ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Drunk man sticks arm in tiger cage and gets bitten (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137671)

JimNasium 03-20-2006 09:23 PM

Drunk man sticks arm in tiger cage and gets bitten

Good stuff

Tiger Bites Worker at Putnam County Fair

By Grayson Kamm
First Coast News

PALATKA, FL -- The Putnam County Fair will still open Monday even though a fair worker was bitten by a tiger in an exhibit there the day before.

Investigators say the man stuck his hand into a white Bengal tiger's cage.

Deputies say Jason Hardin was so drunk early Sunday morning, they threatened to arrest him if he didn't go to bed. According to officers, Hardin agreed to head back to his trailer and walked off.

But instead of going to bed, deputies say Hardin climbed over a four-foot-high security fence, walked through a grassy area, and stuck his hand into the locked cage of a four-year-old tiger.

Hardin is not one of the people approved to work with the animals.

He was treated for bite wounds to his forearm and hand and later released from Shands Gainesville.

"As soon as the owner came out of the trailer, the tiger released its grasp of him -- so it's probably about a thirty second event," said Putnam County Sheriff Dean Kelly.

"A foolish thing, and I'm sure the subject -- if he had to do it all over again -- wouldn't stick his hand inside the tiger cage," Kelly said.

The state says the cat involved has no past problems.

"Wild animals -- when provoked -- are going to do what wild animals do, and that's protect themselves and their territory," Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Officer Kat Kelley explained.

The state's Fish and Wildlife Commission inspects every traveling exotic exhibit like this one. This particular show passed a state review just two weeks ago, Officer Kelley said.

"It [also] passed the inspection this morning. They've done everything right, they've got the correct safety barriers, the cage is locked, everything is in order. This was simply a matter of an error in judgment," Officer Kelley said.

"There's no fault of the owner here at all. So it's, again, a safe event for the citizens to come here and enjoy the fair," Sheriff Kelly added.

First Coast News

|Zach| 03-20-2006 09:25 PM

Woops.

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Deputies say Jason Hardin was so drunk early Sunday morning, they threatened to arrest him if he didn't go to bed. According to officers, Hardin agreed to head back to his trailer and walked off.

But instead of going to bed, deputies say Hardin climbed over a four-foot-high security fence, walked through a grassy area, and stuck his hand into the locked cage of a four-year-old tiger.
Three words: Drunk, Trailer, Tiger.

Quote:

Hardin is not one of the people approved to work with the animals.
Some thorough investigative work there.....

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Saulbadguy 03-20-2006 09:31 PM

Was he trying to convert them to Jesus?

Halfcan 03-20-2006 09:37 PM

Wow that is a new one. He got the tiger by tail allright.

siberian khatru 03-20-2006 09:43 PM

Anyone remember Ed Begley Jr. in "Cat People"?

http://www.geocities.com/cinemorgue2/edbegleyjr.jpg

Skyy God 03-20-2006 09:48 PM

Natural selection missed that carnie by a hair.

C-Mac 03-20-2006 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations Jason Hardon!

chagrin 03-21-2006 09:03 AM

I think it's ironic that everytime a human being fucks with an animal and gets a limb bitten off or something like that happens to them, the animal gets put down.

Kclee 03-21-2006 09:20 AM

That's GRRREEAAAT!

Bwana 03-21-2006 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heh! To bad it wasn't Darwin boys head. We don't need this guy reproducing.

"Hey Billybob, hold my beer and watch this!"

Amnorix 03-21-2006 09:34 AM

I have no idea at all why this is news. Why would someone write a story about this? The idiot got what he deserved, the tiger did nothing wrong, and there's nothing to see here.

Dartgod 03-21-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac
Congratulations Jason Hardon!

Awesome. :thumb:

This really does need to be awarded weekely. Hell, I may even be in the running at times.

Jenny Gump 03-21-2006 10:09 AM

Took my son to the circus the other day. It was just awful. I was really hoping an elephant would maul its trainer. THAT would have been awesome.

Aries Walker 03-21-2006 10:17 AM

He obviously missed the tiger vs. croc video.