ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Most Pathetic Play In Chiefs History (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272767)

Marcellus 05-05-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9658626)
John Dorsey trading two 2's for a first round bust

August 2007, when Billay joined CP. Horrible play. Just horrible.

Hootie 05-05-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9658070)
That easy pick six that Patrick Surtain came dropped against Tom Brady in 2006 or so that cost us a trip to the playoffs comes to mind as well. Brady always gets the key INT drops.

...I think you're thinking of Drew Bledsoe.

Titty Meat 05-05-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9660161)
August 2007, when Billay joined CP. Horrible play. Just horrible.

You would make excuses for my assholishness if I were with the Chiefs organization.

Hootie 05-05-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 9658093)
What about the one against the Cowboys that wins the game...much bigger play.

I think he was probably thinking of that one.

...and that was horrible

combined with the 14 point swing with the LJ missed block...

and then a poor snap on the FG that would have put us in overtime

...I literally fell to the floor of my room in despair after we missed that FG. I laid face down for about 20 minutes.

we had absolutely no business losing that game and it pretty much was the reason we didn't make the playoffs

and the Steelers got the 6th seed

and then the Steelers won the Super Bowl

Titty Meat 05-05-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9660192)
I think he was probably thinking of that one.

...and that was horrible

combined with the 14 point swing with the LJ missed block...

and then a poor snap on the FG that would have put us in overtime

...I literally fell to the floor of my room in despair after we missed that FG. I laid face down for about 20 minutes.

we had absolutely no business losing that game and it pretty much was the reason we didn't make the playoffs

and the Steelers got the 6th seed

and then the Steelers won the Super Bowl

Yeah that game hurt. I also blame the long snapper Perry for a high snap on the field goal.

We really should have beat the Giants and the Bills.

Probably could have beat Cincinnati in the wildcard game. We would have lost @Denver though.

Hootie 05-05-2013 05:48 PM

we got smoked by both of those teams from what I recall...the Bills game being one of Jordan Black's finest.

Titty Meat 05-05-2013 06:01 PM

Our shit defense held the Bills to 14 points. Lol JP Losman ****ing best us.

DJ's left nut 05-07-2013 11:50 AM

Someone has it as a signature, but the throw where Cassel had a clean throwing lane to a WR across the middle about 10 yards downfield and just flat overthrows him by 10 yards.

The guy is standing right in front of him and Cassel has a clean pocket...just can't manage to make an accurate high-school caliber toss.

Buehler445 05-07-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9656836)
That was the first play that came to mind for me.

Elvis spiking the ball on fourth down comes to mind too, though I don't recall if that was a preseason game. Not that it matters for this discussion.

Or you know, I don't remember the particular play, but the play that may have made me the most angry as a Chiefs fan was Herm Edwards playing conservative in overtime against Peyton Manning's Colts and then punting to PEYTON MANNING, assuming he was going to win a field position battle or something. That series tipped me over the edge from being patient to being stridently anti-Herm and Carl.

The first time Herm played the Colts. Croyle's third start. When they should have been loosening up the leash some. NOPE! I was furious. I had tried to be a homer because IIRC Hali and Allen were tearing it up. Game's lost if you punt, and they had the PERFECT opportunity to see if Croyle had something. That really filled me with hate and rage. Herm killed my homerism and that was the tipping point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 9656974)
Does anyone remember the qb that we had - that maybe played 1 play, it was like Ingle Martin or something - and got cut the next day - I remember thinking to myself WTF...

It was a wildcat type play...

Raiders were in town for the 2008 home opener when JaFatass Bustell embarrassed us. He was listed as a WR and we pick him up as a ****ing quarterback because he played one in college. ROFL

EDIT: You got the name right. Ingle Martin. But I thought it was a short black kid with dreads. Or am I thinking of some other laughable QB addition.

Beef Supreme 05-07-2013 02:08 PM

The kicker who shall not be named.

thabear04 05-07-2013 02:15 PM

Chiefs should give the ball to Jeff Webb.

listopencil 05-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9656706)
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WKSbIOgLiAQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Looking back in hindsight with some objectivity, Haley's stares are impressive. Makes me kind of like the guy.

listopencil 05-07-2013 03:31 PM

You can see that he wishes to reach into someone's chest, pull out their still beating heart, and throw it in their face.

Rain Man 05-07-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9665257)

Raiders were in town for the 2008 home opener when JaFatass Bustell embarrassed us. He was listed as a WR and we pick him up as a ****ing quarterback because he played one in college. ROFL

EDIT: You got the name right. Ingle Martin. But I thought it was a short black kid with dreads. Or am I thinking of some other laughable QB addition.

I bet you're thinking of Marques Hagans.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HagaMa00.htm

O.city 05-07-2013 03:49 PM

Kicker that should go un named. Easily.

Or the time Colorado got a 5th down in the re..................wait, wrong team. **** me, the football teams I seem to pull for a ****ing cursed