ties and take shots at TTU every year.

That seems like a pretty bizarre decision. UCLA makes sense (more upside, likely more $$), but WSU just seems lateral at best.

Go get Sonny Dykes.

Their team sucks, but their program doesn't over the past 20 years. 4 top 10 finishes in the last 2 decades is nothing to sneeze at.

KC_Connection 11-30-2011 05:00 PM

KU should crawl back to Mangino and apologize.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-30-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8156995)
KU should crawl back to Mangino and apologize.

Fortunately for KU, Mangino would tell them to go **** themselves.

Mr. Plow 11-30-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8156961)
Their team sucks, but their program doesn't over the past 20 years. 4 top 10 finishes in the last 2 decades is nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah, WSU is a powerhouse compared to KU. :)

mikeyis4dcats. 11-30-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8156562)
Head-scratcher.

What's Wazzu have that KU doesn't? I mean that in all seriousness; that program sucks.

At least at KU, he'd be able to use his old recruiting ties and take shots at TTU every year.

That seems like a pretty bizarre decision. UCLA makes sense (more upside, likely more $$), but WSU just seems lateral at best.

Go get Sonny Dykes.

Personally I think he wanted out of the Big 12. Everywhere he goes in the conference he'd be "that guy that put Adam James in a closet and got fired, then sued TTU and ESPN." At Wazzu, he's just Mike Leach.

Braincase 11-30-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8157539)
Personally I think he wanted out of the Big 12. Everywhere he goes in the conference he'd be "that guy that put Adam James in a closet and got fired, then sued TTU and ESPN." At Wazzu, he's just Mike Leach.

No matter where he goes, that stuff is going to pop up.

|Zach| 11-30-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

The internet disagrees.

Bambi 11-30-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

yep. The more you think about it the more this is becoming very obvious.

Funny how that works.

Braincase 11-30-2011 10:43 PM

So, Leach is a no go. Who is the next best option?

Buehler445 12-01-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8153584)
Okay - another legitimate question - is there any actual animus towards him?

For instance, I think Herm's a dolt of a head coach, but a legitimately nice guy. He was a guy that I really wanted to see succeed but damn if he couldn't just stay out of his own way.

KU fans seem to hate Gill right now, and I suppose with good reason. But is he the kind of guy you really want to essentially expunge from existence? I mean it's not like he Quin Snydered you fellas or anything. He didn't bring in a bunch of women beaters and rapists, didn't do coke, put you on probation or nail a player's girlfriend. If nothing else, he was a damn fine representative for your program. Does that spare him any barbs here or is it pretty much just raw, unadulterated hate?

There just seems to be a lot of personal venom towards Gill. I know he was a shitty coach, but damn, he didn't go all Sandusky or anything.

Well, it's a varying degree of hate, but I'd put it on a scale just above Herm. But I hate Herm more than you do.

From my perspective, I hate him as much as anyone would who is a fan of a program that spent years in the cellar, appeared to be climbing the hell out and in the space of 2 years, is farther down in the cellar than they have been in my lifetime.

He's probably a nice guy, but he was an embarrassment to the university and absolutely murdered any progress we had made as a program.