ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jets & Tebow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266636)

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 08:12 PM

Jets & Tebow

So, if there is another thread on this one - sorry, didn't see it.

I think everyone expected all this to happen at some point, I'm surprised it's taken so long to be honest. Here's the thing - why trade for Tebow if you're not going to use him more than a few gimmick plays a game?

Tebow is a solid guy - great teammate and he will always give you 100%. Can you say that about Sanchez? Sure, some guys on the team don't like him - you really think they all believe in Sanchez? He just throws a bit prettier and his stats are a bit better... they're still losing.

The Jets are 3-6 ... Sanchez is barely above 50% completion with about 1900 yards, 10 TDs and 9 INTs.

Last year, Tebow passed for about 1700 yds - 12 TDs / 6 INTs - passed under 50%, but ran for another 660 yds and 6 TDs. Denver was 7-4 with him... they won a playoff game. No, it wasn't "all due to Tebow", but the kid makes things happen. Sanchez does not.

If you compare Sanchez's 9 games this year to Tebow's 11 games last year ... what's really different? As a QB - both stat lines look like puke, but Tebow adds another dimension and production on the ground and they won.

Everyone has known that Sanchez is no good --- sure, he has a place in the NFL, but it's as a backup. The Jets have injury issues and nothing to work with on offense. Sanchez was mediocre with good talent around him, now they stink.

Why not put Tebow in more ... why not let him start a game? The Jets aren't going anywhere... put him in and try to fix your QB spot in the offseason, neither is a long-term fix.

Split the QB duty, get creative... doing the same ol' thing isn't working.

Is Tebow a great passing QB? No, but he can be effective - we all saw that last year. Can lightning strike twice with him? I doubt it, but who knows - why not try. Losing sucks, so if they keep losing - what is really lost by making the switch? Sanchez isn't going to turn things around - their team is miserable.

I say... go with Tebow, why not? See if he can do something... you really just never know.

notorious 11-14-2012 08:14 PM

I am a friend of someone related to a player on the Jets. This friend has sat in on practices dating back to last year.

He said Sanchez was a goof-off that didn't appear to take the job seriously. Inside info FWIW.

Sorter 11-14-2012 08:14 PM

Nobody gives a flying **** about Tim Tebow on this board except for you Donks fans.

Nobody.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119482)
Nobody gives a flying **** about Tim Tebow on this board except for you Donks fans.

Nobody.

It's really more of a general football topic, if the subject matter doesn't appeal to you - just keep on moving along. My posting on the topic has nothing to do with the fact he played for Denver last year.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 08:18 PM

I said tebow would replace Sanchez this season. Milkman threw a fit saying no way.

Discuss Thrower 11-14-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119485)
It's really more of a general football topic, if the subject matter doesn't appeal to you - just keep on moving along.

Here's the thing: it's bullshit. Astroturf.

Fake.

Tebow is a "general football topic" because ESPN has decided he is such a thing.

He's not.

His flaws are well documented just as much as his positive character is. He's a non story and not worth the bandwidth discussing.

BIG_DADDY 11-14-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9119493)
Here's the thing: it's bullshit. Astroturf.

Fake.

Tebow is a "general football topic" because ESPN has decided he is such a thing.

He's not.

His flaws are well documented just as much as his positive character is. He's a non story and not worth the bandwidth discussing.

LMAO Wait till they play him. LMAO

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 08:20 PM

Players on the team say he is "terrible". Was in the Daily News today. Or the Post, IDK which.

Edit: Here we go. It was the News. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2876--nfl.html

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 08:25 PM

Nobody says "he's great"...

I know this, a team and a city rallied around him last year and the team improved. Why not try it again?

Marcellus 11-14-2012 08:26 PM

I think the subject is relevant simply due to the fact that what was going to happen was as obvious as the nose on Jerry Seinfeld's face.

First off why trade for Tebow, it was a dumbass idea.

Then Sanchez was going to suck and the press and fans were going to be screaming for Tebow.

