ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Carl Peterson attends camp practice for first time since leaving Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293701)

RealSNR 08-03-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11635351)
The majority here really hate Scott Pioli lol

Come on guys, we have to him some credit.

Polio drafted Houston, Poe and Bailey. He built a third, one third of our defense. He is a big reason why our defense is where it is today.

I'm not going to congratulate a reerun for not drooling just because he's a reerun.

Houston was a ****ing gift. It was ABSURD that he was still available to us with that pick in the 3rd round.

The NFL is usually a lot smarter than that. Most teams would have snatched him up much earlier. It's a mystery of nature why he fell to us.

God. **** Scott Pioli. Good pick or not, he picked a ****ing fat **** in Hudson before drafting Houston. And Houston would have been BRILLIANT value at that spot!

Rausch 08-03-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11635422)

God. **** Scott Pioli. Good pick or not, he picked a ****ing fat **** in Hudson before drafting Houston. And Houston would have been BRILLIANT value at that spot!

Hudson was perhaps the best G/C prospect to ever come out of FSU.

He would have been the perfect C under DV's offense when the C was constantly pulling...

RealSNR 08-03-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11635427)
Hudson was perhaps the best G/C prospect to ever come out of FSU.

He would have been the perfect C under DV's offense when the C was constantly pulling...

People were screaming for Houston, not Hudson, in the 2nd round.

When the pick was Hudson, most people said, "Oh. Well... sure, okay. We do need a C, and Hudson is pretty good."

Houston played the more important position and you could say was possibly much more talented. The fact that we just bided our time until we picked in the 3rd said a lot about our REAL evaluation of the player, which was, "He smoked pot. Can't do that."

Rausch 08-03-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11635433)
People were screaming for Houston, not Hudson, in the 2nd round.

When the pick was Hudson, most people said, "Oh. Well... sure, okay. We do need a C, and Hudson is pretty good."

Houston played the more important position and you could say was possibly much more talented. The fact that we just bided our time until we picked in the 3rd said a lot about our REAL evaluation of the player, which was, "He smoked pot. Can't do that."

And Pioli was TERRIBLE about this the rest of the time but he clearly maximized his draft value that year.

An all pro pass rusher is always worth more than an all pro C.

I was an FSU homer so I was good with the Hudson pick because I knew he was legit. I'd argue landing Houston in the 3rd was even a bigger steal than Allen in the 6th.

Houston is by far the most rounded pass rusher in the NFL. He's a top 5 pass rusher while having no true weakness in any other area as an OLB...

Valiant 08-03-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11635293)
Pioli was a tremendous piece of shit.

It's even worse when you think that he probably tried to cheat like the Pats and still failed horrifically.

He tried once, he had the hidden wire in the candy wrapper, but no one picked it up..

Pasta Little Brioni 08-03-2015 02:27 PM

The curse is lifted fellas

FlaChief58 08-03-2015 03:07 PM

Hopefully he doesn't give Dorsey advice on how to get QB's......Oh wait, nevermind

Eleazar 08-03-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 11635295)
I know he made a lot of mistakes in his latter years with the team (Herm), but he was very good for KC for many seasons. Chiefs HOF? Maybe.

He lived off Marty his entire tenure here and should die of gonnorAIDS and rot in hell

DenverChief 08-03-2015 04:22 PM

Why do they insist on calling him "Chairman" Clark Hunt. Every time I read/hear that all I can think of is China and Chairman Mao....

http://efisherhistory12.weebly.com/u...23300_orig.jpg

Titty Meat 08-03-2015 04:26 PM

Peterson saved football in Kansas City he is franchise HOF worthy

Chromatic 08-03-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11636199)

He and Marty did, I absolutely agree. Arrowhead came alive and had the mystique while they were here.

Simply Red 08-03-2015 04:52 PM

Once I realized Carl was a much better business person than that Scott guy - I've found it harder to hate him. Carl - I will follow you.

Hammock Parties 08-03-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11636199)

Carl was an asshole, but he was our asshole.

Pioli was just some **** who took a shit on Arrowhead and tried to claim it didn't stink.

ChiliConCarnage 08-03-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11636177)
He lived off Marty his entire tenure here and should die of gonnorAIDS and rot in hell

Really? His last draft produced Charles, Carr, Flowers, Albert. That's ignoring guys like Dorsey; he was a disappointment but at least a guy. Granted we had a lot of pics that year.. Still decent results.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-03-2015 06:40 PM

"I always fancied some San Francisco trash myself"-was overheard at least one time in said visit.