ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

KC_Connection 02-11-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10426955)
I can't help but think the defense suffered not only because of Embiid's lack of minutes but because Tharpe and Greene played so many minutes. They are both below average defenders on the perimeter.

Tharpe always plays a lot of minutes. The difference was not having a rim protector, has been all season whenever Embiid was on the bench too.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2014 09:01 AM

I was thinking...

I was suppose to go to the game last night, but a last minute work item caused me to miss out. If I would have gone as I had planned to...I would have rushed the court just to see what is feels like. Is that bad?

sedated 02-11-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10426962)
Tharpe always plays a lot of minutes. The difference was not having a rim protector, has been all season whenever Embiid was on the bench too.

I'm not discounting Embiid's presence. A team can cover up having 1 bad perimeter defender, but 2 might be too much.

DJJasonp 02-11-2014 09:06 AM

just checking in.....did KSU cancel classes today?

KC_Connection 02-11-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10427004)
I was thinking...

I was suppose to go to the game last night, but a last minute work item caused me to miss out. If I would have gone as I had planned to...I would have rushed the court just to see what is feels like. Is that bad?

Yes.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10427015)
Yes.

Yeah.

I wasn't sure...just got me thinking what I would have done during the court storming if I had actually attended the game yesterday. ...do I make my way back to my car, or see what it's like to storm a court? Heh.

Lzen 02-11-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10425376)
On a positive note, she did invent chocolate/strawberry cheesecake.

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones 02-11-2014 09:10 AM

Yeah Self said Embiid will be taking some time off. Like KCC said, it's best for the long term. I want 10 in a row (not saying it won't happen) but as much as I LIKE conference titles, I speak for everyone here when I say I LOVE national titles. It's been 6 years, time to hang another NC banner. Get Embiid ready for March.

Lzen 02-11-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10426706)
Almost feel Self lost this game on purpose.

Why? I suppose we're about to find out...

Ah geez. :doh!:

Lzen 02-11-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10427004)
I was thinking...

Do you even need to ask? :shake:

KC_Connection 02-11-2014 09:16 AM

In the last 7 seasons, only one team has played a tougher schedule by KenPom's numbers than KU this season (MSU in 2011).

Mr_Tomahawk 02-11-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10427042)
Do you even need to ask? :shake:

Well...it was somewhat of an indirect joke with the whole "see what its like to storm a court" quote.

But apparently everyone around here is still a little uptight about the game...

Lzen 02-11-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10427046)
Well...it was somewhat of an indirect joke with the whole "see what its like to storm a court" quote.

But apparently everyone around here is still a little uptight about the game...

You suck.

:p

DJJasonp 02-11-2014 09:22 AM

I'm starting to really worry about how this team, from an offensive standpoint, handles really tough, long, and athletic defenses.

Texas
SDSU
KSU
Villanova

We've struggled to find offensive rhythm in those games big time. I realize foul trouble and Embiid being out has hurt - but our offensive sets have got to get better.

Our tournament chances, I'm afraid, hinge upon our match-ups more than anything else.

I could see this team making the final 4......and I could see us going out in the 2nd round, depending upon the match-up.

Bearcat 02-11-2014 10:13 AM

Yeah, they're still soft and I don't see them grinding through tournament games and seemingly pulling wins out of their ass like they did a couple of years ago against Purdue, Ohio State, etc. Eventually the discussion turns from "they're young/they'll peak at the right time/etc"; to simply being this kind of team. The comeback was encouraging though and hopefully they learned something from that game.