Ryan and that dumbass GM are both screwed Pioli style and are going down with the ship.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9119496)
LMAO Wait till they play him. LMAO

Kinda what I was thinking, somehow he will find a way to make that team win.

I agree with his mechanics and all, the long windup, the boy has won everywhere he has played.

Not a Tebow lover, just looking at reality, for everything he is not, a winner is one thing he is.

Bowser 11-14-2012 08:29 PM

Elway bombed the Jets back to the stoneage with that trade.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9119515)
I think the subject is relevant simply due to the fact that what was going to happen was as obvious as the nose on Jerry Seinfeld's face.

First off why trade for Tebow, it was a dumbass idea.

Then Sanchez was going to suck and the press and fans were going to be screaming for Tebow.

Ryan and that dumbass GM are both screwed Pioli style and are going down with the ship.

I never understood the trade, Jacksonville was the logical choice.

Sorter 11-14-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9119521)
Elway bombed the Jets back to the stoneage with that trade.

LMAOLMAO

cdcox 11-14-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119511)

I know this, a team and a city rallied around him last year and the team improved. Why not try it again?

Because he won't be great. You don't start a new QB unless he has the potential to be great. If he turns out mediocre, you are stuck with him for years and it sets your franchise backwards.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9119534)
Because he won't be great. You don't start a new QB unless he has the potential to be great. If he turns out mediocre, you are stuck with him for years and it sets your franchise backwards.

Ref: Chiefs ?

To be fair here, not every QB is destine to be " GREAT ". Some are just considered serviceable until a quality replacement can be made.

Marcellus 11-14-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

You know you want to see it though. I want to see Tebow start just for the spectacle of it.

cdcox 11-14-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9119551)
You know you want to see it though. I want to see Tebow start just for the spectacle of it.

Oh hell yes.

Simply Red 11-14-2012 08:43 PM

Tim Tebow.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9119551)

After last year, I bet there are a lot of football fans want to see it. But the Jets do not have a roster like the Donks had, I do not see Tebow getting the same results.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-14-2012 08:46 PM

Regardless if Tebow isn't any better, I think you've gotta make the move just for accountability reasons and to get a spark. As a head coach if you don't bench someone for poor play you are losing credibility in the locker room and in the front office. Besides, everyone knows Johnson didn't bring him in just to be "there." Even though they did redo Sanchez's contract.

Sorter 11-14-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119485)
It's really more of a general football topic, if the subject matter doesn't appeal to you - just keep on moving along. My posting on the topic has nothing to do with the fact he played for Denver last year.

What the **** ever. I sincerely doubt any Chiefs fans makes a ****ing Tebow thread right now. Of course it would be either a Jets or Broncos fan.

Marcellus 11-14-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119569)
What the **** ever. I sincerely doubt any Chiefs fans makes a ****ing Tebow thread right now. Of course it would be either a Jets or Broncos fan.

Relax, its a break from the rest of the Pioli, Crennel, and Cassel BS. That shit is discussed to death.

Open your mind to other levels of suck.

Sorter 11-14-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9119591)
Relax, its a break from the rest of the Pioli, Crennel, and Cassel BS. That shit is discussed to death.

Open your mind to other levels of suck.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...4e6do1_500.gif

hometeam 11-14-2012 09:16 PM

Tebow is ****ing terrible. He is the Quinn to Sanchez' Cassel.

jspchief 11-14-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9119654)
Tebow is ****ing terrible. He is the Quinn to Sanchez' Cassel.

And just like Cassel deserves to be benched, so does Sanchez.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

You're right, it crushed Denver's chances of advancing at the QB position.

Who says he has to be great, how many teams have that now? Sanchez sucks... They need a spark, take the chance...

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9119561)
After last year, I bet there are a lot of football fans want to see it. But the Jets do not have a roster like the Donks had, I do not see Tebow getting the same results.

Tebow is a great leader, Sanchez is not... They may not like his play, but I would bet they respect him.

