ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Are you a Hipster? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265669)

KCUnited 10-25-2012 10:02 AM

Lol Huey, there were 100 guys doing it better than that sellout.

MIAdragon 10-25-2012 10:02 AM

LMFAO hell no/

BWillie 10-25-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9048107)
Lol Huey, there were 100 guys doing it better than that sellout.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83,I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consimante professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour. In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

siberian khatru 10-25-2012 10:04 AM

I look like a nerd, but I'm really not. Get it? It's so cool. My conformity is actually non-conformity mocking your conformity.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-25-2012 10:05 AM

I want a new drug. One that makes the Chiefs and Royals good.

loochy 10-25-2012 10:06 AM

http://i.qkme.me/3oik5f.jpg

Radar Chief 10-25-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9048097)
This.

Also, those big neon colored 80s sunglasses

and stupid converse all star shoes

and horn rimmed glasses

and hoodies

Hey now.

MIAdragon 10-25-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9048125)
Hey now.

If you bought them new in 1970, you're fine. Carry on/

loochy 10-25-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9048125)
Hey now.

Wear them if you like but I can't stand them. I think they look horrendous.

kaplin42 10-25-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9048117)
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83,I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consimante professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour. In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

BWillie meet LAChiefsfan and vice versa

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9048023)
I think their undisputed masterpiece is Hip to be Square, a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

okoye35chiefs 10-25-2012 10:12 AM

Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses.

typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.

okoye35chiefs 10-25-2012 10:13 AM

at least that is what the urban dictionary says it means...

BWillie 10-25-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9048133)
BWillie meet LAChiefsfan and vice versa

My quote is longer and more artistic. I win. Does that make me a hipster?

htismaqe 10-25-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9048147)
Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses.

typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.

I wear vintage and thrift store clothes, loose-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and have thick-rimmed glasses.

I'm in my LATE 30's, value independent thinking, counter-culture (when it comes to art, music, and movies), despise progressive politics, appreciate indie-rock, am creative AND intelligent, and like witty banter only if it's coming out of my mouth. I don't want to hear anyone else talk.

siberian khatru 10-25-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9048166)
My quote is longer and more artistic. I win. Does that make me a hipster?

If you say it a little more smugly, yes.