ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Go Back in time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138996)

Over-Head 04-15-2006 01:51 PM

Go Back in time

If you could go back to a certain period in time and relive it, or live in a certain area at that time where when and why would you want to?

For me it would be LA in the 80's.

It was the best time for music IMO, hey I’m a metal head and damn proud of it.Seeing bands like Motley Crue, Poison, Great White, Van Halen, LA Gunns, Faster Pussycat all playing in their prime.
God what a party.

And since I was plying in bands at the time I’m sure I could have somehow put a band together that would have opened for Gun’s N Rose’s at the Roxy/Rainbow/Gazaries/The Whiskey.

Plus the fact that now I can look back 25 years and say, that my teen’s were far better than any other period in my life. (*With the exception of the last 5 with my wife :D )

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-15-2006 01:52 PM

ditto. I'm an 80's freak too.

milkman 04-15-2006 01:56 PM

Hell, this is easy.

1969-70.

memyselfI 04-15-2006 02:03 PM

September 24, 1980...

the day before John Bonham died and less than three months before John Lennon was murdered. The deaths of these two people really ended an era of greatness when both men were in the midsts of comebacks in their careers.

Those two and a half months had to be the worst period in rock music history.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-15-2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI

Those two and a half months had to be the worst period in rock music history.

You want to relive the worst period in rock music history?

memyselfI 04-15-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
You want to relive the worst period in rock music history?

No. Since we are daydreaming, I'd like to go back and somehow change it.

Lake 04-15-2006 02:10 PM

Seattle in the Late Eighties.

teedubya 04-15-2006 02:10 PM

Go to 1952 and buy as many 52 topps Mickey Mantles as I could find goto 1986 and sell the cards and go to Microsoft IPO, sell them before the crash of 87, rebuy at the low low. Ride to 1992 and sell all Microsoft and buy AOL at the low low. Ride to 1999, sell and put it all into Ebay, and hold for a while...

Adept Havelock 04-15-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

As for one, just push Yoko a few feet to the side.....

Try and keep Keith Moon from OD'ing as well, if you can spare the time.

kczoo 04-15-2006 02:11 PM

1985, Motley Crue concert at the L.A. Forum. I would have given that girl a real phone number. She was hot and aggressive. I was too into myself back then

teedubya 04-15-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

if you changed it, it would alter many peoples lives in perhaps negative ways. Maybe they used that dark period of rock history to make themselves better for the world... if they hadnt died, who knows?

I for one, miss Lennon. He was bright light, and still is. It depends on how you view the spirit of Nonnelnhoj.

memyselfI 04-15-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock
As for one, just push Yoko a few feet to the side.....

Try and keep Keith Moon from OD'ing as well, if you can spare the time.

That would be 1978. Gawd, those few years were some dark times for rock. I guess the same happened at the end of/beginning of the previous decade as well. Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison...

teedubya 04-15-2006 02:17 PM

I think if Jimi had survived the 70's, that there would be more black male guitarists today.

memyselfI 04-15-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
if you changed it, it would alter many peoples lives in perhaps negative ways. Maybe they used that dark period of rock history to make themselves better for the world... if they hadnt died, who knows?

I for one, miss Lennon. He was bright light, and still is. It depends on how you view the spirit of Nonnelnhoj.

I don't know if it would be negative or not. Lennon had come to terms with who he was post Beatles. Ironically, Bonham was taking medication to stop drinking and trying to get sober.

teedubya 04-15-2006 02:36 PM

I wish instead of John Lennon that someone would have instead shot Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee. Neil Peart could have survived and jammed with Zepplin.