They are 1 game out of that 7th seed with 7 games left. Why not?

tk13 11-14-2012 10:05 PM

I actually agree with you to a point, I said in one of the threads the other day... Sanchez actually isn't playing much better than Tebow probably would.

Really it's sad because Sanchez is an infinitely more talented QB. But the guy literally struggles to complete 50% of his passes every week. That's horrible.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119569)

Your panties are too tight... Lighten up, Francis.

TLO 11-14-2012 10:07 PM

Zzzzzzz........

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Question... were you calling for the benching of Cassel for Quinn? If so, why?

Molitoth 11-14-2012 10:13 PM

the media has ruined tebow more than his own mechanics.

hometeam 11-14-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9119677)
And just like Cassel deserves to be benched, so does Sanchez.

Touche~

I retain my stance that Tebow is just absolutely awful. I now also second that he is Quinn east and deserves to be in there over Sanchez.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9119843)
Touche~

I retain my stance that Tebow is just absolutely awful. I now also second that he is Quinn east and deserves to be in there over Sanchez.

Winning doesn't have to be pretty.

cdcox 11-14-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119817)
Question... were you calling for the benching of Cassel for Quinn? If so, why?

I'm indifferent. There is no QB on the roster that we will win a SB with. We'd have been more competitive with Orton, but I'm glad we didn't keep him because we'd lose our chance to draft someone for potential for greatness. If you don't have someone who you think will be a great QB, you should be trying to get one.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9119860)
I'm indifferent. There is no QB on the roster that we will win a SB with. We'd have been more competitive with Orton, but I'm glad we didn't keep him because we'd lose our chance to draft someone for potential for greatness. If you don't have someone who you think will be a great QB, you should be trying to get one.

This is why I wanted Stanzi to start after the Detroit game last year.

If he turns out to be a viable option, great. If not, then he's going to suck so bad that we would have gotten RGIII.

RealSNR 11-14-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119791)
You're right, it crushed Denver's chances of advancing at the QB position.

Who says he has to be great, how many teams have that now? Sanchez sucks... They need a spark, take the chance...

Manning is a ****ing fluke. QBs like that are NEVER gift wrapped to a team via free agency.

In any other year where the planets don't align, what would the Donks be doing at QB right now? I'll betcha Tebow would be a part of that plan whatever it is.

RealSNR 11-14-2012 10:48 PM

And don't throw Kurt Warner and Drew Brees at me.

Those free agent finds are also rare, but not as rare as a HOF QB who gets cut and goes on the market to the highest bidder.

Brett Favre is the only other recent example I can recall.

RealSNR 11-14-2012 10:53 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...m-tebow-report

Tim Tebow Responds

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- A furious Rex Ryan lashed into his team Wednesday morning, telling his players it was "cowardly" for some of them to anonymously rip Tim Tebow in a newspaper article, sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

The New York Jets' coach rushed to Tebow's defense, listing his attributes to the entire team, according to sources. At one point during the meeting, Ryan asked for the player who called Tebow "terrible" in the article to identify himself.

Rex Ryan says a lot of things. But Wednesday's comments make him sound like a coach in denial, James Walker writes. Blog

If Rex Ryan turns to Tim Tebow at quarterback over Mark Sanchez, he'll lose the Jets' locker room, writes Rich Cimini. Story

No one responded.

Tebow was stung by the comments.

"I think there was some frustration and some sadness," Tebow said. "It's never fun to hear criticism. At the same time, it's something I've always used as motivation. You try to get stronger from it."

Embroiled in another controversy that could threaten locker-room solidarity, Ryan clasped his hands several times in his news conference, claiming his team remains close even though there appears to be a mutiny against Tebow.

"This team, in my opinion, is not going to be pulled apart by outside people. Inside the walls, we're going to be like this," he said, putting his hands together as a symbol of unity.

The problem is, it's people inside the walls who have created the latest distraction for a team that ended last season with a fractured locker room.

Several unnamed players, in a New York Daily News story, were critical of Tebow's ability as a quarterback. One player said Tebow is "terrible." Another player told ESPNNewYork.com the team has no choice but to stick with the slumping Mark Sanchez because "we have no other viable option."

