ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Arkansas Prank Went Wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281544)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-18-2014 06:40 PM

Are insurance companies offering benefits for killing the perps now?

Jimmya 02-18-2014 06:46 PM

Texas Law

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Rain Man 02-18-2014 06:55 PM

It sounds like the toilet paper prank went well. It was the shooting prank that had the problem.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10439915)
I'm going off the assumption that the guy who shot the kids had no idea what the kids were doing, that is, all he heard were loud/disturbing noises? However, if the guy shot the kids because of the egging and mayo then yes, this guy deserves to get judged by the law because it's obvious, he over-reacted!

Here's a slightly more detailed article about it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/17/adrian-broadway-egging-gunned-down_n_4803038.html?ncid=webmail16

He actually fired at the car as they were fleeing, so I'm guessing by that time he knew what they had done. Hard to say for sure though. And no question he over-reacted. I'm not justifying what he did, I am simply taking exception to this crazy notion that calling the cops would do anything to help the guy in this situation. They're not going to launch a full scale investigation over a property damage incident.

TribalElder 02-18-2014 06:57 PM

Terrorist act?

Dave Lane 02-18-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10439775)
I could be wrong but I doubt the guy was planning to kill anyone especially a 15 year old girl.

He acted recklessly and should be punished to some level, I don't have enough details to know what level. Prison, probation, I have no idea. I don't see how it as a case of self defense.

I am 100% pro-gun and its stories like this that cause me concern considering it seems every other person in the country is getting a C&C permit anymore.

I'd laugh my ass off if this was your daughter and he got probation. LMAO

aturnis 02-18-2014 07:00 PM

He shouldn't need to call the cops, just his insurance company.

Also, anyone here saying that getting eggs thrown at you justified shooting to kill, you are girly little bitches. Grow a sack.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-18-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439945)
Here's a slightly more detailed article about it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/17/adrian-broadway-egging-gunned-down_n_4803038.html?ncid=webmail16

He actually fired at the car as they were fleeing, so I'm guessing by that time he knew what they had done. Hard to say for sure though. And no question he over-reacted. I'm not justifying what he did, I am simply taking exception to this crazy notion that calling the cops would do anything to help the guy in this situation. They're not going to launch a full scale investigation over a property damage incident.

Killing someone didn't fix his car either

HonestChieffan 02-18-2014 07:06 PM

Shootem in the house and its ok? Not gonna read all the BS in the thread but thats what it sounds like. Stupid kids with no discipline. People get hurt when we fail our kids and raise them with no guideposts of right and wrong.

Bugeater 02-18-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10439958)

Are you ****ing reeruned? FOR THE FIFTH ****ING TIME, I AM NOT JUSTIFYING WHAT HE ****ING DID!

Hopefully the ALL CAPS and bold will stand out this time.

But I guarangoddamntee one thing, the kids who didn't get shot are probably going think twice before they **** with someone's shit again.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-18-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10439967)
Are you ****ing reeruned? FOR THE FIFTH ****ING TIME, I AM NOT JUSTIFYING WHAT HE ****ING DID!

Hopefully the ALL CAPS and bold will stand out this time.

But I guarangoddamntee one thing, the kids who didn't get shot are probably going think twice before they **** with someone's shit again.

Poor bugs. So powerless to those meanie teens

Ragged Robin 02-18-2014 07:35 PM

Moral of the story: don't **** with someone unless you are absolutely sure they aren't a complete maniac, strangers included.

Fat Elvis 02-18-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

No, but the blood splatter covered up the egg.

Xanathol 02-18-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Its one hell of an insurance policy that it won't happen again.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-18-2014 09:08 PM

THe prosecuting attorney's office must not pay enough. All the money must be on the defense's side. They keep winning, or least the death penality is knocked out of the picture.