ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Park workers fired after peeing in Old Faithful (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207793)

Bwana 05-17-2009 10:27 AM

Park workers fired after peeing in Old Faithful

This reminds me of some dipshit move Hootie would pull.

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Two seasonal Yellowstone National Park concession workers have been fired after a live webcam caught them urinating into the Old Faithful geyser.

Park spokesman Al Nash said a 23-year-old man on Tuesday was fined $750 and placed on three years of unsupervised probation for urinating, being off trail in a restricted area and taking items from the area. The man also was banned from Yellowstone for two years.

The second employee's case is pending.

The park's dispatch center was called after someone watching a webcam on the geyser saw six employees leaving the trail and walking on Old Faithful on May 4.

The geyser was not erupting at the time.

Xanterra Parks & Resorts general manager Jim McCaleb said the former concession workers were hired at the Old Faithful Inn and that such incidents were rare.

Mr. Krab 05-17-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772599)
The geyser was not erupting at the time.

Now what would of really been impressive is peeing in there during eruption.

Frazod 05-17-2009 10:46 AM

I saw this a couple of days ago. Idiots. The ground in very unstable in the geyser basin, and as employees they should have damn well known that. They're lucky the didn't fall through and get steam-cooked to death.

bigbucks24 05-17-2009 10:49 AM

But But But, it wasn't his fault. They fired him for nothing. Besides, he had just finished the drinks that he bought and he wasn't leving the park until he pee'd. Another case of Smokey the Bear keeping the peeing man down. Think he sholud fight this?

Bwana 05-17-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5772618)

Indeed and as a bonus, they would have been a one trick pony.

Bwana 05-17-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5772619)
I saw this a couple of days ago. Idiots. The ground in very unstable in the geyser basin, and as employees they should have damn well known that. They're lucky the didn't fall through and get steam-cooked to death.

Very lucky.

You have morons like this and people that think the Park is a giant petting zoo. Much to the horror of several tourists every year, bison are not only wild and have a nasty disposition, but can move very fast. ROFL

"Johnny, go stand next to the bison and I'll take your picture." "ON SHIT!"

chasedude 05-17-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5772618)

Too bad, would have made a great Darwin Award.

RJ 05-17-2009 11:38 AM

It's probably hard to resist pissing in a geyser. Kinda like writing your name in the snow.

Not that I condone the practice, of course.

bringbackmarty 05-17-2009 11:42 AM

Okay, probably the biggest and worst prank I have ever pulled in my life. Twenty or so years ago when I was in middle school me and a friend emptied 2 bottles of dish detergent in the middle of the night into one of the geysers. To this day it amazes me that we didn't get caught. There were suds everywhere. I don't think it was old faithful, I think we might have been camping at west thumb.

Tits McGee 05-17-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 5772663)
Okay, probably the biggest and worst prank I have ever pulled in my life. Twenty or so years ago when I was in middle school me and a friend emptied 2 bottles of dish detergent in the middle of the night into one of the geysers. To this day it amazes me that we didn't get caught. There were suds everywhere. I don't think it was old faithful, I think we might have been camping at west thumb.

I would have loved to seen that. I was there on the 13th, I did notice some yellow stains around Old Faithful but I'm sure it was from the geyser, Elk poop too, do they arrest the animals for trespassing?

Buehler445 05-17-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbucks24 (Post 5772622)
But But But, it wasn't his fault. They fired him for nothing. Besides, he had just finished the drinks that he bought and he wasn't leving the park until he pee'd. Another case of Smokey the Bear keeping the peeing man down. Think he sholud fight this?

Bringing the pain down on Hootie. I like it. Post more.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772629)
Much to the horror of several tourists every year, bison are not only wild and have a nasty disposition, but can move very fast.

This is why I love Chiefsplanet. I'm constantly learning something here.

Note to self: don't **** with Bison.

As an aside, I wonder if you could erect a spit over Old Faithful and put some bison chunks on there or something. Did ancient* Indians do this?

*joke

Bwana 05-17-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tits McGee (Post 5772697)
I would have loved to seen that. I was there on the 13th, I did notice some yellow stains around Old Faithful but I'm sure it was from the geyser, Elk poop too, do they arrest the animals for trespassing?

Wow, you should have taken a picture of the poo. The way the ****ing wolves are eating up the elk population, that may have been your last chance. As far as arresting animals, it does get lonely up there in the winter, so who the hell knows what goes on up there.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772752)
As far as arresting animals, it does get lonely up there in the winter

If anyone could survive in the harsh winter of Yellowstone, it would be you, I'm sure. You should be appointed Winter Watchman of Yellowstone. You could arrest all the animals with your trusty .44 slung at your hip. The bison would see you and croon in fear. The mountain lions would purr at your feet.

"Mr. Bison, there is no defecating on Old Faithful," you would say softly. "Besides, I have to take my steam bath. Now scram."

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5772709)
Note to self: don't **** with Bison.

I was driving between Idaho Falls and Billings two weeks ago and went through West Yellowstone. About 5 miles outside of town heading toward Big Sky Ski Resort, there were a bunch of them standing in the middle of the highway.

I was drving my F250 V-10 Super Duty 3/4 ton with the deer smacker bumper and drove right up to them. All of them moved with the exception of a big bull. He just stood there with a dumbass bison look on his face three feet from the front of my truck.

I rolled down the window, mother ****ered him up, yelled, waived my arms, honked the horn...nothing. This went on for about five minutes and about the time I was going to "help him off the road" he took a big dump and slowly walked off into the ditch. Useless bastards.