Ryan confirmed he addressed the issue in his team meeting.

"I feel for Tim," Sanchez said. "That sucks, it just sucks. It can't feel good. But at the same time, I've been there. You wake up the next day and you keep playing."

The larger issue for Ryan, whose 3-6 team has dropped three straight, is maintaining team chemistry. He made it his "personal agenda" after last season to repair the inner strife, but this latest development certainly raises questions about his ability to keep dirty laundry in-house.

"Quite honestly, I feel extremely confident this football team is coming closer together, than what maybe is being thought of as pulling apart," Ryan said. "I definitely don't see that."

Ryan even said this latest controversy could help the team.

Tim Tebow's Jets teammates reportedly don't have much good to say about his quarterbacking skills. Should the Jets cut ties with Tebow? Cast your votes!

"Could this galvanize it? I don't know, maybe so," he said, adding, "If I'm wrong on that, obviously that's going to be a different issue. I don't believe that. I believe this team is coming together. If there are cracks in the armor, we'll find out. Maybe we're not there right now, but I believe we will be."

Several players insisted this won't be a repeat of last season, when there was sniping in the locker room and a rift between Sanchez and wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who currently is on injured reserve.

"No question it can be harmful," safety Yeremiah Bell said. "That's why the story's out there, is to try to kind of break this locker room up and make us turn against each other. But that's not what we're about. We all think that the source is not credible, we don't believe we have those types of guys in this locker room. It's just ridiculous to us."

Tebow and guard Matt Slauson, the only player in the article quoted by name, spoke Wednesday to clear the air. Slauson, who was quoted as saying, "it's not even close" between Sanchez and Tebow, said he made the comment more than a month ago.

"We had our talk and it's all done," said Slauson, declining to give details. He also said, "I love Tim. Great dude."

Slauson hedged when asked to compare Sanchez and Tebow, saying, "I feel Mark is our quarterback. That's how I feel."

Asked how he'd feel if Tebow replaced Sanchez, Slauson said, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

Despite Sanchez's sagging play and mounting pressure to make a change, Ryan has stood firmly behind his hand-picked franchise quarterback. Ryan hasn't even considered benching Sanchez, sources said.

Clearly, Sanchez still has the support of the locker room, but some players still felt it was wrong for unnamed players to criticize Tebow.

"I've never heard anything so disgusting in my life," said linebacker Bryan Thomas, the team's longest-tenured player. "In the history of me being here and playing football, I've never heard anybody say, 'That guy is terrible.'"

Thomas was so outraged that he said he'd fight anyone who called him out like that. Asked if Tebow reacted that way, Thomas said, "He's not that type of guy. He'll probably pray for you."

The Jets have been dealing with the Tebow issue since March, when they acquired him in a blockbuster trade with the Denver Broncos. They hyped him as a "dynamic weapon" (Ryan's words), claiming he'd play a key role on offense in the Wildcat. So far, he has appeared in only 62 plays on offense, making little impact.

His sporadic playing time has fueled speculation that Ryan never wanted Tebow in the first place. Some believe owner Woody Johnson orchestrated the trade to create publicity and raise the team's profile.

"I absolutely wanted Tim here," said Ryan, who defended Tebow's work ethic and unselfishness.

Ryan claimed Tebow has improved as a passer, yet he has attempted only five passes from the quarterback position -- and three came in last Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

They have no intention of scrapping the Wildcat package, according to Ryan, who also praised Tebow for accepting his role as the personal protector on the punt team.

"We asked him -- a former Heisman Trophy winner, first-round pick, a quarterback who led his team to the playoffs -- 'You know what? We want you to be our personal protector,'" Ryan said, adding that Tebow never complained.

He said Tebow's presence has improved the punting unit because it forced opponents to leave the gunners in single coverage. He was, however, partly responsible for a blocked punt.

007 11-15-2012 02:26 AM

It kills me that Tebow gets to start and we still keep riding with Cassel at the helm.

