ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Kiper and McShay on the 14 QB Class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278026)

Chief Roundup 10-30-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10139014)
ROFL

Of course the Chiefs get the #1 overall pick in the overall weakest draft in recent memory.....right in between two incredibly strong QB drafts.

Not what the article says. This draft is not very good at QB. Has a lot of average QBs or depth. Not high quality.

Sorter 10-30-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy is a Troll (Post 10140589)
Ok. Not sure if serious. Im not an Alex Smith fan. And I've been one of Fisher's biggest critics. Mariota probably isn't even an option, but id take him in the late first. Though preferably Manziel if he's there. Id consider Hundley as well. Id roll the dice on Murray, Mettenberger, or Carr in the middle rounds too. But Logan Thomas is a disaster. Shouldn't even be invited to a training camp. Morris won't even start in the NFL.

I haven't watched many of these QBs yet, sans Mariota (mostly last year though) but Mettenberger has really impressed, especially if you're a Coryell system.

Nightfyre 10-30-2013 07:45 PM

Sorter, why don't you answer my PMs?!

Sorter 10-30-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10142485)
Sorter, why don't you answer my PMs?!

I'm going to answer your PM here since I think it's a great question. Feel free to post it if you wish.

From what I've seen in the past 3 games (without breaking down the film), it seems that we've utilized more outside/inside zone plays and resorting to power (WGP) on short yard sits primarily. I'm biased but definitely think that utilizing more ZB(especially out of off-set I to include Sherman) is the way to go for the personnel KC has at this stage. I love the power play, pulling guards/tackles, using inside wham and trap concepts (ala the 49ers) but I haven't seen anything from this team that makes me think it can be done consistently.

Given the fact that KC since Weis has utilized both outside/inside zone plays (IZ with backside wham typically), I think it'd be best to utilize this personnel (given their experience and physical tools) in that philosophy.

As far as packaging it with Levels, I'd like to see more of it (biased as well, I think it's a fantastic concept that provides 2 min cov beaters on both sides of the field). However, what I'd really like to see more of is PA screens from "heavier" personnel grouping and alignments. While I'd also like to see us use more ZB, I'd still like to keep a healthy dose of power concepts and increase the use of PA w/i the tackles (i.e. PA with a pulling guard).

Nightfyre 10-30-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10142547)
I'm going to answer your PM here since I think it's a great question. Feel free to post it if you wish.

From what I've seen in the past 3 games (without breaking down the film), it seems that we've utilized more outside/inside zone plays and resorting to power (WGP) on short yard sits primarily. I'm biased but definitely think that utilizing more ZB(especially out of off-set I to include Sherman) is the way to go for the personnel KC has at this stage. I love the power play, pulling guards/tackles, using inside wham and trap concepts (ala the 49ers) but I haven't seen anything from this team that makes me think it can be done consistently.

Given the fact that KC since Weis has utilized both outside/inside zone plays (IZ with backside wham typically), I think it'd be best to utilize this personnel (given their experience and physical tools) in that philosophy.

As far as packaging it with Levels, I'd like to see more of it (biased as well, I think it's a fantastic concept that provides 2 min cov beaters on both sides of the field). However, what I'd really like to see more of is PA screens from "heavier" personnel grouping and alignments. While I'd also like to see us use more ZB, I'd still like to keep a healthy dose of power concepts and increase the use of PA w/i the tackles (i.e. PA with a pulling guard).

So why do you suppose the offensive line isn't performing as well as they have in the past couple years? Is it purely scheme/technical differences? If so, why hasn't it improved or changed? The thing is, I think Albert/Hudson/Asamoah are all above average. Fisher has huge upside, but is a mess technically. Jeff Allen is a sinkhole at guard, but still we have the personnel to effectively run and pass block - so why isn't it ****ing working?

Sorter 10-30-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10142617)
So why do you suppose the offensive line isn't performing as well as they have in the past couple years? Is it purely scheme/technical differences? If so, why hasn't it improved or changed? The thing is, I think Albert/Hudson/Asamoah are all above average. Fisher has huge upside, but is a mess technically. Jeff Allen is a sinkhole at guard, but still we have the personnel to effectively run and pass block - so why isn't it ****ing working?

I really have no idea right now. I've got some free time this weekend. I'll probably try to wrap up my Giants post and watch the past 2-3 games.

Molitoth 10-31-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10137709)
I stopped reading when I got to this

No doubt. I have no idea how a converted WR that played in the B12 as QB for 2 season gets that high of a grade. He wasn't even stellar.

I'm not a Manziel fan, and I'd take him any day over Tannehill.

whoman69 10-31-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10143460)
No doubt. I have no idea how a converted WR that played in the B12 as QB for 2 season gets that high of a grade. He wasn't even stellar.

I'm not a Manziel fan, and I'd take him any day over Tannehill.

Manziel is too much a hot dog. I think he'll end up like Tebow but for different reasons.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10145387)
Manziel is too much a hot dog. I think he'll end up like Tebow but for different reasons.

He looks like a rock-a-billy bassist.

Mav 11-01-2013 01:46 AM

Teddy Bridgewater.

Hes the only franchise qb in this draft class in my opinion.

he is essentially Luck lite. He will never be as good as Luck, but he will be very good.

10-12 year franchise qb.

The rest of the draft class can die in a fire.

O.city 11-02-2013 10:13 AM

All in on Derek Carr in the 3 round

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-02-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10146121)
Teddy Bridgewater.

he is essentially Luck lite. He will never be as good as Luck, but he will be very good.

10-12 year franchise qb.

Sounds too much like "Blackledge"/True Fan

Chief Roundup 11-02-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10146121)
Teddy Bridgewater.

10-12 year franchise qb.

Wonder what the chances are that he is available in the mid 20's of the 1st round. That is the only way we will have a shot at him.

O.city 11-02-2013 08:42 PM

Fresno st Nevada on espnu, Derek Carr qb for Fresno is my guy at qb this year.

Tribal Warfare 11-18-2013 04:09 PM

I'm starting to really like Blake Bortles as a potential QB prospect