ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop DTV issues...Help needed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276714)

Nzoner 09-27-2013 07:32 AM

DTV issues...Help needed

Any of you with DTV ever get a 775 code-unable to make connection with dish?

I have 10 receivers and it's only happening on the one in my bedroom.Thankfully I have the DTV protection plan but here's the problem they've now sent techs out 4 times and each time the problem goes away for a few days and then starts up again.

They have me assigned to a case manager but even these guys are clueless so I was hoping maybe someone had been thru this and had a resolution.

TIA.

vailpass 09-27-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10024120)

I have 10 receivers and it's only happening on the one in my bedroom.Thankfully I have the DTV protection plan but here's the problem they've now sent techs out 4 times and each time the problem goes away for a few days and then starts up again.

They have me assigned to a case manager but even these guys are clueless so I was hoping maybe someone had been thru this and had a resolution.

TIA.

Call, get Customer Retention. Be polite but firm, you're a big customer. Ask them what they can do to retain your business.

Johnny Vegas 09-27-2013 07:39 AM

was the receiver thats doing ever get replaced or is it the same one from day one?

bevischief 09-27-2013 07:39 AM

What have they done so far?

Nzoner 09-27-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10024136)
Call, get Customer Retention. Be polite but firm, you're a big customer. Ask them what they can do to retain your business.

Yeah I'm aware of this,don't normally scream too loud but they're going to make this one right.

Nzoner 09-27-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 10024143)
was the receiver thats doing ever get replaced or is it the same one from day one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 10024144)
What have they done so far?

3rd receiver and 2nd new cable according to tech

GESteve 09-27-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10024120)

TIA.

That sounds like a problem with your SWIM box. I get this error all the time since I upgraded to Genie. I have to go into the attic and unplug the box and it will reset. Most of the time I have to reset the main receiver or I will get a message saying that it cannot locate the server. Pain in the ass

vailpass 09-27-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10024160)
Yeah I'm aware of this,don't normally scream too loud but they're going to make this one right.

Sorry to repeat what you know. I too keep multiple dishes and I go to CR when I have an issue. They have the most resources, I don't care to **** around. In my experience the less you scream the more you get.

Nzoner 09-27-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GESteve (Post 10024171)
That sounds like a problem with your SWIM box. I get this error all the time since I upgraded to Genie. I have to go into the attic and unplug the box and it will reset. Most of the time I have to reset the main receiver or I will get a message saying that it cannot locate the server. Pain in the ass

Pain in the ass is right,can't even DVR from this receiver because you never know when the signal will be interrupted.

BossChief 09-27-2013 10:16 AM

Problem communicating with the dish is usually a power inserter problem.

DaneMcCloud 09-27-2013 10:36 AM

I had this same issue last summer. Since I have the protection plan and the tech couldn't isolate the issue, he replaced all my exterior cabling (I don't have an attic), the SWIM box and power supply. He ended up replacing the offending box as well.

I've had Direct TV since 2003 and I think their customer service is second to none. Good luck!

Nzoner 09-27-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10024498)
Problem communicating with the dish is usually a power inserter problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10024555)
I had this same issue last summer. Since I have the protection plan and the tech couldn't isolate the issue, he replaced all my exterior cabling (I don't have an attic), the SWIM box and power supply. He ended up replacing the offending box as well.

I've had Direct TV since 2003 and I think their customer service is second to none. Good luck!

If case management ever calls back I will share this with them,thanks guys.

Buehler445 09-27-2013 02:11 PM

OK, first, YOU HAVE 10 ****ING RECEIVERS? MY GOD MAN!

Sounds like a bad connection or cable to me. The route Dane had to go through is what I would be working to get. It only takes a microscopic amount of corrosion or damaged wire to kill it, then it will work fine for awhile.

Nzoner 09-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10025002)
OK, first, YOU HAVE 10 ****ING RECEIVERS? MY GOD MAN!

Sounds like a bad connection or cable to me. The route Dane had to go through is what I would be working to get. It only takes a microscopic amount of corrosion or damaged wire to kill it, then it will work fine for awhile.

The cable runs from the garage over to my building through the attic and into a room which has the multi-switches in it,a good 40 or so feet.The cable has been there for 14 years now and one of the techs was like maybe a mouse or something has chewed the cable but yet no one has considered replacing all the cable. :banghead:

IA_Chiefs_fan 09-27-2013 02:29 PM

I had a 775 error that seemed to be fixed and then the issue came back the next day. A very good tech came the second time and took issue with the way the first guy left the connectors vulnerable to moisture running down and in to them. He ran new cables, left drip loops and fixed the issue.