Mile High Mania 11-15-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9119928)
Manning is a ****ing fluke. QBs like that are NEVER gift wrapped to a team via free agency.

In any other year where the planets don't align, what would the Donks be doing at QB right now? I'll betcha Tebow would be a part of that plan whatever it is.

All true, I was mentally prepared for TT all year. I'm saying, he didn't set them back in regards to record or appeal ... had they finished 5-11, maybe Manning isn't intrested. So, that's what I was referring to...

ChiefMojo 11-15-2012 06:27 AM

Tebow is terrible, it is the truth!!!! He caught lightning in a bottle last season only because the "team" rallied around him. The Jets as a team aren't as good as the Broncos in many of the key positions that Tebow would need for himself to be successful. Tebow may be a great guy but he is absolutely f**king TERRIBLE as a QB!!!!!!!

Rasputin 11-15-2012 06:56 AM

Well I hope they do something to win a few more ball games. Don't want them itching to take our pick make them pay heafty to move up the draft. Stupid gang green, I'd love to see Tim fn Tebow beat the donkies in the playoffs. He is not a quarterback but he can run the ball and make plays out of the backfield move the chains win ball games. How he does it I don't know?

**** I hate hearing anything about Tim Tebow was happy he on the bench but the more the Jets lose the more hear about TT replacing Sanchez ****ing play his ass I don't give a ****. Let the team revolt I stilll wont give a ****.

Marcellus 11-15-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9120260)
It kills me that Tebow gets to start and we still keep riding with Cassel at the helm.

What in the world are you talking about? Rex has stated he has no intentions of benching Sanchez.

the Talking Can 11-15-2012 07:28 AM

i can't believe people care this much about a fullback

bevischief 11-15-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Nobody.

This.

BlackHelicopters 11-15-2012 08:30 AM

I want to have Tim Tebow's child.

okoye35chiefs 11-15-2012 08:32 AM

Everyone has known that Sanchez is no good ---

I guess the Jets didn't know because they just inked him to a 5 year deal!
ROFL

Mile High Mania 11-15-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9120481)
Everyone has known that Sanchez is no good ---

I guess the Jets didn't know because they just inked him to a 5 year deal!
ROFL

They gave him a $58M extension, right? Money well spent... I don't even think Sanchez can bring to a team what a guy like Orton can bring to a team.

Sanchez is only going to be 'good' with great talent. He's not a leader... he's not a guy to put a team on his back and say "I got it". He's just not, he was surrounded by insane talent at USC and now he's struggling.

Good luck with all that.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-15-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119511)

That may have been the biggest fraud of a season in NFL history. The guy's a joke of a QB, but that may indeed be better than Sanchez.

luv 11-15-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Nobody.

True dat.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-15-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9119928)

The Great Assweiler would be ripping the league a new one in their minds.

Deberg_1990 11-15-2012 09:37 AM

I think the Broncos and their staff got about as much and as far as they could out of Tebew last season. Last year was his ceiling. Why do you think they got rid of him after he won a playoff game? Who does that?

Anyhow, its doubtful if any NFL team is ever going to go "All in" with Tebow at this point.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-15-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9120594)
I think the Broncos and their staff got about as much and as far as they could out of Tebew last season. Last year was his ceiling. Why do you think they got rid of him after he won a playoff game? Who does that?

Anyhow, its doubtful if any NFL team is ever going to go "All in" with Tebow at this point.

Those morons thought he was a franchise QB ROFL

Mile High Mania 11-15-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9120594)

I don't disagree... simply saying, Sanchez is a failure - you have another QB sitting there and while he may not be much better, why not try something else?

cyborgtable 11-15-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9120336)
What in the world are you talking about? Rex has stated he has no intentions of benching Sanchez.

