ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The hypocritical analysis of Todd Haley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214609)

petegz28 09-20-2009 10:42 PM

The hypocritical analysis of Todd Haley

Week 1:

Chiefs D gives up 500 yards of O, the team committs 2 penalties, no turnovers and keeps the game close scoring 24 points by a special teams play and defensive play while only putting up 160ish yards of offense.

Pundit Analysis:

Haley has the team going in the right direction, they were disciplined and aggressive.

Week 2:

Chiefs put up 400 yards of offense, the defense only allows 160ish yards of O, the team gets 9 penalites, a rusty QB throws 2 picks and makes a terrible decision to end the 1st half and only scoring 10 points in the game. Haley takes responisibilty for things that clearly were not his fault. Something a Chiefs head coach has not done in 3 years.

Pundit Analysis:

Haley sucks, he is an embarrasment, this team lacks discipline, they are the worst in the NFL.

My analysis:

Our team looked damn good today and we kicked the crap out of a team we should have. We just had a couple things go wrong at the worst possible times. This will happen with a new team, new coach and rusty QB. All in all, if we played the same game again we route the other team. My only criticism of Haley in the Raiders game was the prevent defense at the end of the game. Other than that, we man-handled a team that man-handled the alleged Super Bowl favorite SD Chargers a week ago.

All in all, this team is heading in the right direction and today sucked. But I still saw promise in our team. A promise we haven't seen in the last 3 years.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 09-20-2009 10:44 PM

If this was Facebook, I'd hit the "like" button.

DeezNutz 09-20-2009 10:46 PM

Looked damn good today?

Like what happened in week 1, apparently my television malfunctioned for a large portion of the afternoon.

When this team actually does play a complete, solid game of football, it will be the slowest day in the history of CP because countless monitors across the country will be so thickly covered in ejaculate that it will take the Geek Squad weeks to respond.

LaChapelle 09-20-2009 10:48 PM

The Raiders didn't mount a scoring drive until after the Chiefs could. It's amazing how many times this kind of thing happens in every NFL game. The ifs ands or buts arguments are a waste of time.

Mecca 09-20-2009 10:49 PM

Damn good is a really bad line, damn good is how the Giants looked.

petegz28 09-20-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6095131)

I should say, damn good between the 20's. Or damn good except the score.

You don't put up 400 yards of offense and hold a team under 200 yards of offense by looking like shit. We just couldn't finish off our drives.

OnTheWarpath15 09-20-2009 10:51 PM

A team that:

-Loses the turnover battle (-2)

-Racks up 400+ yards of offense, but only 10 points

-Committed NINE penalties for 70 yards

-Loses to a team that only manages 166 yards of offense, with a QB that was completing passes at a 30% clip

LOOKED DAMN GOOD TODAY?

Mecca 09-20-2009 10:51 PM

You should put they played a solid game but decided they didn't want to win.

petegz28 09-20-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6095137)
A team that:

-Loses to a team that only manages 166 yards of offense, with a QB that was completing passes at a 30% clip

LOOKED DAMN GOOD TODAY?

Slow down and read the OP again....

Hammock Parties 09-20-2009 10:52 PM

We have been in a position to win two weeks in a row. If you don't think that has anything to do with good coaching you are a complete and utter ****ing moron, especially considering the OBVIOUS lack of talent.

Maybe if Tamba Hali or Mike Vrabel could get off a friggin' block on the pass rush in the fourth quarter we wouldn't be winless.

Maybe if Ndookwe could contain Greg ****in' Ellis we march down the field for a field goal and tie it up.

Jesus Christ. Blame Haley? The only coach who could win consistently with this pack of talent is Albus Dumbledore.

doomy3 09-20-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6095131)

I definitely wouldn't say the Chiefs looked damn good.

I also wouldn't say the Giants looked damn good.

Their offense did, but their vaunted DLine was absolutely gashed by Barber and Felix Jones all night. They were abused, and if Romo would have had a halfway decent game, the Cowboys would have won that game.

OnTheWarpath15 09-20-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6095139)
Slow down and read the OP again....

I did.

It's full of bullshit excuses.

Mecca 09-20-2009 10:54 PM

They looked good at times and looked extremely sloppy at others. The game was a mixed bag they never had any complete drives.

This is what I think when I think about it, last week with a backup QB on the road with the Ravens they were conservative trying to stay in it, the Ravens were aggressive and had some ****ups so while dominating the Chiefs stayed close.

Today against a team they felt they were better than with Cassel back they were more aggressive resulting in more penalties and turnovers giving the game to the Raiders.

Mecca 09-20-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6095141)
We have been in a position to win two weeks in a row. If you don't think that has anything to do with good coaching you are a complete and utter ****ing moron, especially considering the OBVIOUS lack of talent.

Maybe if Tamba Hali or Mike Vrabel could get off a friggin' block on the pass rush in the fourth quarter we wouldn't be winless.

Maybe if Ndookwe could contain Greg ****in' Ellis we march down the field for a field goal and tie it up.

Jesus Christ. Blame Haley? The only coach who could win consistently with this pack of talent is Albus Dumbledore.

In position to win is the same shit that happened all of last year, I remember numerous people saying we'd win alot of those games now cause Haley is a better coach than Herm.

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6095137)
A team that:

LOOKED DAMN GOOD TODAY?

You missed the part where he said if we didn't go into a Prevent Defense, we would have won.

I'm sure that clears that up.

:rolleyes: