ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ryan Sims Interview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121121)

oaklandhater 08-08-2005 06:08 PM

Ryan Sims Interview

Ryan Sims Interview
Chiefs Coalition Exclusive
by formerdb

DB: Based on my observations, you look like you have quicker feet, (you look) more powerful, more explosive. So is there any difference in your game from last year?

SIMS: Oh most definitely. I spent more time working on strength and quickness. And Gun's using me differently this year. Basically, this year it's about attacking, getting up the field and going, like I was in college.

DB: I watched you a lot in college, and I saw you in the all-star game, and I said this dude gets up the field. But then I didn't see it when you got here.

SIMS: My first two years here, that wasn't allowed -- getting in the backfield, because of the way we ran our defense, because of Greg. With Gunther, there's a lot less stuff to remember, it's about getting up the field and causing problems behind the line of scrimmage.

DB: Last year people still were not satisfied with you, and you had Gun, so what's different this year?

SIMS: It's another year man, another year in the system and last year was like my second year, because of the injury. I worked out in Kansas City this year.

DB: Did that make a difference?

SIMS: Yeah, because I got to spend a lot of time with the other defensive linemen.

DB: Well why did you work out in Atlanta before, instead of working out with the team?

SIMS: Well, because I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy with the coaches. I didn't like what I was doing. I felt it was opposite of what I was doing in college. My first two years I use to get cussed out after every game for getting up field and getting behind the line and I hated it. I didn't like the situation I was in.

DB: Have you looked at any film of yourself and the defense during training camp?

SIMS: Oh yeah.

DB: What do you see differently now than this time last year?

SIMS: Oh, our team speed. Our team speed on defense is incredible. We got Pro Bowlers out there at all those positions.

DB: What is the key to stopping the run this year? Is it you and Kawika in the middle?

SIMS: It starts with me and Lional (Dalton). If we can stop that inside run, we can focus on everything else. Every good defense, every championship defense, starts from the inside - out.

DB: Do you guys really believe you'll be better this year?

SIMS: Oh, most definitely. We can see it... smell it. We can see how the offense is treating us, the coaches are treating us. We feel it. We feel it.

DB: I know you read the papers, listen to sports radio, what did you feel when people dogged you last year?

SIMS: Oh it was expected. To whom much is given, much is expected. I tried to ignore it.

DB: Are we going to see a different Ryan Sims this year?

SIMS: Oh yeah, you tell me after game five.

Big Chief Homer 08-08-2005 06:39 PM

whys he gonna wait until game 5 to do what has been expected of him for 3 years.Whats wrong with games 1 through 4?

tommykat 08-08-2005 06:46 PM

:hmmm:He played last year? Wonders never cease to amaze one.....ROFL

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-08-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chief Homer
whys he gonna wait until game 5 to do what has been expected of him for 3 years.Whats wrong with games 1 through 4?

I think he means that he isn't going to pull a Vonnie Holliday. By having 4 consecutive solid games, people will start to change their opinions about him

Alphaman 08-08-2005 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla
I think he means that he isn't going to pull a Vonnie Holliday. By having 4 consecutive solid games, people will start to change their opinions about him

EXACTLY!!!!

Some of you guys just want to find something to complain about. He's saying after the first 5 games YOU be the judge if there is a different Ryan Simms and a different KC defense.

I like the confidence he is displaying.

NewChief 08-08-2005 07:05 PM

formerdb is going to end up putting some Star reporters out of business. Dude isn't scared to ask some tough questions. I like this one in particular:
Quote:

DB: Last year people still were not satisfied with you, and you had Gun, so what's different this year?

DTLB58 08-08-2005 08:10 PM

From today 8/8:http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/prev_upda...08-08-05pm.htm

Vermeil praised the performance of third-year defensive tackle Ryan Sims. "Doing good, by far his best training camp, the other day he had his best football practice ever, since I've been here. I don't know how he did today, but he's really getting better," says "Fundementals, determination, toughness. I mean the whole thing. He's putting his hat on the screws. Just ask anyone who's lining up to him now," continuedVermeil on the improvements of Sims.

Big Chief Homer 08-08-2005 09:00 PM

Geez,I think i need to get you guys some new sarcasm meters.Lighten up.I knew what he ment i was just bustin Balls.

milkman 08-08-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Geez,I think i need to gey you guys some new sarcasm meters.Lighten up.I knew what he men i was just bustin Balls.

That's just gey!

Big Chief Homer 08-08-2005 09:03 PM

whats ghey?

milkman 08-08-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

whats ghey?

Reread your post, and pay attention to the word "get".

I've edited my post, and bolded the word.

Big Chief Homer 08-08-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Reread your post, and pay attention to the word "get".

I've edited my post, and bolded the word.

OOOOOHHH That
ROFL ROFL you caught that before i fixed it.I was hoping noone saw it :cuss:

ROFL