This, hell Rex didn't even want Tebow. Most believe it was an order by Woody Johnson to sell the stupid PSLs and the most expensive ****ing tickets in the nfl. It didn't work, the players on the team don't like either qb and with the way our trainwreck season is going some of the other starters may tank on purpose if Tebow is brought in

listopencil 11-15-2012 01:47 PM

“I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans,” he said. “My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships. “

-John Elway

listopencil 11-15-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyborgtable (Post 9120889)
...some of the other starters may tank on purpose if Tebow is brought in

Check this out. We're lucky as ****:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...c-d20e8f2289b9

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-22-2012 06:20 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

And @mortreport reports it's "a virtual certainty" that Tim Tebow will play in 2013 for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

mnchiefsguy 12-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9232945)

And @mortreport reports it's "a virtual certainty" that Tim Tebow will play in 2013 for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

This is good news for KC. Jacksonville will not be looking for a qb, should by some miracle they land the #1 pick instead of KC.

Bowser 12-22-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9232945)

Christ, I'd just as soon stick with developing Gabbert.

Well, I guess this way at the very least they'll sell more season tickets.

Ceej 12-22-2012 06:24 PM

Poor Setsuna.

:(

Sorter 12-22-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9232950)
Poor Setsuna.

:(

Sets Suicide Watch 2013?

Ceej 12-22-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9232951)
Sets Suicide Watch 2013?

LMAO

Someone needs to call or text him STAT!

Valiant 12-22-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9119491)
I said tebow would replace Sanchez this season. Milkman threw a fit saying no way.

buy milkman a beer..

Thig Lyfe 12-22-2012 07:11 PM

Thank Allah there's a trade deadline. Otherwise Tebow might already be in Jacksonville and we'd get knocked out of the #1 pick.

whoman69 12-22-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9232947)
Christ, I'd just as soon stick with developing Gabbert.

Well, I guess this way at the very least they'll sell more season tickets.

Gabbert isn't even as good an option as Henne. What should that say? Tebow is a totally different animal. I don't think the style of play or his ability can be successful on a long term basis.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-22-2012 07:25 PM

JFC retire already

Mr. Flopnuts 12-22-2012 07:41 PM

That shit is conjecture. Unless the owner himself has said that's who he wants (which would be pretty dumb) this is all going to be dependent upon who the GM and coach are next year.

Thig Lyfe 12-22-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9233082)
That shit is conjecture. Unless the owner himself has said that's who he wants (which would be pretty dumb) this is all going to be dependent upon who the GM and coach are next year.

Doesn't Khan have a pretty public boner for Tebow? I agree that this isn't really news yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll end up happening.

Rain Man 12-22-2012 07:48 PM

Honestly, I thought Tebow was a steal for a sixth rounder or whatever they paid. He's a good athlete who can run some trick plays that often seem to work. That's more than most teams get out of a sixth round pick.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-22-2012 07:55 PM

One of the dumber 1st round picks of all time

listopencil 12-22-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9233093)
Honestly, I thought Tebow was a steal for a sixth rounder or whatever they paid. He's a good athlete who can run some trick plays that often seem to work. That's more than most teams get out of a sixth round pick.

We gave them Tebow and a seventh-they gave us a fourth, a sixth and $3 MIL.

SAUTO 12-22-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9232946)
This is good news for KC. Jacksonville will not be looking for a qb, should by some miracle they land the #1 pick instead of KC.

Tebow will be a part of the compensation for the trade up to #2
Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyChuckles 12-22-2012 09:13 PM

It makes me mad to think that the team that drafted Tebow in the first round is prospering.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-22-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9233277)
It makes me mad to think that the team that drafted Tebow in the first round is prospering.

....also the same team that would have taken Weeden if they didn't "Luck" into Manning. Alot of success in this league comes from that word.

stonedstooge 12-22-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9233273)
Tebow will be a part of the compensation for the trade up to #2
Posted via Mobile Device

Who do they want at 2?

Hammock Parties 12-22-2012 09:16 PM

Tebow is a waste of any NFL franchise's time.

At best he is a freakshow to entertain the fans.

SAUTO 12-22-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9233283)
Who do they want at 2?

Any qb not named Geno?
Posted via Mobile Device