ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Another one of Peterson's brilliant moves (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9219)

homebizy 09-16-2000 12:24 PM

Last year, he decided to keep Greg Manusky and cut Greg Favors. Today, Manusky tends bar on a cruise ship. Favors is making plays for the Titans.

Can this guy (Peterson) do anything right??

One Arrowhead Dave 09-16-2000 12:32 PM

Ken what is it with you and your obseesion with teh comparison of Carl Peterson and Ron Wolfe.

We all know who clearly has the better GM here. Wolfe is a total idiot. We won't mention the hiring of Raye Roades.

Tell me how did he expect to have a coach from a 6-10 team come in and take his team all the way to the superbowl. That was the stupidest thing Ive ever heard of. What was really a brilliant move on his part was the way he turned around and fired the coach within the next year. In other words a year totally wasted... Just like alot of you guy's draft picks.

It sucks to be a packer fan right now. Favre is hurt and you guys have to play him until he retires. You guys will be lucky to be in a tie for a wild card for the next 5 years. Or atleast while Brett Favre is there and especially while he's hurt.

DoktorSmith 09-16-2000 12:50 PM

I saw my reply on my screen and realized it was a colossal waste of time even trying to have a reasonable discussion on this thread.

Never mind.

xoxo~
gaz
lost all interest.

[This message has been edited by Gaz (edited 09-16-2000).]

egonzo 09-16-2000 12:53 PM

Somebody must've peed in his wheaties this morning....Probably Carl...

Milissa 09-16-2000 12:58 PM

Damn! Just when I thought we weren`t going to have any trolls on here!

DoktorSmith 09-16-2000 01:15 PM

You know, I once posted on the “old” BB that Packfan should not be considered a Troll, despite his often abrasive and insulting writing style. I argued that unlike the Trolls, he talked football and did more than simply drive by with nasty comments about the Chiefs.

I am beginning to suspect that perhaps I was wrong.

xoxo~
gaz
not nearly as infallible as he hoped.<BR>

redbrian 09-16-2000 04:16 PM

Despite your opinion of Packfan and his abrasive writing style, he is correct in this matter.

It was another mistake in a long line of horrible decisions by Carl.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 09-16-2000).]

egonzo 09-16-2000 04:30 PM

Please...If Cloud had the common sense to cut back inside, this post wouldn't exist.

Luzap 09-16-2000 04:38 PM

Cannibal:

If, at any time, Ken would TRY to point out the positives while belaboring on the negatives, or even spend a little time spinning something other than the same monotonous subject,I doubt he would get the negativism he receives.

Ken's only objective, and sole contribution to this BB is to come on here, point out that Carl Peterson is a complete idiot, then flee for a few days after stirring up the pot.

He purports to be a semi-fan of the Chiefs as the reason for his diatribe, but I believe there is some personal reason for his attacks.

mmaddog
doesn't need any help seeing Peterson's failures

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

shakesthecat 09-16-2000 04:39 PM

Are you at all aware of why they cut Favors?

- didn't think so.

ColoradoChief 09-16-2000 05:02 PM

KC Jones - If you know the real reason, I'd really like to know. I heard a few reasons like he had lost the "fire" he had from a year ago and lame excuses like that. I thought I heard elsewhere that he had off-field problems. Please clarify for me as I would really like to know the truth. I really thought it was a mistake cutting him.

broncosrule 09-16-2000 05:08 PM

Did I read the posts wrong or did Packfan get called out today? Of course he is going to have a negative reply. You can't call him out like that and then slam him for defending himself.

This is like a strange family thing. You know.. you can hack on your sister all day long, but when one of your friends does it...ooh watch out!! CP gets hacked on all day long by most of us on this BB, but the second Packfan does it it's war. Just something I noticed.

shakesthecat 09-16-2000 05:14 PM

G_Man,

I'm not sure but based on the reports from that years training camp, Favors was not being a FB player. He showed up for camp out of shape, missed meetings, and didn't seem to care. I think the Chiefs were put in a situation where they had to cut him for being a screw up. Sometimes guys need that wake up call to work hard. Looks like getting cut did wonders for his work ethic.

Phobia 09-16-2000 05:18 PM

Im pretty sure that sometime ago, Ken mentioned the signing of Favors as a screwup as well.

Hey Ken, remember how you used to bash Carl for not drafting talent could play elsewhere and were failures after they left the Chiefs?

It seems that line of reasoning contradicts this post, but then again, this contradiction would not be a first for you, huh?

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 09-16-2000).]

alanm 09-16-2000 06:05 PM

I'm just gonna tell CP to stay at least 5 feet from the cans of 30W oil...