ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Used up RB in Baltimore expected to be released (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158378)

Wile_E_Coyote 02-15-2007 12:22 PM

Used up RB in Baltimore expected to be released

<A name=375707>Ravens | J. Lewis to be released
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:52:02 -0800Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are expected to release RB Jamal Lewis before he is due a $5 million roster bonus in March. If the Ravens cut Lewis, they are expected to save $3.3 million in salary cap room.

Bowser 02-15-2007 12:24 PM

Does he like nachos? There may be a place for him here.

Easy 6 02-15-2007 12:28 PM

Pizza Hut's hirin'.

Mile High Mania 02-15-2007 12:30 PM

I keep reading 'rumors' and suggestions from various places that he *could* be looked at by Denver. I dunno how I feel about him, but I would imagine he will want more $ than I would care to see them offer.

Bowser 02-15-2007 12:32 PM

Speaking of trade value for LJ...

Is Jamal Lewis a glimpse of what might become of LJ? After Lewis hit it big with his 2,000 yard season, he never seemed to be the same.

Bowser 02-15-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
I keep reading 'rumors' and suggestions from various places that he *could* be looked at by Denver. I dunno how I feel about him, but I would imagine he will want more $ than I would care to see them offer.

At this point in his career, I would classify him as an improved Ron Dayne.

L.A. Chieffan 02-15-2007 03:34 PM

I heard he has other business 'intrests' he runs on the side.

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Speaking of trade value for LJ...

Is Jamal Lewis a glimpse of what might become of LJ? After Lewis hit it big with his 2,000 yard season, he never seemed to be the same.

Lewis had an injury history that dated back to college. He also takes a lot more punishment than LJ does. He's a true power-back. LJ has power, but is also an elusive guy.

Eleazar 02-15-2007 05:02 PM

I don't want to be the guy who talks fantasy football since it seems to creep into any thread on here, but I've scraped him up trying to bargain hunt in the past few years since his 2000 yard season, and his YPC are usually not good. It seems like be barely ever posts a 100 yard game and a multiple touchdown game seems to come every leap year or so. I think he's broken down at this point.

ChiefsLV 02-15-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
Lewis had an injury history that dated back to college. He also takes a lot more punishment than LJ does. He's a true power-back. LJ has power, but is also an elusive guy.

He may have been a little more elusive when we ran sweeps and off-tackles, but the way Herm is running him is pure power back. Straight into the line, 3 yards at a time.

Valiant 02-15-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV
He may have been a little more elusive when we ran sweeps and off-tackles, but the way Herm is running him is pure power back. Straight into the line, 3 yards at a time.

I agree with that...

boogblaster 02-15-2007 10:36 PM

J Lewis was a power-back not worth a shit anymore..last couple seasons they get to the red-zone hes over on the sidelines suckin oxygen..dont think hes been in shape for 3 years ...