ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fantasy Football FFL: Roster Thoughts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212157)

Mile High Mania 08-18-2009 02:29 PM

FFL: Roster Thoughts

Ok, last night we had the first draft in a new dynasty league - contract/salary cap with IDP and flex for both offense and IDP.

27 round draft - 10 teams - 12 starters and you can have 1 taxi (practice squad spot) for a rookie. High performance scoring.

I had picks 10 and 11 intially (so I had B2B picks throughout at the turn for odd/even rounds)and my strategy was shot to hell early... take a look and let me know your thoughts. My goal was not to wait until R4 to go RB, but based on the early run and then the 3 WRs going in R1... I had to change my plans.

Overall - I would like to upgrade spots at RB, but I am comfortable right now because I think I'm set pretty well at each of the other spots.

Fire away! The round drafted for the first 10 is in ( ). I started IDP in R12.. again, this was not my strategy, but I'm happy with it.

QB
Brees (1)
Roethlisberger (9)
Stafford

RB
Kevin Smith (4)
K Moreno (6)
R Bush (8)
C Buckhalter
J Norwood
E Graham
J Harrison

WR
R Moss (2)
A Boldin (3)
DeSean Jackson (5)
L Coles
Percy Harvin (10)
B Robiskie

TE
Owen Daniels (7)
Vernon Davis

K
Mason Crosby

DL
Trent Cole
Julius Peppers

LB
Karlos Dansby
Paul Posluszny
Stephen Cooper
AJ Hawk

DB
Adrian Wilson
Cortland Finnegan

The Franchise 08-18-2009 02:31 PM

Obviously your RBs are your weak spot right now.....but they could turn out to be decent.

Is this a PPR league?

Mile High Mania 08-18-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 5982703)
Obviously your RBs are your weak spot right now.....but they could turn out to be decent.

Is this a PPR league?

Yeah, PPR - lots of scoring to be done in this one.

RB has good upside with Smith and Moreno... not a fan of Reggie, but at that value and as a #3, potential flex - I do like him, esp with Brees as my QB.

I had a list of RBs that I did not want to take before R2... and I held my ground. I've played in similar leagues and if I'm set up well at QB, WR and TE... I can ride out the issues at RB.

Was "iffy" on the Harvin pick, but I like it.

The Franchise 08-18-2009 02:35 PM

If it's PPR....then you should be pretty good....especially with Bush as a flex.

Mile High Mania 08-18-2009 02:36 PM

IDPs started falling in mid R6 - way too early if you ask me, and at least 3 popped each round before I finally jumped in during R12. I was surprised that I actually waited that long, but I don't think I lost much value.

Buck 08-18-2009 02:47 PM

Your defense is garbage, but offense looks pretty good, as long as your boy Moreno delivers.

Mile High Mania 08-18-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5982762)
Your defense is garbage, but offense looks pretty good, as long as your boy Moreno delivers.

:LOL: Garbage? Right...

CupidStunt 08-18-2009 03:54 PM

The most important piece of information you didn't give is the scoring for passing TDs. If it's six, I can forgive you for taking Brees, even though I think it's a mistake. If it's four, I think you made an absolutely terrible pick and your team will struggle for it.

Mile High Mania 08-18-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 5983076)
The most important piece of information you didn't give is the scoring for passing TDs. If it's six, I can forgive you for taking Brees, even though I think it's a mistake. If it's four, I think you made an absolutely terrible pick and your team will struggle for it.

I realize scoring plays a big role in judging, but it's too complicated to post. I think Brees was the wise choice from a dynasty standpoint considering my other targets for WR/RB and what I could get in Rounds 3-5.

All TDs are 6... bonus for big scores, over 40 / 50 / 60 (1, 2, 3 pt bonus respectiely). 3pt bonus for 300+ yd game.

Buck 08-18-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5983092)
I realize scoring plays a big role in judging, but it's too complicated to post. I think Brees was the wise choice from a dynasty standpoint considering my other targets for WR/RB and what I could get in Rounds 3-5.

All TDs are 6... bonus for big scores, over 40 / 50 / 60 (1, 2, 3 pt bonus respectiely). 3pt bonus for 300+ yd game.

I've never done IDP actually, so I don't know.

Your DL look good, but the rest....I don't know.

Mile High Mania 08-18-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5983238)
I've never done IDP actually, so I don't know.

Your DL look good, but the rest....I don't know.

Yeah - the DL should be rock solid. Wilson has been 'hit and miss', but I think Finnegan should be very good this year. I do like the LBs... I didn't jump into the initial run, but even though I waited, there's nice talent there. We'll see.