ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Hi, I'm Zepsinger. I just had my first Field Sobriety Test. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269774)

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-07-2013 11:04 AM

I just tell them "LOOK ! I JACK OFF PIGS DO YOU REALLY WANT TO MESS WITH ME !"

Usually they run back to ther squad car and drive away as fast as possible. Although this one got a big smile and asked me to the show to watch brokeback mountain with him.

Rausch 02-07-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9384670)
I just tell them "LOOK ! I JACK OFF PIGS DO YOU REALLY WANT TO MESS WITH ME !"

Usually they run back to ther squad car and drive away as fast as possible. Although this one got a big smile and asked me to the show to watch brokeback mountain with him.

So what you're saying is you never get a ticket...

Dayze 02-07-2013 11:15 AM

I do think, however, .08 is reeruned.

basically 1 beer and you're 'drunk'.

whatever.

Nzoner 02-07-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384699)

whatever.

While in no way would I ever condone drinking and driving I do think it's ridiculous that someone who has been drinking for years is judged the same as an amateur.

Rausch 02-07-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9384771)
While in no way would I ever condone drinking and driving I do think it's ridiculous that someone who has been drinking for years is judged the same as an amateur.

$$$

Dayze 02-07-2013 11:42 AM

not to get off topic, but I need to look at the legality of DUI check points.
just from an interesting read/topic perspective.

ptlyon 02-07-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384808)
not to get off topic, but I need to look at the legality of DUI check points.
just from an interesting read/topic perspective.

Don't waste youre time

Dayze 02-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9384815)
Don't waste youre time

already been beaten by a dead horse apparently?

Skyy God 02-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9384003)
Never, ever, EVER tell a cop you've had anything to drink if they pull you over. Instant probable cause. They will immediately pull you out of the car and give you the FST.

Yeah, that's not true. The PC is the alcohol (legit or otherwise) they smell on your breath. And obvious lying isn't going to ingratiate you with the cop.

If you're tanked, just hand them a card stating you're exercising your 5th Amendment rights and roll the window back up. If you're convinced you're sober, just ask for the breath test, as others recommended.

The tough call is when you're in between.

Skyy God 02-07-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9384771)

I was in muni court recently and the judge slapped a 1st time DUI with a 2 year ignition lock. Way harsh.

Skyy God 02-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9384407)
Same in Mo. If you deny the test (even stone sober) you lose your license for a year.

Only here they can get a quick warrant over the radio/computer in the car and force you to have a blood draw. Those are less fun.

They'll find your "true" BAC (more reliable than the breath test) and then you'll have that suspension added to the year.

Here, it's not worth it do decline unless you think the 1/2 hour to an hour it takes to draw blood will help you...

Not all jurisdictions get a warrant. There's a case up at the Supreme Court on the issue.

ptlyon 02-07-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384843)
already been beaten by a dead horse apparently?

That, and it will just piss you off

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9384845)
Yeah, that's not true. The PC is the alcohol (legit or otherwise) they smell on your breath. And obvious lying isn't going to ingratiate you with the cop.

If you're tanked, just hand them a card stating you're exercising your 5th Amendment rights and roll the window back up. If you're convinced you're sober, just ask for the breath test, as others recommended.

The tough call is when you're in between.

1) If you are drunk you WILL smell like booze. Open the sun roof/moon roof (why is there a difference?) and keep the windows only cracked enough to pass your information.

2) Keep the vents on to blow clean air in.

3) Avoid getting pulled over. Most of the FST's or DRE training the cops get only requires you to speak or perform (or not perform) the most basic of functions.

4) DO NOT take the most direct route home. The shorter the distance you give someone to evaluate your performance the smaller the sample size. Make turns. Often. Stop often. Turn again.

If you're drunk and on the highway someone will spot you. It's inevitable.

5)Any time it's even a question a cab call is always less expensive than a fine...

Mr. Flopnuts 02-07-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384699)

whatever.

That's not necessarily true. I drank 6 in 90 minutes and blew a .041. My fatness saved my ass that night. Buddy was way less "drunk" than I but also lighter and blew a .079. The cop had me drive. ROFL

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9384871)
That's not necessarily true. I drank 6 in 90 minutes and blew a .041. My fatness saved my ass that night. Buddy was way less "drunk" than I but also lighter and blew a .079. The cop had me drive. ROFL

lol. wow.
wonder how many it would take for my fatass to go over.

my BIL is a state troooper; maybe I could borrow his breatalyzer and see how long it takes lol